PB2 powdered peanut butter

daniwilford
daniwilford Posts: 1,030 Member
edited January 2016 in Food and Nutrition
I finally bought some PB2 today! It is one of the best low-calorie substitutes I have ever tasted. Measured out 12 grams in a little bowl, added some water, and the smell was just like the real thing. "It tastes wonderful too", she said as she licks the bowl to get every bite. I have to try the chocolate next! I do wish it was chunky.

Replies

• Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,576 Member
    I agree. I love and still eat regular peanut butter and put off trying PB2 for quite a while. I've never tried mixing it with water but I add it all kinds of things that I used to put peanut butter in - cookies, pancakes, shakes. I also like to mix it into the milk for cereal. It's delicious and adds protein.

I was disappointed in chocolate PB2. It has very little chocolate taste. I can't tell much difference between it and regular. I still have to add a spoonful of cocoa powder if I want to taste the chocolate.
  • SuggaD
    SuggaD Posts: 1,369 Member
    It's ok. Not a great substitute for peanut butter, but good enough for some things like smoothies, imo.
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    I love this stuff: it's great in oatmeal, smoothies, and peanut sauce/dressing.
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,572 Member
    I liked to mix it into greek yogurt or cottage cheese (got the cottage cheese idea from someone on mfp and OMG was it good) but haven't bought any since my supply ran out. I used to be able to find it for $4 a jar but that place closed down so I moved onto mixing in peanut butter protein powder for now. Next might be plain peanut flour. Whatever's cheapest. :)
  • 20months
    20months Posts: 62 Member
    I love this stuff: it's great in oatmeal, smoothies, and peanut sauce/dressing.

Agreed!
  • awholenewworld
    awholenewworld Posts: 61 Member
    Love PB2. I use it in lieu of traditional peanut butter in every way. On toast, in oatmeal, in baked goods, in pancakes, making my own protein bars, in smoothies, and making killer pad Thai!
  • Asher_Ethan
    Asher_Ethan Posts: 2,430 Member
    I eat pb2 every night. It's my favorite thing in the world.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    glassyo wrote: »
    I liked to mix it into greek yogurt or cottage cheese (got the cottage cheese idea from someone on mfp and OMG was it good) but haven't bought any since my supply ran out. I used to be able to find it for $4 a jar but that place closed down so I moved onto mixing in peanut butter protein powder for now. Next might be plain peanut flour. Whatever's cheapest. :)

I saw a different brand at Wal-Mart, not tried it yet.....it's called PB Fit.
  • snowflake930
    snowflake930 Posts: 2,188 Member
    I was disappointed in chocolate PB2. It has very little chocolate taste. I can't tell much difference between it and regular. I still have to add a spoonful of cocoa powder if I want to taste the chocolate.

I agree, I don't care much for the chocolate, but I have to use it up before I can go back to the regular PB2.

I love it on a toasted, light English muffin, with sliced banana on top.

Also Jif has a powdered peanut butter now too, but I have not tried it.