The Red Squad Fanatics

9vug9lc7vk6f.png
]
Please note that team participation is mandatory at least twice a week. If you don't feel like participating on here, eventually everyone will be less involved. Team Challenges are only successful if you work as a team and be there to support each other.
9f89d1438f6eab31c122757788f8a616.jpg

*I will be part of all the teams, so you guys will see me around often*

Team members have been announced in Team's Standing Sheet

Red Team Members are:
@1azteacher
@astimoet508
@Cathyd1000
@Cheerios0392
@FitFabJenny
@goingtobefit2016
@Happykee
@jw574
@kayleighjustine2013
@lcuconley
@MadAliceNo1
@Mrscanmore
@Msdimplesz
@NicholeS
@night_watcher
@pichu318
@SamBushkes
@sammiegetsfit
@sarahbamabelle
@SnowballsMom805

Weigh-in will be open all week, so that you weigh-in as per your weekly schedule and will be closed on Sunday Night (PST), so that I can compile results on Mondays every week.

Here is the weigh in form
All the information & resources on the challenge are available here
The information on Daily and Weekly Challenges is here
The link to daily/weekly challenges logger is here.
There is no logging for side challenges except on how you did on the challenge. Please post to your team threads about your daily challenges.

To Start off answer the following.
You should be called:
You are from (Timezone):
Your weigh in day:
Favorite exercise:
Favorite healthy food:
Struggling Areas (night snacking/lack of motivation/ junk food etc):
Do you want to be the team motivator? (Yes/No):
Goal for the week:
Goal for the challenge (35 days):
First Day Side Challenge >> Post your starting measurements:

** Team motivators can be multiple people on the team who would try to regularly interact with team members here on the group or on the wall. They should post encouraging thoughts to their team members.

*****NOTE******
Please add your team members and to enhance communication among the team members, do try and reply the previous poster on the team thread while posting your comment. So that no one feels left out.

tumblr_m0on55F3t71r9f8g8o1_500.gif

Replies

• You should be called: Kayleigh :smiley:
    You are from (Timezone): CST
    Your weigh in day: Friday!!!
    Favorite exercise: I really like anything arms, but I'm still finding my absolutely favorite.
    Favorite healthy food: <3 frozen grapes!
    Struggling Areas (night snacking/lack of motivation/ junk food etc): I tend to get hungry when I stay up later than about 9, which is pretty normal for me. But that's when I have some frozen grapes or some string cheese :)
    Do you want to be the team motivator? (Yes/No): Yes! :#:#
    Goal for the week: My goal this week is to participate in both of the challenges I am in and stay focused on my goals for health and fitness.
    Goal for the challenge (35 days): Over the next 35 days I would like to lose another 5lbs. I think this is entirely possible, but I am still really trying to see how my body reacts to things. I have lost the first 10lbs, much quicker than I ever thought possible.
    First Day Side Challenge >> Post your starting measurements: I'll have to get my measurements later as it is not the easiest to do alone, and the bf is still asleep :)

Good luck to everyone over the next 35 days. I can't wait to see how active this group is. I already forewarned my office mates at work that I would be doing jumping jacks randomly at my desk on Thursdays so they should be prepared for some strange things out of me :smiley:

If there is anything I can help anyone with, please let me know. I am still pretty new to actually being committed to weight loss, but my commitment is real for the first time, and because of that I am truly seeing results.
    <3 Kayleigh
  • pichu318
    pichu318 Posts: 172 Member
    You should be called: Pichu
    You are from (Timezone): Eastern Standard Time
    Your weigh in day: ....every day? lol. I don't have a schedule to weigh in every week. I am in a few competitions which need me to weigh in on certain days, so I honestly weigh in all the time :P
    Favorite exercise: Swimming (for funness) and running (for ability to do it anywhere)
    Favorite healthy food: Grapefruit!
    Struggling Areas (night snacking/lack of motivation/ junk food etc): I struggle in limiting myself to only SOME sweets. If I buy sweets I need to be ready to eat the whole thing in two sittings.
    Do you want to be the team motivator? (Yes/No): Nope. I will tell people they are doing well, but I don't want it to be my responsibility to do so :P
    Goal for the week: Listen to my fitbit. Ingest more soylent. Drink all water for challenge.
    Goal for the challenge (35 days): Get down to 80kg. Be able to run a full 5km run.

As of yesterday:

86kg/189.598lbs
    Waist: 80.2cm
    Chest: 96.8cm
    Hips: 113.3cm
    Thighs: 70.7cm
    Body Fat: 29.4%
  • lcuconley
    lcuconley Posts: 734 Member
    edited January 2016
    You should be called: Lisa
    You are from (Timezone):EST
    Your weigh in day: FRIDAY
    Favorite exercise: soccer
    Favorite healthy food: stir fry
    Struggling Areas (night snacking/lack of motivation/ junk food etc): beer/wine which leads to snacking
    Do you want to be the team motivator? (Yes/No): no, but I will be active !
    Goal for the week: no alcohol til friday
    Goal for the challenge (35 days): lose 7 pounds
    First Day Side Challenge >> Post your starting measurements: wow, intimate right of the bat!
    Waist 38.75
    Hips 43.25
    Thighs 25
  • 1azteacher
    1azteacher Posts: 3 Member
    I'm doing this from my cell phone. I will answer the questions when I am at work and using a computer. So much more user friendly.
  • happykee
    happykee Posts: 31 Member
    You should be called: Happykee
    You are from (Timezone):EST
    Your weigh in day: Saturday
    Favorite exercise: Walking
    Favorite healthy food: Salad
    Struggling Areas: Evening munching
    Do you want to be the team motivator?: No
    Goal for the week: no processed food
    Goal for the challenge (35 days): lose 15 pounds
  • happykee
    happykee Posts: 31 Member
    Favorite Color: RED
  • pichu318 wrote: »
    You should be called: Pichu
    You are from (Timezone): Eastern Standard Time

Nice to meet you Pichu! Looks like you are ready and willing to participate. So far seems like we have a good team going! Good luck this week!
  • Lisa and Happykee, nice to meet you both! I look forward to working as a team to keep each other on track for the next month!
  • sarahbamabelle
    sarahbamabelle Posts: 7 Member
    HI RED TEAM!!
  • SammieGetsFit
    SammieGetsFit Posts: 432 Member
    You should be called: Sam
    You are from (Timezone): US - EST
    Your weigh in day: Fridays
    Favorite exercise: Volleyball or other activities that include a workout
    Favorite healthy food: Veggie sticks with hummus
    Struggling Areas (night snacking/lack of motivation/ junk food etc): Eating out after stressful work days
    Do you want to be the team motivator? (Yes/No): No (happy to motivate, but with busy work)
    Goal for the week: Bring lunch to work 4/5 days
    Goal for the challenge (35 days): Get back into the habit of working out more regularly and lose 10 lbs
  • goingtobefit2016
    goingtobefit2016 Posts: 9 Member
    You should be called: Dawn
    You are from (Timezone): B.C. - Pacific Time Zone
    Your weigh in day: Saturday
    Favorite exercise: Walking and Hiking
    Favorite healthy food: raw veggie sticks
    Struggling Areas (night snacking/lack of motivation/ junk food etc): snacking
    Do you want to be the team motivator? (Yes/No): no but I will be super active
    Goal for the week: try to fit in more exercise
    Goal for the challenge (35 days): to get ore active and lose 8 pounds
    First Day Side Challenge >> Post your starting measurements: will post when I find a tape measure, lol
  • Mrscanmore
    Mrscanmore Posts: 859 Member
    You should be called: Karen
    You are from: Saskatchewan (central)
    Weigh in day: Saturday
    Favorite excessive: running and cross country skiing
    Favorite healthy food: sweet potato muffins - they are mostly healthy ;)
    Struggling areas: binge eating
    Team motivator?: no, but I will try to post lots
    Goal for the week: to log my food
    Goal for the challenge: to get back to healthier eating
    Side challenge: I will get this done tomorrow
  • night_watcher
    night_watcher Posts: 825 Member
    You should be called: Sam or night_watcher :smiley:
    You are from (Timezone): PST
    Your weigh in day: Tuesday
    Favorite exercise: Weight training craze has recently started.
    Favorite healthy food: Eggs & Milk
    Struggling Areas (night snacking/lack of motivation/ junk food etc):Once i get off track, its hard to get back on.
    Do you want to be the team motivator? (Yes/No): I already am :)
    Goal for the week: Follow my meal plans and kill it in gym.
    Goal for the challenge (35 days): Up my weights on arms.
    First Day Side Challenge >> Post your starting measurements: a total of 312

@KayleighJustine2013 haha, the expression on your office mates will be price less :).
    @pichu318 I wish i could run for a mere 30 sec without stopping to catch breath, but i tell you what i am getting there :)
    @lcuconley my my, look at those toned arms :heart:
    @1azteacher hi there :) welcome to the reds!!
    @happykee oh dear isn't 15 lbs for 35 days too much? :smile:
    @sarahbamabelle Hello sarah *waves hand
    @SammieGetsFit those veggie sticks sound yummy, recipe please??
    @goingtobefit2016 I love hiking, but sadly i don't get to go hiking :neutral:
    @Mrscanmore who doesn't love any food that has potato in it :smiley: recipe please???

I am so happy to be doing this the third time. I know by all means that weightloss takes time, This time i am striving to be healthy and slimmer at the same time. I'll see you guys around :)

• msdimplesz
    msdimplesz Posts: 8 Member
    edited January 2016
    You should be called: Arieyona ❤️
    You are from (Timezone): EST
    Your weigh in day: Friday
    Favorite exercise: Treadmill!!
    Favorite healthy food: chicken and okra stir fry..
    Struggling Areas (night snacking/lack of motivation/ junk food etc): found out I had BED, (Binge Eating Disorder), so now that I'm learning more about it, and how to not binge, hopefully I can achieve weight loss..
    Do you want to be the team motivator? (Yes/No): No, I'm not that great of a motivator lol
    Goal for the week: not bingeing, and sticking to my diet.
    Goal for the challenge (35 days): to lose weight and keep it off!!
    I weigh 195 lbs.. I just lost about 5 this past week.. I'm sure it's just water weight.. I will post my measurements momentarily..
  • astimoet508
    astimoet508 Posts: 22 Member
    challenges.

To Start off answer the following.
    You should be called: Tania
    You are from (Timezone): Australian Eastern Standard
    Your weigh in day:Monday
    Favorite exercise:Pilates
    Favorite healthy food:berries
    Struggling Areas (night snacking/lack of motivation/ junk food etc):junk food and laziness
    Do you want to be the team motivator? (Yes/No):no
    Goal for the week:walk every day
    Goal for the challenge (35 days):
    First Day Side Challenge >> Post your starting measurements:have no measuring tape. Get one tomorrow.
  • KayleighJustine2013
    KayleighJustine2013 Posts: 52 Member
    edited January 2016
    Good Morning everyone! Let's have a great first day. I will post my healthy breakfast in a bit. But for now....
    awesome-monday.jpeg?w=403

Let's have a great day today. I can't wait to see everyone's delicious healthy foods :p:p:p
  • lcuconley
    lcuconley Posts: 734 Member
    good morning everyone -
    did not go to my regular monday morning yoga class...trying to get my mortgage refinanced and ran into a snag. This is going to be a good thing, since I will go to the gym later and get a more intense workout in!

Hope everyone had a great weekend!

HI Tania, Arieyona, Sam, Kayleigh, Karen, Dawn, Nightwatcher Happykee and Pichu!
  • pichu318
    pichu318 Posts: 172 Member
    @night_watcher I just started running just over a month ago with the C25K app. My tongue used to swell during the 60 second runs! I honestly thought I was allergic to running when I started lol. If you can get past week one you can do the rest of it. Also I use the term run quite loosely....I hobble quickly lol.

Good morning lcuconley and Kayleigh!

I would love to post a picture of my healthy breakfast, but I don't know if anyone will drool or be in awe over me eating soylent lol
  • goingtobefit2016
    goingtobefit2016 Posts: 9 Member
    Silly question but the weekly challenges for water, steps ect. o we post our numbers everyday or at the end of the week?
  • Mrscanmore
    Mrscanmore Posts: 859 Member
    I had my regular breakfast today :smile: I love it because I can take it to work with me and have it there. I find if I eat to early then I get hungry by 9:00, so this time I can last until snack time (I'm a Kindergarten teacher and we all get a snack at 10:15 :smile: ).

So, I had a smoothie, with a banana, one cup of almond milk, 1 T almond butter a scoop of chocolate lean whey protein powder and lots of ice.
This discussion has been closed.