What's Your Most Recent NSV

Replies

• Blochner
    Blochner Posts: 13 Member
    My NSV for the day is that when I went to the zoo and craved their cheesy waffle fries i didnt get them.. even though I was starving because i forgot to eat breakfast!!! I went home and made a salad and had some cottage cheese!
  • Kirstie155
    Kirstie155 Posts: 1,001 Member
    Blochner wrote: »
    My NSV for the day is that when I went to the zoo and craved their cheesy waffle fries i didnt get them.. even though I was starving because i forgot to eat breakfast!!! I went home and made a salad and had some cottage cheese!

Great job resisting those cheese fries!
  • Bry_Fitness70
    Bry_Fitness70 Posts: 2,480 Member
    I was swimming at the rec center before work the other morning, around 5am, and a couple of the retired guys mentioned that I look "skinny", lol
  • k80flec
    k80flec Posts: 1,623 Member
    I tried on UK size 10, it fitted, I bought it :o:o I'm in shock!
  • 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    I started resistance work on my wrist yesterday and my hand is not as stiff this morning as yesterday
  • TariaGetsFit
    TariaGetsFit Posts: 8 Member
    Last night, my bath towel wrapped around my body completely! It usually gapes at the hips, but I had at leas an inch of overlap :)
  • ShaneLynch1972
    ShaneLynch1972 Posts: 134 Member
    Just hit 700 miles walked and logged with Map My Fitness. :)
  • dygitalpunk
    dygitalpunk Posts: 36 Member
    edited January 2016
    Not sure what NSV stands for, but I think this fits...but in class the other day I was able to do 15 push ups on my toes with knee tucks and walkouts! I made it through 3 rounds of those along w/ my other various exercises for that round! Yay me!

NSV = Non-Scale Vicory :)

And mine is kind of funny... to me anyway.
    I had to go chrstmas shopping a few days before the 25th and my Husband asked me to pick out some clothes for myself and he would buy them. So off I went alone and bought some size 16 curvy style slacks and I sware they fit fine in the store.

I finally got around to wearing them to work this week and Tuesday night we went to the mall and I said I'd like to see if the store I bought the pants from was having a sale. They were and I was trying on pants and tops. I chose the size 16 Curvy again put a pair on and show them off to my Hubby and the sales clerk. The both look at me and said "Umm those are too big"

Also I was able to fit more than comfortably into the Large Tops and Sweaters instead of the XXL and XL tops I had been wearing for years.

FYI: I was a size 18 going on 20 when I started my journey Sept 1st 2015
  • spzjlb
    spzjlb Posts: 599 Member
    edited January 2016
    I found a very old designer dress that I got for my 30th birthday. I am now 51. I had it cleaned and tried it on last night. It's stupidly big on me! Now wondering if I should have it altered or give it away...
  • ejdp254
    ejdp254 Posts: 342 Member
    Got to use the 4th hole on my belt, considering I never used to own any belts as they weren't big enough this is definitely a NSV
  • MilllieMoo
    MilllieMoo Posts: 88 Member
    Today my jeans were dragging on the floor so much that they nearly tripped me up. I realised it is because my fat *kitten* isn't quite so fat and my jeans are falling down! Yay me :)
  • MilllieMoo
    MilllieMoo Posts: 88 Member
    spzjlb wrote: »
    I found a very old designer dress that I got for my 30th birthday. I am now 51. I had it cleaned and tried it on last night. It's stupidly big on me! Now wondering if I should have it altered or give it away...

If you love it, have it altered. Otherwise, give it away and treat yourself to something fabulous.
  • PinkyPan1
    PinkyPan1 Posts: 3,018 Member
    Power Golfed 9.10 miles, 1 Par and my longest drive of 150 yards.
  • talismanicmagic
    talismanicmagic Posts: 36 Member
    edited January 2016
    Last year I ordered a bunch of dresses online, they were all too big so I had them tailored to fit me just right. I put one on for the first time in about 4 months and it's too big!
    Also ot have 2 notches left on my belt, there used to be four.
    I really needed to see these physical changes as the scales have not moved for a few weeks.
    Yay for NSV's!!!!
  • Eri0515
    Eri0515 Posts: 85 Member
    About 90% of my shirts are too big. Im swimming in most of them and I've gone from a 22 to a 16 in pants!
  • 47Jacqueline
    MilllieMoo wrote: »
    spzjlb wrote: »

If you love it, have it altered. Otherwise, give it away and treat yourself to something fabulous.

Get something new.
  • 47Jacqueline
    crmrv6cjied9.jpeg
  • bri170lb
    bri170lb Posts: 1,375 Member
    crmrv6cjied9.jpeg

That's funny! My daughter just showed me those same shoes this morning. She saw them and thought they were great.

The bottom half of you looks AMAZING! I'd love to see the top half too!
  • Syneea
    Syneea Posts: 451 Member
    Attended a zumbathon fundraiser today and the registration rep asked if I was one of the instructors.. Uhhh nooo, but I'll take the compliment!

My arms finally look like the are TRYING to shrink more and catch up to the rest of my smaller looking body... My stomach and waist look pretty good..Just waiting on my arms to go down another inch!

I'm on the high end of normal but not trying to drop too much more weight as I lose my shape when I approach mid BMI range.. Hoping that my weight training/food moderation finishes this part of the process off for me soon!
  • hmthomas317
    hmthomas317 Posts: 42 Member
    Turning down pizza for a salad!! Small victory for me. Because pizza is so delicious!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!