Any other women hate having periods

Like I hate it! My appetite increases and I feel like it always tries to destroy my diet!!

Replies

• fat2fitaddict
    fat2fitaddict Posts: 90 Member
    im not a chick, but I hate when my wife has hers.. that I DO know.. :neutral:
  • ValerieMartini2Olives
    ValerieMartini2Olives Posts: 3,041 Member
    And that's why I'm so glad I don't get one anymore. Having an edometrial ablation was the best thing I ever did.
  • TheBeachgod
    TheBeachgod Posts: 825 Member
    Old guy here so I obviously have no idea what they're like but I'd say you might be grateful for them since it means your body is operating correctly and you're not pregnant. I was thrilled in my younger days when my partners had theirs because of the no offspring factor (seeing that no birth control except surgery is 100% effective).

Aunt Flo FTW!
  • jkal1979
    jkal1979 Posts: 1,896 Member
    It's better than the alternative.
  • Beautiful_Warrior94
    Beautiful_Warrior94 Posts: 197 Member
    I feel so fat though what I feel mine coming on
  • strong_curves
    strong_curves Posts: 2,229 Member
    I can't spend time hating something that happens naturally.

• arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Probably 90% of women who get their periods feel this way.
  • Kyrenora
    Kyrenora Posts: 133 Member
    Ugh, I hate them so. I just got my first one in over a year (had a baby). Honestly, I would rather be pregnant.
  • daniwilford
    daniwilford Posts: 1,030 Member
    I don't know a single person who doesn't hate it. I know women who use medication to avoid it. I know women who can't wait until menopause. Perhaps some women welcome it just for the reassurance that they are not pregnant, but the relief is gone by the second trip to the bathroom.
  • mkakids
    mkakids Posts: 1,913 Member
    Anyone not hate it?! Lol. Im guessing most of us dislike it.
  • Beautiful_Warrior94
    I feel like I eat too much I need to work out more to make sure I don't gain a *kitten* ton of weight
  • Beautiful_Warrior94
    I'd be fine if I lose my period for life. I don't care that's how much I hate it
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    I feel like I eat too much I need to work out more to make sure I don't gain a *kitten* ton of weight

After tracking my hunger/intake/symptoms for a few months I find that I have a day where I just binge. I think I'm officially just going to let myself do it for now on. I can't fight it anymore. The best I can do is be ready for it with less calorie dense foods around that I love. A gallon of ice cream is not safe.
  • strong_curves
    strong_curves Posts: 2,229 Member
    I'd be fine if I lose my period for life. I don't care that's how much I hate it

You can use birth control pills to not get your period.
  • pwrlipstick
    pwrlipstick Posts: 43 Member
    My period feels like my own body is trying to kill me (endometriosis for the win!), so, yeah, pretty safe to say I hate throwing up, ****ing my insides out, and literally screaming into pillows because it feels like a tiny raptor is trying to chew its way out of my hoo-hah.

Solution: Finally went to a doctor that wasn't all "lol, it's all part of being a woman!" and now no longer have my period. Best decision I have ever made. I'm no longer in pain every month, I simply continue taking my birth control as normally during the placebo pack (both my GYN and endocrinologist okayed it), I have more energy, and best of all, uninterrupted GAINZ.
  • Beautiful_Warrior94

I've been on birth control since I was fifteen
  • mandizz0317
    mandizz0317 Posts: 6 Member
    I use the nuvaring for birth control and, on my doctor's advice, keep it in on a 4-week cycle so I don't get a period. It makes my life SO much easier! You should talk to your doc about it!
  • HardcoreP0rk
    HardcoreP0rk Posts: 936 Member
    Like I hate it! My appetite increases and I feel like it always tries to destroy my diet!!

They're completely unnecessary. I have a Mirena and havent had a period in 7 years.
  • yayamom3
    yayamom3 Posts: 939 Member
    I recently started taking birth control pills that cause me to only have 4 periods a year. Wish I would have done this years ago! If birth control is part of your life, I would seriously consider discussing this with your doctor.
  • pwrlipstick
    pwrlipstick Posts: 43 Member

I've been on birth control since I was fifteen

Talk to your GYN. Ask him or her about skipping. What type of BC are you on?