Any other women hate having periods

Replies

• nicjbar73
    nicjbar73 Posts: 47 Member
    there are ways to work through this time. 1st xtra protein & iron. begin taking nsaid
    1-2days prior to start.will help with pain & bloat. exercising will help as well. lastly orgasm( either on own or with) will help body shed lining quicker & lessen days!
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,843 Member
    pineygirl wrote: »
    I don't really get PMS. My appetite increases slightly toward the second half of my luteal phase (week before period)...but not by much and I've noticed my resting heart rate is about 10 to 15 bpm higher than normal during my luteal phase. I suppose maybe my caloire burn is a little higher during my luteal phase (fitbit charge hr says so). I might get slight cramps the day it starts. Then no sex for 6 days...Oh and tampons...

Behold, tampon alternative! http://gladrags.com/product/238/The-Moon-Cup.html

Also, I can still have sex without mess on light flow days by using a diaphragm. They also sell disposable things for this: http://softcup.com/how/faqs

I know women who swear by the SoftCup, but a diaphragm works better for me.
  • pwrlipstick
    pwrlipstick Posts: 43 Member
    I love having my period. It's the best. Bleeding and having cravings that make it hard to stay in my calorie limit are so much fun. Oh, and cramps are the best part!

I truly believe that PMS isn't real, kind of like the female orgasm, it's just an excuse for women to act crazy a few days a month and over eat food. That's why women actually complain about weight gain during that time, it has nothing to do with the "hormones". It's because you stuff your face with chocolate!!!!

I.C.E. Cream Official Tester
    IKEA Professional Put Together-er
    Kickboxing Class Attender
    Been in fitness for about 2 years and have studied kitty-gif-ology, nutrition and Dinosaurs

Some science says yes: http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1111/eva.12190/full

And some say no.

My area of study in undergrad was neuroendocrinology, and it's been heavily debated, but regardless, even if it isn't coming from hormone fluctuations, the physical changes in the body are absolutely real and definitely contribute to the alterations of moods. So even if the mood swings present with PMS aren't due to hormone fluctuations, they're as a result of some level of discomfort and in that sense should be taken as "real".

That said, it doesn't give someone a pass to act like a c**t, and I say that as both a woman, and a woman who has been in relationships with other women.

I just realized you are absolutely kidding and I am dumb. I am going to go to the corner and reflect on not reading your whole post and question my life choices now LOL

It's ok, you ladies do weird things when the red sea flows....You'll be fine in a few days

Ugh. CURSE THIS LADY BRAIN OF MINE!!!!
  • vivmom2014
    vivmom2014 Posts: 1,647 Member
    What's the point in ranting about it? You're healthy. Be thankful. Hot flashes await.
  • LazyButHealthy
    LazyButHealthy Posts: 257 Member
    I can't spend time hating something that happens naturally.

I'm with you.

I've never hated them. 20 year on I'm sometimes relieved or sometimes annoyed, but apart from the initial reaction I can't see why anyone would get worked up about them (unless they're extraordinary).
    I'm reassured that it's a key indicator I'm relatively healthy.
  • mccindy72
    mccindy72 Posts: 7,001 Member
    Imagine a First World country where women got over the fact of their own biology and sucked it up. Owned their own biology for a few days and dealt with real life. If a period is the worst thing that is happening to you, you have things pretty good. Take a Midol, have a binge day, and move on.
  • grinning_chick
    grinning_chick Posts: 765 Member
    kshama2001 wrote: »
    pineygirl wrote: »
    I don't really get PMS. My appetite increases slightly toward the second half of my luteal phase (week before period)...but not by much and I've noticed my resting heart rate is about 10 to 15 bpm higher than normal during my luteal phase. I suppose maybe my caloire burn is a little higher during my luteal phase (fitbit charge hr says so). I might get slight cramps the day it starts. Then no sex for 6 days...Oh and tampons...

Behold, tampon alternative! http://gladrags.com/product/238/The-Moon-Cup.html

Also, I can still have sex without mess on light flow days by using a diaphragm. They also sell disposable things for this: http://softcup.com/how/faqs

I know women who swear by the SoftCup, but a diaphragm works better for me.

After much testing, I settled on: http://www.ladycup.eu/

Stupid name, great product once the stem is removed. Or it was when I purchased, anyways. Manufacturing and therefore quality could have gone in the crapper since then as they were a relatively new company in the market back then.
  • SoulOfRusalka
    SoulOfRusalka Posts: 1,201 Member
    I really don't like it. It screws with my emotions so much and it's inconvenient and I don't want children so there's no reason for me to have it. I had like a year where it stopped because I was underweight, and it was great.
  • janjunie
    janjunie Posts: 1,200 Member
    mccindy72 wrote: »
    Imagine a First World country where women got over the fact of their own biology and sucked it up. Owned their own biology for a few days and dealt with real life. If a period is the worst thing that is happening to you, you have things pretty good. Take a Midol, have a binge day, and move on.

Yes!!

This thread is so weird.

• chelsy0587
    chelsy0587 Posts: 441 Member
    I can't spend time hating something that happens naturally.

This.... plus like others have said it means my body is working just as it should...

Yes there are factors that absolutely suck and its not the most fun I've ever had but I actually look forward to mine when its days away. That's my only release, emotionally I am a complete mess... always started some stupid irrational fight with my BF then after it came I was like WTF was I thinking??

You're a grown woman, you can handle it and even be able to learn yourself from it... I used to be one of those girls that would say things like "men have it so easy, I'd trade if I could" But now that I've had a child and experienced the joy that comes from the ability to give life I am thankful I'm a woman and able to have children.
  • Beautiful_Warrior94
    Beautiful_Warrior94 Posts: 197 Member
    Kyrenora wrote: »
    _dracarys_ wrote: »
    I love having my period. It's the best. Bleeding and having cravings that make it hard to stay in my calorie limit are so much fun. Oh, and cramps are the best part!

I truly believe that PMS isn't real, kind of like the female orgasm, it's just an excuse for women to act crazy a few days a month and over eat food. That's why women actually complain about weight gain during that time, it has nothing to do with the "hormones". It's because you stuff your face with chocolate!!!!

I.C.E. Cream Official Tester
    IKEA Professional Put Together-er
    Kickboxing Class Attender
    Been in fitness for about 2 years and have studied kitty-gif-ology, nutrition and Dinosaurs

4rr66scq1zgz.gif

I regret nothing

This forum needs a like button. I laughed so hard I woke the baby.

Lmao!!!!!
  • owen1826
    owen1826 Posts: 53 Member
    Kyrenora wrote: »
    Ugh, I hate them so. I just got my first one in over a year (had a baby). Honestly, I would rather be pregnant.

Ha! I haven't had one in almost 2 years. Breastfeeding for the win!
  • LeanButNotMean44
    LeanButNotMean44 Posts: 852 Member
    janjunie wrote: »
    mccindy72 wrote: »

Yes!!

This thread is so weird.

WORD!
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,953 Member
    edited January 2016
    I hate to ask, but aren't you pre-med? I'm a little concerned that you have so little understanding of your body and a medication you've been on since you were 15. The 28 day pack has 21 pills of one colour, and 7 of the other, right? the 7 are sugar pills - they just keep you in the habit of taking a daily pill. They have no other effect. You get a 'period' then because it is a withdrawal bleed from not having the hormones in the other pills for 7 days. If you skip the sugar pills and just go straight to the next pack and continue with the 'real' pills, you won't get your period. You'll go through your prescription faster because you're only getting 3 weeks out of a pack rather than 4, but voila - no period.

In the spirit of lightheartedness the two funniest descriptors for period I've heard of late:

1. A period is when your body spends 3 weeks getting the baby's room ready, finds out you're not going to use it, and trashes the joint in a fit of rage.

2. In Denmark, they have a euphemism for period which translates as "The communists are in the fun house"
  • Beautiful_Warrior94
    I hate to ask, but aren't you pre-med? I'm a little concerned that you have so little understanding of your body and a medication you've been on since you were 15. The 28 day pack has 21 pills of one colour, and 7 of the other, right? the 7 are sugar pills - they just keep you in the habit of taking a daily pill. They have no other effect. You get a 'period' then because it is a withdrawal bleed from not having the hormones in the other pills for 7 days. If you skip the sugar pills and just go straight to the next pack and continue with the 'real' pills, you won't get your period. You'll go through your prescription faster because you're only getting 3 weeks out of a pack rather than 4, but voila - no period.

In the spirit of lightheartedness the two funniest descriptors for period I've heard of late:

1. A period is when your body spends 3 weeks getting the baby's room ready, finds out you're not going to use it, and trashes the joint in a fit of rage.

2. In Denmark, they have a euphemism for period which translates as "The communists are in the fun house"

Dude I take birth control. I don't take no sugar pill *kitten*
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,843 Member

What brand do you take?
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,953 Member

*sigh* Does your pill packet have 21 pills and 7 pills which are either a different colour, or have a different colour on the packet? That just happen to be the pills you are taking when your period arrives? Those are sugar pills.
  • Beautiful_Warrior94

*sigh* Does your pill packet have 21 pills and 7 pills which are either a different colour, or have a different colour on the packet? That just happen to be the pills you are taking when your period arrives? Those are sugar pills.

• Beautiful_Warrior94
    It's protecting me from getting pregnant right? I was always told it was birth control