Any other women hate having periods

Replies

• Zellyrus
    Zellyrus Posts: 33 Member
    Apart from wanting to eat everything and then cry, I hate how tired I get. Even activities that I enjoy are like, "Nope, not going hiking."
  • YaGirlMaddi
    YaGirlMaddi Posts: 88 Member
    I took camrese (seasonique) birth control for 2, almost 3, years and I really feel like it messed up my body probably since I didn't have a period for every 3 months. So I barely had a period, I was constantly bloated, and I barely had a sex drive (which my boyfriend hated haha). So once I started my weightloss regimen I ditched the birth control and now I feel and look great ! I might go back to birth control but it would be a month to month one.
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,799 Member
    kshama2001 wrote: »
    So much hate!! My husband and I have no desire at all for kids. We don't hate them, but we certainly don't like them either. I have medical issues that make child bearing almost impossible, I'm also on blood thiners. Trust me, you don't want to know what that's lik! My GYN won't back a permanent solution because we are "too young", I'm in my 30's and at this point I don't see either if us magically wanting children. She did prescribe mirena (LOVE IT!) I'm not completely period free but it's better than it ever has been before.

Has your husband talked to his doctor about getting a vasectomy? Maybe he would be taken more seriously >.<

What would a permanent solution for you look like - a hysterectomy? That's a far bigger deal than a vasectomy so I can see where your GYN is coming from.

They don't like to do hysterectomies anymore. Back in my mother's day, they were done quite regularly, but not now.

I mentioned in my post (just a few posts up from here) that I was rushed into surgery last January ... that was because the large polyp they found in my uterus had them thinking "cancer", and sure enough, I show all the signs of having a pre-cancerous environment in my uterus. Back in the day, my uterus would have been removed immediately. But these days, I just go for testing every 6 months and if I do actually develop cancer, then it will be removed.

• Jesusjohnjames
    Jesusjohnjames Posts: 378 Member
    God gave you your period for a reason I don't think it's unnecessary
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,956 Member
    So much hate!! My husband and I have no desire at all for kids. We don't hate them, but we certainly don't like them either. I have medical issues that make child bearing almost impossible, I'm also on blood thiners. Trust me, you don't want to know what that's lik! My GYN won't back a permanent solution because we are "too young", I'm in my 30's and at this point I don't see either if us magically wanting children. She did prescribe mirena (LOVE IT!) I'm not completely period free but it's better than it ever has been before.

Has your husband talked to his doctor about getting a vasectomy? Maybe he would be taken more seriously >.<

What would a permanent solution for you look like - a hysterectomy? That's a far bigger deal than a vasectomy so I can see where your GYN is coming from.

They wouldn't do a hysterectomy as a birth control measure (and I read permanent solution as a birth control one, not a period one), or even as an optional thing, it would need to be medically necessary.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,881 Member

They wouldn't do a hysterectomy as a birth control measure (and I read permanent solution as a birth control one, not a period one), or even as an optional thing, it would need to be medically necessary.

Because she mentioned medical issues and blood thinners, I assumed the permanent solution was for something other than birth control.
  • soulofgrace
    soulofgrace Posts: 175 Member
    Machka9 wrote: »

They don't like to do hysterectomies anymore. Back in my mother's day, they were done quite regularly, but not now.

That all depends on the doctor, in my experience. Kshama was saying that it's a bigger deal than a vasectmy, which it is. I had what looked like on ultrasound to be a fairly large polyp. Surgical gyno was all over using his new surgical toy to yank my uterus, and made it sound like " all the women are doing it." Damned if he wasn't disappointed when I only consented to the exploratory camera thingy. Turns out it was a shadow or something. He even seemed disappointed that I wouldn't let him cut out a fibroid. Nope. Could be cancer in there and it could have spread. Women just need to do homework on what is best and not completely depend on the advice of one doctor.
  • kshama2001

That all depends on the doctor, in my experience. Kshama was saying that it's a bigger deal than a vasectmy, which it is. I had what looked like on ultrasound to be a fairly large polyp. Surgical gyno was all over using his new surgical toy to yank my uterus, and made it sound like " all the women are doing it." Damned if he wasn't disappointed when I only consented to the exploratory camera thingy. Turns out it was a shadow or something. He even seemed disappointed that I wouldn't let him cut out a fibroid. Nope. Could be cancer in there and it could have spread. Women just need to do homework on what is best and not completely depend on the advice of one doctor.

Ya, my new GYN and my last GYN both recommended a hysterectomy to remove my fibroid (which is too big for the less drastic methods.) I'm 49 and am trying to hold out for the lower estrogen levels menopause will bring to reduce it naturally.
  • jaga13
    jaga13 Posts: 1,149 Member
    Whoa op, do not take the advice to skip the placebo pills and start a new pack without making sure you get a new prescription. If you go through your pack too fast, your insurance may deny the next pack when you need it because they don't want to pay for it every 3 weeks when it is subscribed every 4 weeks. Ask for dr AND check with your pharmacy/insurance!!
  • emmooney235
    emmooney235 Posts: 85 Member
    So much hate!! My husband and I have no desire at all for kids. We don't hate them, but we certainly don't like them either. I have medical issues that make child bearing almost impossible, I'm also on blood thiners. Trust me, you don't want to know what that's lik!

I do know what that's like ... I went onto Warfarin in August 2009 after developing DVT and was on it for a year. In that time I also discovered that the same genetic mutation that causes me to form blood clots also makes it next to impossible for me to have a child. That explains a few things from my younger days.

But what the Warfarin did for my periods was to shorten them to the most astoundingly intense 2-3 days ... and then they were done. It was amazing! I didn't much like those 2-3 days, but loved that it was over and done in such a short time. Oh, and no cramping either ... just Niagara Falls.

Of course, the whole blood clot thing means no hormone replacement therapy (i.e. birth control pills) ever again.

I'm a "super clotter" so Warfarin for life. My periods became 7 days of pure hell! Niagara Falls with the most intense cramps I've ever had! I also can only take Tylenol for pain control. I was seriously changing feminine products every 30-45 minutes, even having to set my alarm for same time frame for the over night hours. I almost called an ambulance one day at work because I thought I was bleeding out at my desk. It was so bad I was starting to think I might have to rock the adult diapers so that I had the coverage I needed. I suffered through work because, well, who can take a week off every month?

As for the permanent solution, I begged for anything that could make it stop! I didn't care how "extreme" the solution was, I just wanted to be able to live a normal life. I can't take anything orally or inject-able that has hormones because if the clotting problem. I have to watch the amount of greens I have, including green and/or herbal teas. So if the Minrena hadn't worked I would have been out of luck. And a vasectomy fixes the no kids thing, but not my awful periods.
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,799 Member

Ya, my new GYN and my last GYN both recommended a hysterectomy to remove my fibroid (which is too big for the less drastic methods.) I'm 49 and am trying to hold out for the lower estrogen levels menopause will bring to reduce it naturally.

I need to see your Drs! :grin:

I was there, pen in hand, ready to sign up to have mine removed ... but nope. They don't do that here unless it is a real life or death situation.

Anyway, I'm 48 and my GYN decided that a natural menopause will (hopefully) solve everything. He figures another 2-3 years ... maybe longer.
  • mccindy72
    mccindy72 Posts: 7,001 Member

I mentioned in my post (just a few posts up from here) that I was rushed into surgery last January ... that was because the large polyp they found in my uterus had them thinking "cancer", and sure enough, I show all the signs of having a pre-cancerous environment in my uterus. Back in the day, my uterus would have been removed immediately. But these days, I just go for testing every 6 months and if I do actually develop cancer, then it will be removed.

Completely depends on the reason, when it comes to hysterectomy. I had one ten years ago for fibroid tumors and endometriosis, and I have a family member and several friends who have all had hysterectomies for endometriosis.
    Back when I just had polyps, they just removed them and tested them for cancer.
  • MarziPanda95
    MarziPanda95 Posts: 1,326 Member
    God gave you your period for a reason I don't think it's unnecessary

There are a lot of women on this thread who don't want children... for them, it IS unnecessary.
  • kshama2001

I need to see your Drs! :grin:

I was there, pen in hand, ready to sign up to have mine removed ... but nope. They don't do that here unless it is a real life or death situation.

Anyway, I'm 48 and my GYN decided that a natural menopause will (hopefully) solve everything. He figures another 2-3 years ... maybe longer.

Let's switch doctors :D
  • brendak76
    brendak76 Posts: 241 Member
    After a decade of being in extreme pain for 10+ days/month, after being done with childbirth, and after trying every other medical and nonmedical intervention to relieve the monthly pain, I had a partial hysterectomy. Best. Decision. Ever.
  • lmmilbert
    lmmilbert Posts: 15 Member
    Ok, OP has to be joking, or she is the dumbest person I have ever met. Even my 13 year old daughter- who is not on the pill- knows how bc pills work!!
  • kshama2001
    So much hate!! My husband and I have no desire at all for kids. We don't hate them, but we certainly don't like them either. I have medical issues that make child bearing almost impossible, I'm also on blood thiners. Trust me, you don't want to know what that's lik!

I do know what that's like ... I went onto Warfarin in August 2009 after developing DVT and was on it for a year. In that time I also discovered that the same genetic mutation that causes me to form blood clots also makes it next to impossible for me to have a child. That explains a few things from my younger days.

But what the Warfarin did for my periods was to shorten them to the most astoundingly intense 2-3 days ... and then they were done. It was amazing! I didn't much like those 2-3 days, but loved that it was over and done in such a short time. Oh, and no cramping either ... just Niagara Falls.

Of course, the whole blood clot thing means no hormone replacement therapy (i.e. birth control pills) ever again.

I'm a "super clotter" so Warfarin for life. My periods became 7 days of pure hell! Niagara Falls with the most intense cramps I've ever had! I also can only take Tylenol for pain control. I was seriously changing feminine products every 30-45 minutes, even having to set my alarm for same time frame for the over night hours. I almost called an ambulance one day at work because I thought I was bleeding out at my desk. It was so bad I was starting to think I might have to rock the adult diapers so that I had the coverage I needed. I suffered through work because, well, who can take a week off every month?

As for the permanent solution, I begged for anything that could make it stop! I didn't care how "extreme" the solution was, I just wanted to be able to live a normal life. I can't take anything orally or inject-able that has hormones because if the clotting problem. I have to watch the amount of greens I have, including green and/or herbal teas. So if the Minrena hadn't worked I would have been out of luck. And a vasectomy fixes the no kids thing, but not my awful periods.

If I didn't work from home, I might take the hysterectomy for my own Niagra Falls. I'm (barely) managing nights with the European OB Ultra, which is bigger than the North American Ultra.

I just learned last month that the Mirena would have been an option for me when my fibroid was smaller, but it is too big now >.<
  • htimpaired
    htimpaired Posts: 1,404 Member
    WinoGelato wrote: »
    Hey guys - maybe we should just let OP continue taking her pills the way she has been taking them. I would hate for her to end up pregnant by getting off track with these pills trying to avoid her period. Dontcha think?

Yea, I'm thinking we don't want any reproduction here...
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    I find it creepy that men are reading this thread, let alone commenting on it. What's with that?
  • misskarne
    misskarne Posts: 1,767 Member
    jaga13 wrote: »
    Whoa op, do not take the advice to skip the placebo pills and start a new pack without making sure you get a new prescription. If you go through your pack too fast, your insurance may deny the next pack when you need it because they don't want to pay for it every 3 weeks when it is subscribed every 4 weeks. Ask for dr AND check with your pharmacy/insurance!!

What? It comes in a four-month supply and what does health insurance have anything to do with it...?

Oh wait, is this a thing with the stupid American system?