40+ Club : Where the Cool Kids Are

Replies

• RTGho
    RTGho Posts: 11 Member
    Add me to the 40 + club. Haven't joined any challenges yet but I'm going to look them over today. I'm game for a challenge buddy if anyone wants to bang one out.
  • chefdarnell
    chefdarnell Posts: 6 Member
    40+4 here.
    Mother of 3. I love food, wine, and cosmos. Since re-joining MFP (again!) the other day, I discovered my homemade cosmos are 406 cals EACH! Holy Mother of ...
    My goals are to track on MFP daily; exercise/move daily; and read a devotional/prayer daily . All of these need to happen before I can check emails, check social media, etc (I have a tendency to be online too much)
    I have 10-12# to lose and maintain to be at the top of my healthy range. (I could lose more, but 10-12 is my current goal).
    Thanks your cool title/group name. I have always thought of myself as a Cool Kid.
  • bago08
    bago08 Posts: 360 Member
    Im 43 and have had decent success on the program. I took some time off of counting during the holidays and was able to maintain. So that made me happy. Best of luck to all the new folks on here. Drop me a line if you have any questions.
  • amlygo
    amlygo Posts: 126 Member
    I turned 40 a few months ago. I have been up and down with weight the past few years and need to start again! I need motivation!
  • MFO3
    MFO3 Posts: 100 Member
    Hi all, looking to get back on track. Can always use some new friends for support. Feel free to add me as a friend.
  • Spaniel5
    Spaniel5 Posts: 48 Member
    49 year old mom of three, step mom of three more. All teenagers. I need to take better care of myself and look forward to accountability from you fine folks. This week's goal. 30 minutes a day of some form of activity. I sit at a desk all day so this may be a challenge but I'm up for it. I don't care if I lose any weight, I just want to be healthy.
  • brower47
    brower47 Posts: 16,356 Member
    I get to join the cool kids club in not too long. it sounds awesome!
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,897 Member
    Hi Alf,

No challenge for me. I am steadily working towrd my goals and making continual progress. That will have to do, for now.

I did lift, today....and am "monday fasting" which seemed to work for me in nov/dec.

Did you join a challenge?
  • aemommy1973
    aemommy1973 Posts: 13 Member
    So how do I join? 42 years young, kids getting older.... now its my turn.
  • Tonigem
    Tonigem Posts: 1 Member
    Hi all, I'm starting today! I need to lose 20.4 lbs (9.3 Kgs). To achieve this I've set myself a target to lose 1.1 lbs per week. I'm happy I've found this group so I could stay motivated. I'm praying for daily strength and determination to stick to it!

Ultimately, I want to adopt healthy habits
  • jafranco
    jafranco Posts: 8 Member
    45 trying to get back into shape so far not as bad as I thought it would be. MFP and getting back in the gym has been a big help
  • alf1163
    alf1163 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Hi everyone!!!! Glad to have so many cool kids joining us!!!! What are your goals this year? What are your challenges?

For me, I'm back in track! I was feeling like a blimp yesterday but I feel better today. I did a second kickboxing class today, a friend gave me a 3 class pass back in Nov. I just don't like their fees (you are either locked in $149 a month for 6 mos or $125/mo for 12 mos). They also use pressure tactics. Might not go back for the third class. It's called Ilovekickboxing. The class is a lot of fun but think it's over priced for just one class. I started eating healthier and tracking my calories. I'm way up again, 138lbs. My lowest in 2015 was 127. :( The lowest I've been since joining MFP in 2008 was 124lbs. I'm most comfortable at 130, pretty attainable for me so I'm shooting for that. I'm on week 6 of idealshape challenge 12 wk challenge. It's not super tough, I need to be careful, still with my injury. I also joined the Chris Powell 4wk challenge on dietbet. That will keep me on track because there's money involved. A dietbet challenge helped me back in 2014 to get out of a plateau. I can send the link. You have to lose at least 4% in 4 wks and you share the pot among the winners. I used $30 from my $50 winnings from last challenge to join this one. That will put me close to my goal. This was long, just wanted to share. :)
  • triddering
    triddering Posts: 81 Member
    edited January 2016
    alf1163 wrote: »
    HAPPY 2016!!!!!!! Glad you are here!!!!! Let's do this!!! Anyone joining a challenge?

Happy New Year to you too! I joined the challenge to lose 20 lbs by Easter. It's my first MFP challenge!

I have lost 72 lbs since May 1, 2015, when I was at my highest. Still 53 to go!
  • gam3rguy
    gam3rguy Posts: 3,773 Member
    "Hammer Plyometrics"=Done! good thing that whole "you need oxygen to live" thing is a myth...otherwise, i'd be screwed right now.
  • alf1163
    alf1163 Posts: 3,143 Member
    triddering wrote: »
    alf1163 wrote: »
    HAPPY 2016!!!!!!! Glad you are here!!!!! Let's do this!!! Anyone joining a challenge?

Happy New Year to you too! I joined the challenge to lose 20 lbs by Easter. It's my first MFP challenge!

I have lost 72 lbs since May 1, 2015, when I was at my highest. Still 53 to go!

Great job!!!!! I just joined that challenge! I don't really want to lose 20 lbs, 12 at the most, but seems to be a very active challenge group.
  • Kelceybyers
    Kelceybyers Posts: 56 Member
    I am in for this group too! I'm 47 recently divorced and looking for ex revenge weight loss lol.
  • codytriguy
    codytriguy Posts: 12 Member
    Hey ya'll! I'm looking for a group to get motivation and accountability. 40+ seems pretty awesome to me. I'm in!

I used to be a 175 pound triathlete who had lost 110 pounds with that sport. I got ran over by a vehicle in 2011 and suffered a TBI. I promised my wife and kids I wouldn't bike anymore. Since then I've gained 140 pounds. I've gotten into olympic style weightlifting. I'm having so much fun with the sport, but need to get into a lower weight class to be competitive. So here I am. On Sunday I weighed 310. I'm shooting to get to 230 by Dec 31st. That's 1.34 pounds a week. It's doable!
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,897 Member
    Lookee what I got, today! :) Squeeeeeee!! :)

hlo075jfj02z.jpeg
  • nadler64
    nadler64 Posts: 124 Member
    Can I play too?

Age 51, married, mother of 2, professional engineer, business owner, beginner triathlete. (Did a virtual Ironman Challenge in November, now doing another one in January, first indoor tri coming up this Saturday. I'm hooked.) Chronic lung disease (don't ask, it's rare and genetic, you've never heard of it) but screw that! :p

5'6"
    HW 170
    CW 145
    GR 135-140
  • codytriguy
    codytriguy Posts: 12 Member
    nadler64 wrote: »
    Can I play too?

Age 51, married, mother of 2, professional engineer, business owner, beginner triathlete. (Did a virtual Ironman Challenge in November, now doing another one in January, first indoor tri coming up this Saturday. I'm hooked.) Chronic lung disease (don't ask, it's rare and genetic, you've never heard of it) but screw that! :p

5'6"
    HW 170
    CW 145
    GR 135-140

Heck ya nadler! Good luck!