Are you totally naked when you weigh yourself?

Replies

• _lyndseybrooke_
    _lyndseybrooke_ Posts: 2,561 Member
    Just wondering if anyone waits until they've done a number 2. before they step on the scales, and if so, does it make a big/little difference?

Number 2 - haven't heard that one in awhile. If I feel the need to go when I'm about to weigh in, I definitely do that first. I've never weighed myself before and after, so I can't speak to whether or not it makes a difference. I would assume it depends on how big that "number 2" was. :wink:
  • SweetestLibby
    SweetestLibby Posts: 607 Member
    Yep. I weigh myself in the morning right before I get into the shower
  • MonkeyMel21
    MonkeyMel21 Posts: 2,388 Member
    I only weigh myself at the gym on the digital scale that's out in the open....sooooo.....fully clothed and usually iphone in hand. I do, however, set my water bottle down first, lol.
  • ReeseG4350
    ReeseG4350 Posts: 146 Member
    Nope. I only weigh once every two to four weeks; right after I get finished with my morning run. And, the only thing I take off is my shoes. Well, maybe sometimes I'll shed those uber heavy socks if I want to drop two or three extra pounds ;)
  • L_Master
    L_Master Posts: 354 Member
    Nope. But I do always wear the same set of clothes to bed over winter, swapping out a flannel for a TShirt in summer. Consistency is there, but I prefer this because it more accurately gives the weight I will be riding around at when I head out the door for a ride.

Never socks when weighing though.
  • SuggaD
    SuggaD Posts: 1,369 Member
    Yes. First thing in the morning after going to the bathroom. Only way to get true weight, imo.
  • Yes. Except for at meets, then I have to wear underpants in front of the refs.
  • nordlead2005
    nordlead2005 Posts: 1,303 Member
    edited January 2016
    Just wondering if anyone waits until they've done a number 2. before they step on the scales, and if so, does it make a big/little difference?

If you weigh yourself, poop, and then weigh yourself after, your weight will be up. Always. Scientific fact.
  • MonkeyMel21
    MonkeyMel21 Posts: 2,388 Member
    L_Master wrote: »
    Nope. But I do always wear the same set of clothes to bed over winter, swapping out a flannel for a TShirt in summer. Consistency is there, but I prefer this because it more accurately gives the weight I will be riding around at when I head out the door for a ride.

cause that would be silly
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member

If you weigh yourself, poop, and then weigh yourself after, your weight will be up. Always. Scientific fact.

Really? There was a post about this on the maintenance board, where a woman usually weighed 2lbs less afterward. I'm surprised she didn't crack her toilet with that whopper :open_mouth::wink: Maybe she only went once a week or something...
  • LuckyMe2017
    LuckyMe2017 Posts: 454 Member
    ryanflebbe wrote: »
    I knew a girl who took a deep breath and held it when she weighed herself. She has a B.S. in exercise and nutrition too, haha. I thought it was very funny. Anyone do that?

Naked. And I completely exhale on occasion when I'm desperate to see the scale show -.1
    So sad!
  • LuckyMe2017
    LuckyMe2017 Posts: 454 Member

If you weigh yourself, poop, and then weigh yourself after, your weight will be up. Always. Scientific fact.[/quote]

Why is this! It erks my nerves to have to wait 20-30 minutes to weigh after #2.
  • laurie571
    laurie571 Posts: 152 Member
    Yep.
  • Protranser
    Protranser Posts: 517 Member
    MidwaysT wrote: »

Why is this! It erks my nerves to have to wait 20-30 minutes to weigh after #2.
    [/quote]

I'm guessing this is due to weight redistribution of waste material/partially digested food in the digestive tract. It's kind of like how one can increase or decrease the weight the scale reads if they change their posture while using the scale
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Completely. I even take off my jewelry.
  • Dnarules
    Dnarules Posts: 2,081 Member
    Yes, right before my shower and after I pee :).
  • PrePosthumous
    PrePosthumous Posts: 11 Member
    au naturale
  • hekla90
    hekla90 Posts: 595 Member
    edited January 2016
    A morning weight after peeing/defecating and being less on water weight due to not drinking all night is a cheater weight(to me). I personally don't count those weights as my weight though I do occasionally weigh in the am. I usually count my midday gym weight after I've eaten a meal and have drank some fluids. Doesn't matter as long as you are consistent and the trend goes down ultimately. Personally I'm more interested in what my "I'm a person and I eat and drink fluids weight" is than what I weigh dehydrated and completely void of food and fluids because that's not how I live day to day. It's a personal preference though.
  • jnewheiser
    jnewheiser Posts: 5 Member
    Naked on scale after going to bathroom in morning pre shower.
  • L_Master
    L_Master Posts: 354 Member
    L_Master wrote: »

cause that would be silly

Something like that :tongue:

And that I like it taking the BF% reading, even if it's not worth all that much, and that doesn't work quite so good with socks on!