Any other women hate having periods

Replies

• Kimegatron
    Kimegatron Posts: 772 Member
    I hate it because it's sooooooo inconvenient. It's like "hey babe, you now how I said later tonight we... yeah, no. Sorry!"
  • Kimegatron
    I just don't like messy stuff.
  • SkinnyFit_105
    SkinnyFit_105 Posts: 7 Member
    I would be totally fine losing mine forever. Ruins my good panties every time and sometimes it comes 2x a month. So much money on tampons and the cramps.....OMG.
  • Kimegatron
    I would be totally fine losing mine forever. Ruins my good panties every time and sometimes it comes 2x a month. So much money on tampons and the cramps.....OMG.

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS that. God. BTW, peroxide gets blood outta clothes :D never tried it with undies beause whatever, just a reason to buy more. I do it for my kids clothes, she will get a scrape here and there, or because of our hands, in the winter, we get cracked hands. it's gross. My kid got a cut on her toe and got blood on her pillow case yesterday. A few rounds of peroxide and the blood was gone. It's cool, it bubbles up like it would on your hand :dizzy:
  • kiddiebqueen17
    kiddiebqueen17 Posts: 100 Member
    This fall I started a birth control pills that I only get my period every three months... so four times a year. I HATE my doctor for not telling me about it earlier. It has been awesome!!!
  • Kimegatron
    This fall I started a birth control pills that I only get my period every three months... so four times a year. I HATE my doctor for not telling me about it earlier. It has been awesome!!!

I have the kind that lasts 4 days, but I usually forget a pill like once a month so I really have 2 periods a month, just one is a mini.
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,706 Member
    Machka9 wrote: »
    So much hate!! My husband and I have no desire at all for kids. We don't hate them, but we certainly don't like them either. I have medical issues that make child bearing almost impossible, I'm also on blood thiners. Trust me, you don't want to know what that's lik!

I do know what that's like ... I went onto Warfarin in August 2009 after developing DVT and was on it for a year. In that time I also discovered that the same genetic mutation that causes me to form blood clots also makes it next to impossible for me to have a child. That explains a few things from my younger days.

But what the Warfarin did for my periods was to shorten them to the most astoundingly intense 2-3 days ... and then they were done. It was amazing! I didn't much like those 2-3 days, but loved that it was over and done in such a short time. Oh, and no cramping either ... just Niagara Falls.

Of course, the whole blood clot thing means no hormone replacement therapy (i.e. birth control pills) ever again.

I'm a "super clotter" so Warfarin for life. My periods became 7 days of pure hell! Niagara Falls with the most intense cramps I've ever had! I also can only take Tylenol for pain control. I was seriously changing feminine products every 30-45 minutes, even having to set my alarm for same time frame for the over night hours. I almost called an ambulance one day at work because I thought I was bleeding out at my desk. It was so bad I was starting to think I might have to rock the adult diapers so that I had the coverage I needed. I suffered through work because, well, who can take a week off every month?

As for the permanent solution, I begged for anything that could make it stop! I didn't care how "extreme" the solution was, I just wanted to be able to live a normal life. I can't take anything orally or inject-able that has hormones because if the clotting problem. I have to watch the amount of greens I have, including green and/or herbal teas. So if the Minrena hadn't worked I would have been out of luck. And a vasectomy fixes the no kids thing, but not my awful periods.

Sorry to hear you went through all that! But glad you found a solution.

When I was on warfarin, I had to be careful about the greens too. I could eat all the chocolate I wanted, but I really had to watch the broccoli intake.

I've been told I'll likely have to go on it again at some point, but hopefully not soon. Meanwhile, I have to do Clexane injections every time I travel, and that seems to trigger a heavy period in the first week or so of my trip, and again when I return home.
  • ValerieMartini2Olives
    ValerieMartini2Olives Posts: 3,041 Member
    edited January 2016
    kshama2001 wrote: »
    So much hate!! My husband and I have no desire at all for kids. We don't hate them, but we certainly don't like them either. I have medical issues that make child bearing almost impossible, I'm also on blood thiners. Trust me, you don't want to know what that's lik! My GYN won't back a permanent solution because we are "too young", I'm in my 30's and at this point I don't see either if us magically wanting children. She did prescribe mirena (LOVE IT!) I'm not completely period free but it's better than it ever has been before.

Has your husband talked to his doctor about getting a vasectomy? Maybe he would be taken more seriously >.<

What would a permanent solution for you look like - a hysterectomy? That's a far bigger deal than a vasectomy so I can see where your GYN is coming from.

They wouldn't do a hysterectomy as a birth control measure (and I read permanent solution as a birth control one, not a period one), or even as an optional thing, it would need to be medically necessary.

I had my tubes tied after only 1 child at 28 years old. I had to BEG my doctor for it. After my kid was born, up to 11 months post partum, my periods were unbelievable. I would soak through a super plus tampon in 20 minutes. I went back to my ob/gyn to see what my options were. I tried to get him to give me a hysterectomy. His response was "No doctor in their right mind would do a hysterectomy on a woman under 30 in good health. It is a very invasive procedure."

I had a procedure called a D&C in 2009 to lighten my period. 11 months post partum I got a 2nd procedure called a D&C with hysteroscopy and endometrial ablation. This can only be done for women who are done having children but I get little to no period now. If I so get one, it's really just pink water that comes out and only need to wear a panty liner. Best thing I ever did.
  • grinning_chick
    grinning_chick Posts: 765 Member
    edited January 2016
    So much hate!! My husband and I have no desire at all for kids. We don't hate them, but we certainly don't like them either. I have medical issues that make child bearing almost impossible, I'm also on blood thiners. Trust me, you don't want to know what that's lik! My GYN won't back a permanent solution because we are "too young", I'm in my 30's and at this point I don't see either if us magically wanting children. She did prescribe mirena (LOVE IT!) I'm not completely period free but it's better than it ever has been before.

You need to tell your OB/GYN in no uncertain terms it is not her decision to make, a referral is expected if she cannot maintain professional objectivity over ridiculous personal hangups, and fired if she refuses.

Well, a person can dream anyways. (:

So very tired of reading about physicians refusing to sterilize women over irrational fear of an imaginary malpractice suit that has never once actually happened. Or simply being arrogant enough to think they know better than their patients what the patients really want. Ugh. Much Gross. /:
  • wildfire1204
    wildfire1204 Posts: 237 Member
    edited January 2016
    This thread is my life today. No lie, all evening I was wondering why I've felt like the Incredible Hulk in regards to my appetite and cravings lol. Literally just occurred to me that I'll be surfing the crimson tide in a few days. A bit relieved today was happening for a reason. I was starting to feel like "umm wth is going on???"
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,843 Member

Has your husband talked to his doctor about getting a vasectomy? Maybe he would be taken more seriously >.<

What would a permanent solution for you look like - a hysterectomy? That's a far bigger deal than a vasectomy so I can see where your GYN is coming from.

They wouldn't do a hysterectomy as a birth control measure (and I read permanent solution as a birth control one, not a period one), or even as an optional thing, it would need to be medically necessary.

I had my tubes tied after only 1 child at 28 years old. I had to BEG my doctor for it. After my kid was born, up to 11 months post partum, my periods were unbelievable. I would soak through a super plus tampon in 20 minutes. I went back to my ob/gyn to see what my options were. I tried to get him to give me a hysterectomy. His response was "No doctor in their right mind would do a hysterectomy on a woman under 30 in good health. It is a very invasive procedure."

I had a procedure called a D&C in 2009 to lighten my period. 11 months post partum I got a 2nd procedure called a D&C with hysteroscopy and endometrial ablation. This can only be done for women who are done having children but I get little to no period now. If I so get one, it's really just pink water that comes out and only need to wear a panty liner. Best thing I ever did.

Was the heavy bleeding related to having given birth so has since resolved?
  • ValerieMartini2Olives

Was the heavy bleeding related to having given birth so has since resolved?

I always had really bad periods to the point I bled heavy, vomited, 102 fever, diarrhea. It was debilitating. The 1st D&C helped a lot to make my periods lighter. 3 months post partum, my period came back with a nasty vengeance. I don't know if it was from being pregnant or what, but it was affecting my quality of life. I had read from numerous sources it takes 2-3 cycles for a period to come back to normal after giving birth, but after a year of having more accidents as an adult than when I first got them, I said enough was enough.
  • 1princesswarrior
    1princesswarrior Posts: 1,242 Member
    Oh boy, for those who just hate their period, wait for perimenopause to start....
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,843 Member
    Oh boy, for those who just hate their period, wait for perimenopause to start....

BRING IT!
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,706 Member
    lorrpb wrote: »
    I find it creepy that men are reading this thread, let alone commenting on it. What's with that?

Sadly, men are often more aware of what's going on than women are.

I'm floored by the number of women who come in here asking questions like, "I seem to gain weight just before my period starts ... does anyone else experience this?" and "I seem to get really hungry just before my period starts ... does anyone else experience this?". It's like they've just discovered they are a woman.

I am well aware of all these thing and have been since I was a little girl, even before I started my periods, because thankfully my mother took the time to teach me. But my husband can usually tell me the exact date on which my next period will start. Not 4 weeks out or anything because it's anybody's guess at that point, but usually about 3 or 4 days before I start, he'll say something like, "You're due to start your period on Saturday" or whatever. I've asked him how he knows, and apparently it is things like ... my mood changes a little bit, my little pooch becomes a bit rounder, I look a little puffier, I want to eat a little bit more ... you know, the whole gaining weight and feeling hungrier thing. :)

So if he, a man, knows ... and other men here know ... how is it so many women don't know their own bodies and cycles?

• WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,455 Member
    Never will I ever click on a period thread again.

Y'all Nasty.
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,455 Member
    Machka9 wrote: »
    I find it creepy that men are reading this thread, let alone commenting on it. What's with that?

I'm floored by the number of women who come in here asking questions like, "I seem to gain weight just before my period starts ... does anyone else experience this?" and "I seem to get really hungry just before my period starts ... does anyone else experience this?". It's like they've just discovered they are a woman.

I have wondered this so many times.
  • Quarkles
    Quarkles Posts: 69 Member
    misskarne wrote: »
    jaga13 wrote: »
    Whoa op, do not take the advice to skip the placebo pills and start a new pack without making sure you get a new prescription. If you go through your pack too fast, your insurance may deny the next pack when you need it because they don't want to pay for it every 3 weeks when it is subscribed every 4 weeks. Ask for dr AND check with your pharmacy/insurance!!

What? It comes in a four-month supply and what does health insurance have anything to do with it...?

Oh wait, is this a thing with the stupid American system?

Some pharmacists are apparently unaware of continual use and will deny you further pills if you use them too fast. My friend had this problem with her pharmacy (in Canada). She was told she was going through the pills too fast, and that they didn't have any of the 28-day packs available. She said that she was okay to take the 21-day pills since she only takes the active pills, and then was told that she didn't know how to use the medication properly and that they would not dispense it for her.
    If the Mirena didn't hurt so much to insert/remove, I'd be doing that for another five years. So convenient and easy, and five years without a period ain't too shabby either.
  • RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member

Why? It is a natural thing that happens to our bodies. Men have every right to read and comment and some can offer a lot of information on the subject.

• ValerieMartini2Olives

Why? It is a natural thing that happens to our bodies. Men have every right to read and comment and some can offer a lot of information on the subject.

Almost like saying men shouldn't be OB/GYN. I found the best OB/GYN were men. The ONE time I went to a woman, she was way too rough and left the speculum in way too long. Never again.