Do you get hit on?

Replies

• JuneGem6471
    JuneGem6471 Posts: 1,001 Member
    m2westwood wrote: »
    From a man's perspective, and I hope this is helpful and does not come off as insulting in any way...

Your current profile pic paints an image of a woman who thinks she is really something special - probably more special that any potential suitor thinks he is. Your facial expression appears to be of one of superiority. That is intimidating to men, and a turn off. I am sure it is not intentional, and may just be your normal expression, but the tightly pursed lips and facial expression may be off putting to men. Unfortunately, some of us have a normal expression that does not accurately convey our inner feelings - and this may be the case with you. Another example here. This is a woman who is telling me she does not want to be approached.

However, this is picture of an approachable woman. In other words - perhaps a good amount of genuine smiles will make men feel more comfortable in approaching you.

To be fair to the OP our photos are often not our expressions in a regular environment, however I get what you are saying. I think lots of us have this problem, as we are unaware of what we look like on the daily when not posing for pics. With me sometimes I think I am smiling in a pic and when I look I look mad. I don't know how to soften the features on the face I was born with.
  • KenziesFrenzies
    KenziesFrenzies Posts: 1,014 Member
    I get hit on pretty frequently, but only when I'm out with the girls/sans boyfriend.
    (Probably because the fella is a giant Dwayne Johnson-esque bald Samoan, and people don't tend to disrespect. :D )

I don't have an amazing body, but I have an approachable face (which sometimes blows; 'please, tell me more about your 19 grandchildren while we're in this grocery store line..') and smile a lot. :/
  • LiftingRiot
    LiftingRiot Posts: 6,952 Member
    111grace wrote: »
    Some people get shot for having strong worthwhile opinions. But history and the world remembers them.

Martin Luther King" Our Lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter""

Nobody remembers critics, and pompous, self serving bores. lol.

I remember you
  • beagletracks
    beagletracks Posts: 6,035 Member
    "True peace can only be achieved if we all commit to writing nonsensical 16-paragraph rants in the MFP Chit-Chat Forum." - Mahatma Gandhi
  • seventwoball
    seventwoball Posts: 3 Member
    Sometimes....but not enough.
  • brittuhnay
    brittuhnay Posts: 350 Member
    Yeah, here and there. I never know how to react lol. I'm pretty awkward.
  • synchkat
    synchkat Posts: 37,369 Member
    Apparently I was tonight but didn't realize it.
  • beagletracks
    synchkat wrote: »
    Apparently I was tonight but didn't realize it.

Yes. That was my thought when I saw your après-curling post! ;)
  • synchkat
    Haha Pep. Who knew these curlers were so friendly
  • beagletracks

Are you going to meet with the guy to practice? Maybe he's not hitting on you in a sexual way... More of a respect for your grace and athleticism way... If this is the guy you are now thinking was flirting.
  • synchkat

Are you going to meet with the guy to practice? Maybe he's not hitting on you in a sexual way... More of a respect for your grace and athleticism way... If this is the guy you are now thinking was flirting.

Hubs says he was. And another was a bit creepy I thought.
    I really want to meet up with this guy he was really good and knew his stuff. He did Kind of wait until I was away from hubs and he was away from his wife to offer this assistance though but hey I'll take any help
  • MJFSH
    MJFSH Posts: 7,252 Member
    Closest coffee shop to my work is in a mall. I walk in, and I could feel all the stares following me to the coffee shop, all the way back until I leave the mall. And I swear I'm not walking provocative or nude. It's weird!
  • Peter_Brady
    Peter_Brady Posts: 3,750 Member
    The gay dog groomer was super friendly with me last week.
  • beagletracks

Hubs says he was. And another was a bit creepy I thought.
    I really want to meet up with this guy he was really good and knew his stuff. He did Kind of wait until I was away from hubs and he was away from his wife to offer this assistance though but hey I'll take any help

I hope you can learn from him without it being awkward!
  • 111grace
    111grace Posts: 382 Member
    yep I said something interesting from way back lol :)
  • curvygirl77
    curvygirl77 Posts: 769 Member
    never
  • ThatFatAsianNerd
    ThatFatAsianNerd Posts: 1,417 Member
    not now that I'm in my 30's

Riiiiiight.
  • Runningman1978
    Runningman1978 Posts: 111 Member
    Nope