Which device

I have been looking at devices to help with recording and motivation fitbit, withings or jawbone anyone use any of these or have recommendations for helping with weight loss?

Replies

• shadowfax_c11
    shadowfax_c11 Posts: 1,942 Member
    I've been using a Fitbit flex since April. Not complaints once I replaced the band with a prettier version that has a normal buckle. :)
  • I've been using Jawbone UP2 since May and I have no issues with it.
  • vingogly
    vingogly Posts: 1,785 Member
    I use a Fitbit One - mainly because I can't stand wearing something around my wrist.
  • ki4eld
    ki4eld Posts: 1,215 Member
    I use Fitbit Charge HR and so does @kc4nus and we love it. The amount of data makes me happy. I also like their level of customer support.
  • momar23
    momar23 Posts: 292 Member
    I am struggling with the same thing. Trying to decide between a Fitbit surge and the polar a360 which doesn't have GPS but looks awesome and has everything else I need.
  • N0EXCUSE
    N0EXCUSE Posts: 23 Member
    I have the Polar A360 and love it !
  • MyFairLaydee
    MyFairLaydee Posts: 9 Member
    No complaints with my Fitbit surge - syncs nicely with mfp
  • EricNewark
    EricNewark Posts: 295 Member
    Any issues noted with wrist based HR monitor?

I have vivosmart but screen going bad (which is apparently a known issue) and its 2 months out of warranty.
  • hydieg19
    hydieg19 Posts: 1 Member
    I have had a polar loop and found it to be frustrating. I have a vivo active and not had a problem with it. Very easy to follow and understand .
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    I dislike the 24 hour HR monitors, I think they're a marketers dream .. if you don't have a medical condition that means you should monitor your heart rate it's a nonsensical thing to measure, if you do you'd get a clinical grade HR monitor. Calorie burn formulas based on HR are for specific workouts only (steady state cardio at a specific intensity over a specific time)

I love my fitbit zip, I downloaded from a fitbit flex because I wanted something less obtrusive
    - it is in no way inferior to the HR versions for general step based activity
    -
    I use a Polar FT 4 (chest strap HRM) for specific workouts
  • karrotcurl
    karrotcurl Posts: 3 Member
    No complaints with my Fitbit surge - syncs nicely with mfp
    How are you syncing your data? I've found a HUGE issue I have is that I log each of my activity (running, weights, pilates) on my Surge, but MFP only syncs the "steps" even though Fitbit shows each individual exercise in my dashboard. I would prefer to see my individual activities. Am I missing something? All of the Google searches indicate you cannot do this.

• lyndefisher
    lyndefisher Posts: 54 Member
    Got a FitBit Charge for Christmas and love it!!
  • ilex70
    ilex70 Posts: 727 Member
    Cheapo Vivofit here and it works for me. Glad that I don't have to worry about charging a battery all the time, and nice that it includes the time as a choice of display. I'm not trying to use it to micro manage anything, just a nudge to get moving more.
  • PMATLANTA
    PMATLANTA Posts: 13 Member
    I use Jawbone Up2 but cannot seem to get it connected. Operator error, perhaps?! I tried Fitbit but didn't like it - especially the bands since it was not easy taking off and on. I also added and use the Heart Rate app which gives me on demand HR info without having to upgrade to a device that has iit. All a matter of personal preference
  • allifaze19
    allifaze19 Posts: 3 Member
    I got a Garmin vivo fit for Christmas and I have had no problems with it
  • Kimegatron
    Kimegatron Posts: 772 Member
    rabbitjb wrote: »
    I dislike the 24 hour HR monitors, I think they're a marketers dream .. if you don't have a medical condition that means you should monitor your heart rate it's a nonsensical thing to measure, if you do you'd get a clinical grade HR monitor. Calorie burn formulas based on HR are for specific workouts only (steady state cardio at a specific intensity over a specific time)

I love my fitbit zip, I downloaded from a fitbit flex because I wanted something less obtrusive
    - it is in no way inferior to the HR versions for general step based activity
    -
    I use a Polar FT 4 (chest strap HRM) for specific workouts

I'm so weird though, I really like seeing how crazy my HR gets when I'm stressed. Like if me and the cheeto-head(husband) have a fight, I check my HR. No idea why... Now if they made a blood pressure machine into one of these, I think I would be a hypochondriac 5-ever
  • 604ImpaLa
    604ImpaLa Posts: 5 Member
    the Garmin Vivo, Garmin Smart & Fitbit HR are good. If you plan on spending a bunch of money on one I'd recommend Polar
  • kelleybean1
    kelleybean1 Posts: 312 Member
    Fitbit HR. I LOVE it! Oh and customer service is the best. I had an issue with the charging cable and they sent me a new Fitbit!
  • Calliope610
    Calliope610 Posts: 3,771 Member
    I have a fitbit flex for routine activity monitoring and use a Polar FT4 hrm for more accurate burns while doing cardio (walks, hikes, cycling). That combo works well for me.
  • thunder1982
    thunder1982 Posts: 280 Member
    I have mainly had fitbit. I had a cheapo version of some brand I cant even remember for a while which would tell me I was asleep while I was walking around the office. I like the GPS in the surge for tracking runs. I also like the 24hr heart rate monitor. Its amazing to see the impact of stress, alcohol, lack of sleep etc on your body's heart rate. It also helped me with a diagnosis of an auto immune disease which I wouldnt have picked up any other way.