Calorie Counter

You are currently viewing the message boards in:

Star Wars The Force Awakens. SPOILER DISCUSSION

13»

Replies

• ninerbuffninerbuff Posts: 42,839Member, Greeter Member Posts: 42,839Member, Greeter Member
    AJ_G wrote: »
    ninerbuff wrote: »
    Based on logic, Star Wars is a concept that follows the the Skywalker lineage. Anakin caused problems by having a relationship with Padme and Obi Wan could see that. So why would Obi Wan follow that route? It makes sense that she's Luke's daughter because when she touches the lightsaber in the movie, images are of Skywalker ancestry. So
    my opinion is that she IS Luke's daughter.
    Another theory is on a game by Disney, Kylo Ren fights Rey and seemlingly calls her "cousin". Some say it's "curses".

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png

A couple more puzzle pieces:
    Both the old (Ewan McGregor) and the older (Alec Guinness) voices appear in the basement where Rey gets the lightsaber flashback scene if she was a Skywalker wouldn't Anakins voice be heard too?

Obi Wan was the one that used the Jedi mind trick in both the prequels and the original trilogy, this is one of his signature abilities. Like Obi Wan, Rey uses mind trick the Stormtropper JB007.
    Maz Kanata (Bug eyed alien), states that Luke is calling for her and that her family isn't coming back to get her (but I don't believe that Rey is just some person with Force ability, but someone who is powerful like the Skywalkers).
    In the flash back it's Darth Vader that's shown not Anakin, but of course they are the same person.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png

• Luke_I_am_your_spotterLuke_I_am_your_spotter Posts: 4,205Member Member Posts: 4,205Member Member
    pondee629 wrote: »
    Aside from Luke, Leia and Anakin, there are no other Jedi (those with whom the force is strong) who are related. Why are we looking for a relationship where there is only one in the entire universe? Wouldn't the relationship be the exception rather than the rule. Has Leia shown any inclination to the Force? If Luke disappeared some 30 years ago, could he be Rey's father? If so, someone else would have to have known his whereabouts.

Was Anakin a product of immaculate conception (he had no father)? Couldn't Rey be the product of similar origins?
    There need be no relationship with someone strong with the force between Rey and another. Few have such relations.

Yeah. She's either a Skywalker directly or she was born the same way Anakin was with chloromaridians. JJ joked about them before the movie was released.

Funny thing is in trailer #2 Lukes voice is dubbed and nothing he said ever made it to the movie. You know the part where he said "My father had it. My sister had it. I have it. Now you have that power too."

I'm pretty confident there is no big shocker here and Luke is the father.

• Luke_I_am_your_spotterLuke_I_am_your_spotter Posts: 4,205Member Member Posts: 4,205Member Member
    _John_ wrote: »
    She's Obi Wan Kenobi's granddaughter, I'm SO convinced.

Sorry, you were a day late and a dollar short :p

so sometime in the exile he goes from "I took an oath" to "I gotta get laid" ?

Yep, he was in the desert for 19 years. Star Wars has used many actors from the UK (Daisy Ridley, Alec Guinness, Ewan McGregor, John Boyega, Liam Neeson), but the only two characters to have a British accent are Rey and Obi Wan. I feel like that's not an accident.

Yes. I'm also a fan of this logic. I'm not one to dive into theories too much because I like to be surprised and taken away by a story as much as possible, but this theory has the most ground to stand on.

They dubbed in Alec Guinness's voice at the very end of the lightsaber vision.
  • MommysLittleMeatballMommysLittleMeatball Posts: 2,086Member Member Posts: 2,086Member Member
    _John_ wrote: »
    She's Obi Wan Kenobi's granddaughter, I'm SO convinced.

Sorry, you were a day late and a dollar short :p

so sometime in the exile he goes from "I took an oath" to "I gotta get laid" ?

Yep, he was in the desert for 19 years. Star Wars has used many actors from the UK (Daisy Ridley, Alec Guinness, Ewan McGregor, John Boyega, Liam Neeson), but the only two characters to have a British accent are Rey and Obi Wan. I feel like that's not an accident.

Yes. I'm also a fan of this logic. I'm not one to dive into theories too much because I like to be surprised and taken away by a story as much as possible, but this theory has the most ground to stand on.

They dubbed in Alec Guinness's voice at the very end of the lightsaber vision.

I understand that. It was pieces of "afraid". Out of all theories, I'm saying that logic I quoted has the most ground, however, a lot of stories aren't based on logic.

I think JJ wrapped everything in a pretty package and it's quite obvious, but it's still fun to speculate.

If she is Luke's daughter I feel who the mother is will be a good story. As I stated earlier, my fun tin-hat theory is Captain Phasma.
  • errollmacleanerrollmaclean Posts: 526Member Member Posts: 526Member Member
    I hope she's Lukes daughter, but I don't see how they can explain it without it being convoluted.
    edited January 2016
This discussion has been closed.