Do you get hit on?

Replies

• lawandfitness
    lawandfitness Posts: 1,257 Member
    I honestly noticed it more when I was 400+ pounds, people would say "you're really handsome, you should lose some weight...". So I did and now I wonder if people are intimidated...

Nothing pissed me off more then that comment .... You are attractive just lose some weight... My response was go fist yourself :) im such a peach

Yeah, but at the time it actually gave me some hope. I was feeling really bad about myself and was losing my will to live. But I get what you mean.

I get what you are saying as well... I just think that people could just say I think you are attractive, just not my type - straight and simple ... no need to point out my biggest flaw in the process of giving me a backhanded compliment

I can see that now. My self-esteem was so low at the time I was use to people making comments. I even heard someone say "look at how fat he is..." as I was walking by one day. Or calling me "big guy" over and over at the gym. Anyways, all of that is over now. :)

Yah people are *kitten* and think words don't hurt... when I was heavy and working out at the gym one day, I had my ear buds in so the guy beside me thought I couldn't hear him talking to his friends... and they insulted me by calling me fat. I turned and looked at them and said... I can hear you and I know I am fat... that is why I am here... the look on their face was priceless! Calling ppl out on their *kitten* is the best
  • Marqiiz
    Marqiiz Posts: 707 Member
    I wouldn't know it if it slapped me across the face.
  • victorsparade
    victorsparade Posts: 15 Member
    Whoa this thread is unbelievable.

I know I'm late to the party, but part of the reason I wear baggy/loosely fitting clothes to work out in is because I don't want any "attention" from male gym users. And why if there is a crowd of men around the stretching floor, I scale back my yoga practice. It's not that I'm ashamed of my body; it's that I have this nagging voice in my head that "nobody wants to see that". D:

(Probably worth noting that I work out at a college gym, so maybe it's better at adult gyms!)
  • msharrington315
    msharrington315 Posts: 200 Member
    I honestly noticed it more when I was 400+ pounds, people would say "you're really handsome, you should lose some weight...". So I did and now I wonder if people are intimidated...

Nothing pissed me off more then that comment .... You are attractive just lose some weight... My response was go fist yourself :) im such a peach

Yeah, but at the time it actually gave me some hope. I was feeling really bad about myself and was losing my will to live. But I get what you mean.

I get what you are saying as well... I just think that people could just say I think you are attractive, just not my type - straight and simple ... no need to point out my biggest flaw in the process of giving me a backhanded compliment

I can see that now. My self-esteem was so low at the time I was use to people making comments. I even heard someone say "look at how fat he is..." as I was walking by one day. Or calling me "big guy" over and over at the gym. Anyways, all of that is over now. :)

Yah people are *kitten* and think words don't hurt... when I was heavy and working out at the gym one day, I had my ear buds in so the guy beside me thought I couldn't hear him talking to his friends... and they insulted me by calling me fat. I turned and looked at them and said... I can hear you and I know I am fat... that is why I am here... the look on their face was priceless! Calling ppl out on their *kitten* is the best

I wish I had the guts back then. It's unbelievable now how much my personality changed now that I don't give a *kitten* what people think about my looks. For a while I had people telling me "Don't get too skinny!"... To which I would ask them why they never told me to not get too fat. I've gotten into heated arguments with family members around that back in my early days of my weight loss. Now I just don't pay any mind to comments... Mostly because I am happy with myself for the first time in my life.

Yeah, I agree, people are *kitten*. They need to take a walk in a person's shoes before judging...
  • velocityc6
    velocityc6 Posts: 2,137 Member
    Not hit on in years, but it was fun while it lasted
  • kchuskey
    kchuskey Posts: 882 Member
    Whoa this thread is unbelievable.

I know I'm late to the party, but part of the reason I wear baggy/loosely fitting clothes to work out in is because I don't want any "attention" from male gym users. And why if there is a crowd of men around the stretching floor, I scale back my yoga practice. It's not that I'm ashamed of my body; it's that I have this nagging voice in my head that "nobody wants to see that". D:

(Probably worth noting that I work out at a college gym, so maybe it's better at adult gyms!)

I find that adult anything is usually better.. :)

• kchuskey

Congrats to you. I know that I can be a sarcastic *kitten* sometimes. Well most of the time, but to intentionally attack somebody like that, over an issue that is clearly affecting them, is cruel. At any rate.. You look great! So... Joke's on them! :)
  • 111grace
    111grace Posts: 382 Member
    Lol I have too much of a sense of humor to be anything but happy, lol most days :)

I thought the original question asked was serious and I gave it a serious consideration. I have too many male cousins all wonderful, great brothers, met too many lovely males fathers, friends, friends husbands for this to be gender bashing, lol.

Me thinks that guy hides behind his beard lol. I must have hit a nerve - cool.

My comments are towards the criminal behaviors of men and women ( the movie I watched on youtube involved the horror of woman and men abusing children, it was awful.)

• mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    I feel bad some of my friends are in here. I never hit on you lol... oops! Know you are gorgeous though.
  • kchuskey
    111grace wrote: »
    Lol I have too much of a sense of humor to be anything but happy, lol most days :)

I thought the original question asked was serious and I gave it a serious consideration. I have too many male cousins all wonderful, great brothers, met too many lovely males fathers, friends, friends husbands for this to be gender bashing, lol.

My comments are towards the criminal behaviors of men and women ( the movie I watched on youtube involved the horror of woman and men abusing children, it was awful.)

Well I can clearly see where you'd draw the line between "Being hit on" and criminal behaviors of men, and women, and the abuse of children. I apologize. :/

What the hell is happening? Is this real life!? lol
  • mikedenali
    mikedenali Posts: 181 Member
    Welp, let's lighten *kitten* up again....nope, not in years. Except this past New Years eve a friend said this woman was blatantly hitting on me. I didn't realize it so who knows. Next time I saw her she was passed out :o
  • JordanTerry516
    JordanTerry516 Posts: 97 Member
    No lol I have been asked to have a drink but I don't consider that getting hit on. My twin sister always does lol
  • MisterZ33
    MisterZ33 Posts: 567 Member
    I have to beat the ladies off me with a stick...it is causing a strain in my marriage.
  • jessicakes1988
    jessicakes1988 Posts: 56 Member
    Since my hubby put this fat ring on my finger I hardly ever get hit on anymore! but that's okay :-) It shows that there are some decent men still out there I guess for the rest of you
  • micmin2015
    micmin2015 Posts: 134 Member
    edited January 2016
    Not really
  • cassandren
    cassandren Posts: 16 Member
    Never been hit on by anyone who wasn't completely plastered in a bar (and I'm sure couldn't see what I looked like anyway).
  • lawandfitness
    kchuskey wrote: »

Congrats to you. I know that I can be a sarcastic *kitten* sometimes. Well most of the time, but to intentionally attack somebody like that, over an issue that is clearly affecting them, is cruel. At any rate.. You look great! So... Joke's on them! :)

Hey thanks!!!! Even when I was bigger I had sass... That never went away,... And I do t plan on shedding it anytime soon
  • lawandfitness
    111grace wrote: »

All I can say is .... Da fak
  • tonileigh820
    tonileigh820 Posts: 761 Member

I wish I had the guts back then. It's unbelievable now how much my personality changed now that I don't give a *kitten* what people think about my looks. For a while I had people telling me "Don't get too skinny!"... To which I would ask them why they never told me to not get too fat. I've gotten into heated arguments with family members around that back in my early days of my weight loss. Now I just don't pay any mind to comments... Mostly because I am happy with myself for the first time in my life.

Yeah, I agree, people are *kitten*. They need to take a walk in a person's shoes before judging...

well I just wanna say congrats cuz you did an awesome job! that pic of you in those pants is ahmazing!
  • jojosutton2002
    jojosutton2002 Posts: 42 Member
    anissa333 wrote: »
    I NEVER get hit on...I think I must send out an unapproachable vibe....and I AM single...
    I think you are a beautiful young lady