What's Your Most Recent NSV

Replies

• lynn_glenmont
    lynn_glenmont Posts: 9,950 Member
    Found some knee socks that had been hiding in the back of the drawer for the last year or two. Remembered I had stopped wearing them because they had "shrunk" and were uncomfortably tight. Pulled them on and they fit fine. I guess they got unshrunk sitting in the drawer :smiley:
  • emilycat214
    emilycat214 Posts: 84 Member
    I bought a new pair of jeans yesterday: US size 18 from the misses department. First time in years I've shopped for clothes outside the plus department.
  • SyllyReth
    SyllyReth Posts: 59 Member
    I did a full 30 minutes on the elliptical today. I've never been able to do that before. It was really exciting!
  • yealock1
    yealock1 Posts: 3 Member
    I only drank a fraction of the alcohol I usually do on some weekends. I have been struggling since Aug. to regulate myself as I seem to go all out and eat so much fast food as a result of drinking. I'm trying to find balance between 1 glass of wine or a couple of beers instead of a whole bottle of wine or a six pack+. I feel like I made great progress today.

Yes!! I'm currently in that boat where I'm trying to regulate my alcohol and the foods I eat when I drink. Normally, it's pizza or Taco Bell. And I just keep drinking. It's KILLING everything I've worked for! I'm right there with you, so good luck!!
  • joinn68
    joinn68 Posts: 480 Member
    Last year I avoided the camera like the plague. And didn't like what I saw when I couldn't avoid it. I am juuust above overweight now, but with 15 kgs (33 lbs) down my confidence has soared. NSV is I have been sending selfies of myself throughout the holidays, updated social media pictures with recent ones (from 5 years ago when I felt comfortable doing that).
  • fitfatty88
    fitfatty88 Posts: 273 Member
    When I moved out of the house 5 years ago, my sister gave me 2 garbage bags full of her "fat" clothes. They were always in the back of the closet as "some day I'll fit in to these" clothes. Over the course of the last year and a half of joining MFP and getting myself back together...I've picked out more and more from those bags. As of Saturday, I'm down to having just 4 things left and I'm at a point where the stuff I first grabbed from the bags I have to donate because they're too big!
  • G33K_G1RL
    G33K_G1RL Posts: 283 Member
    Found some knee socks that had been hiding in the back of the drawer for the last year or two. Remembered I had stopped wearing them because they had "shrunk" and were uncomfortably tight. Pulled them on and they fit fine. I guess they got unshrunk sitting in the drawer :smiley:

Same thing happened to a few of my pants. Magic drawers, unshrinking our clothes ;)
  • ARGriffy
    ARGriffy Posts: 1,002 Member
    <<<<<< Having the courage to change my profile picture to that.

That made me grin - ditto for me. No chance you would ever see this on my facebook, and babe you look gooooorgeous xxx

• 33Chief
    33Chief Posts: 106 Member
    I put on pants I hadn't worn since fall of 2014 two days ago.
  • SoulOfRusalka
    SoulOfRusalka Posts: 1,201 Member
    Fit in one pair of my old jeans! :D (The biggest, of course, but it's better than nothing.)
  • khmomto4
    khmomto4 Posts: 2 Member
    Yesterday was 1 week with no soda! I was a diet soda addict for many years and in June of 2015, I gave those up. When I did, I said to myself, "I'll drink 1 regular soda a day instead." Of course I soon became addicted to the massive amount of sugar in sodas and ended up drinking 2-3 a day. So I cut them out as of last Monday. I bought some seltzer water to help me out and they did for the first few days but I'm not crazy about the taste, so now it's just 100% water and I'm not even craving soda anymore! I never thought that'd be possible & I'm so happy that I have.
  • sueann10
    sueann10 Posts: 74 Member
    Congrats everyone these are inspiring NSVs!
    Over Christmas my husband and I went hiking and for the first time I was ahead of him, didn't stop once to catch my breath and felt amazing. Last time we went hiking, last summer, I was behind, struggling to keep going and moaned all the way up. What a difference 5 months make! Hiking again in May and can't wait :) Exercising everyday has truly transformed my life.
  • Kirstie155
    Kirstie155 Posts: 1,001 Member
    khmomto4 wrote: »
    Yesterday was 1 week with no soda! I was a diet soda addict for many years and in June of 2015, I gave those up. When I did, I said to myself, "I'll drink 1 regular soda a day instead." Of course I soon became addicted to the massive amount of sugar in sodas and ended up drinking 2-3 a day. So I cut them out as of last Monday. I bought some seltzer water to help me out and they did for the first few days but I'm not crazy about the taste, so now it's just 100% water and I'm not even craving soda anymore! I never thought that'd be possible & I'm so happy that I have.

That is WONDERFUL! Ive never been a soda addict myself, but I know how very difficult it is for those people who are to go soda free. Kudos to you, keep it up! :)
  • saylorkw
    saylorkw Posts: 69 Member
    tichondria wrote: »
    I have gone one full week without soda.. Hey it may be small but that is HUGE for me

That is awesome.. be proud. Soda can be so addictive... diet or regular!

I was addicted to MT. DEW not totally "dew" free yet. I still have an occasional sip. It's been over a year since I drank a whole bottle or can at one time.
  • ksalcido8
    ksalcido8 Posts: 21 Member
    I've always had a hate-hate relationship with cardio but now I feel that way about rest days. And today I kept under a 7 minute mile for my whole workout!! I made it 7 miles today in 49 minutes where, when I started, I was only making it 6 miles!
  • BruceHedtke
    BruceHedtke Posts: 358 Member
    khmomto4 wrote: »

That's awesome! Good job and keep it up. I used to drink 2-3 cans of soda while at work, every night. Now, I drink 2-3 cans per year. It's a great feeling to get that monkey off your back.
  • patesq
    patesq Posts: 111 Member
    patesq wrote: »
    One of my goals has been to get back into jeans - I haven't worn them in at least 25 years. My daughter and I went to Old Navy today and I decided to give it a try now that I've lost 67 lbs. I pulled a 16 and an 18 off the shelf and headed to the changing room, hoping that one of them would fit. I pulled on the 18 and it was WAY TOO BIG! I tried the 16 and it was close enough that I walked out of the dressing room to get daughter's approval. The employee running the changing room said, no, those are too big. You need to go back and get a 14. A 14, on me. I couldn't believe it when they fit. I am so excited. I think the Old Navy employee got a kick out of it. My 16 year old daughter wasn't sure what to think - she's never seen me in jeans. I've got a ways to go so only 1 pair for now but it's a big step forward for me.

Here's an NSV update: Those jeans from December 14th are now big enough that I will put them in the dryer for the next wash. And, the 12s that I ordered as inspiration jeans that night now fit and are far from snug. It won't be long before 10s are the norm around here. I love wearing jeans again.
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,707 Member
    Stopped snoring since I have lost so much weight!

Evidently I've done this too ... although it was just rumour and conjecture that I snored in the first place. :grin:

• Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,707 Member

Some of my clothes have done that too. Funny that.

Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!