The Red Squad Fanatics

Replies

• goingtobefit2016
    goingtobefit2016 Posts: 9 Member
    my breakfast wasn't very exciting 1 poached egg and 1/2 a pink lady apple with greek yogurt
  • jw574
    jw574 Posts: 29 Member
    You should be called: Jen
    You are from (Timezone): Pacific
    Your weigh in day: Sunday
    Favorite exercise: Walking
    Favorite healthy food: mushrooms/ broccoli
    Struggling Areas (night snacking/lack of motivation/ junk food etc): Staying on track and motivating myself to work out:)
    Do you want to be the team motivator? (Yes/No): No
    Goal for the week: Eat my fruits and vegetables and drink my water
    Goal for the challenge (35 days): Stay on track and lose 3-4 pounds
    First Day Side Challenge >> Post your starting measurements: Total inches 179
  • jw574
    jw574 Posts: 29 Member
    My healthy breakfast for today was two slices of Ezekiel toast and a banana. Hope everyone is having a great day :)
  • lcuconley
    lcuconley Posts: 734 Member
    hi everyone - just finished dinner. I made enchilada "lasagna". I layer the corn tortillas, rather than try to stuff and roll them. I put the recipe into mfp and it was easy peasy! good to know that even with all of the cheese, my pieces was a reasonable 395 cals!

my workout has gotten torpedoed twice today by issues that have come up for refinancing my mortage...hopefully I will head to the gym for a lifting session within the hour...

dawn - I am not sure about the challenges. I will have to check out the form myself.

pichu - soylent does NOT sound appetizing to me...what is it exactly? I assume its not made from humans like the movie!

Arieyona - what kind of treadmill workouts do you do? distance? sprints?

nightwatcher - those are my arms from a few years back. I am keeping it as an avatar as motivation!!

hope you all had a good day!!

• pichu318
    pichu318 Posts: 172 Member
    @lcuconley it is essentially a meal substitute. It is a man made invention from someone who decided they didn't want to eat anymore lol. It's kinda bland...reminds me of pancake batter (which I enjoy....(don't judge lol)). I'll take a picture of it tomorrow morning. I mix it with chocolate protein powder to make it a little sweeter. It's a nice way to know that I am at least getting a portion of all the nutrients my body needs in the morning, but I could not imagine having a soylent only diet.
  • Mrscanmore
    Mrscanmore Posts: 917 Member
    I'm still not sure I understand the macro part of the challenge . . . I do track my macros, and my goal is to have 20% protein, so if I achieve that or higher, do I put in 100%?
  • night_watcher
    night_watcher Posts: 825 Member
    Hey team, it seems like all of you guys are sleeping when i am up :P this time difference is a strange strange thing, so for monday i had omlete wrapped brown bread for breakfast with milk. I forgot to take pic, oh well. Today is my gym day, i'll be walking to my gym instead of taking metro to fill up that 1 km walk.

@goingtobefit2016 are you kidding me? it's a very healthy breakfast :) so high five for that. You can either post daily or weekly. No issues

Team, youve done awesome first day, so 1 day down, 34 days to go! Let's rock n roll
  • night_watcher
    Mrscanmore wrote: »
    I'm still not sure I understand the macro part of the challenge . . . I do track my macros, and my goal is to have 20% protein, so if I achieve that or higher, do I put in 100%?

Yes exactly :)
  • lcuconley
    nightwatcher...well, your name IS nightwatcher. Where do you live again? what is your workout today?

pichu - i like food WAY too much to drink bland pancake batter for breakfast...but I am NOT judging your choice!! ;-)

I had an hour-long snow shoveling workout this am. I earned my bacon and egg breakfast!! Gonna do yoga later on to help me recover from that as well as my lifting session last night.
  • night_watcher
    lcuconley wrote: »
    nightwatcher...well, your name IS nightwatcher. Where do you live again? what is your workout today?

pichu - i like food WAY too much to drink bland pancake batter for breakfast...but I am NOT judging your choice!! ;-)

I had an hour-long snow shoveling workout this am. I earned my bacon and egg breakfast!! Gonna do yoga later on to help me recover from that as well as my lifting session last night.

Nope my name is sam:)

I am from pakistan. And i had a legs day today. I recently got myself a trainer. It's just been 2 days. And i am loving the motivation. She keeps me motivated and pushes me to do a lil more than before. Today for the first time I did weighted squats. These little achievements make me very happy and keep me going.
  • cathyd1000
    cathyd1000 Posts: 60 Member
    Hello Red Team. This is my second time with this challenge. I really enjoyed it the last time. I lost four lbs, but gained two of those back over the Holidays.

You should be called: Cathy
    You are from (Timezone): Eastern
    Your weigh in day: Monday
    Favorite exercise: Bow Flex Max Trainer, walking my dogs, bike riding
    Favorite healthy food: Green smoothies
    Struggling Areas (night snacking/lack of motivation/ junk food etc): Night snacking, emotional and stress eating
    Goal for the week: Lose a pound per week
    Goal for the challenge (35 days): to lose 5 lbs
    First Day Side Challenge >> Post your starting measurements: I will try to get to this later.
  • Mrscanmore
    I went for a long run this morning. We are doing a 10k in a month, but slacked off over the Christmas holiday. We went for 43 minutes this morning. It was really cold, -29 with the windchill!

I drove to work today because I thought it was too cold for my kids to walk, but I am going to walk home and back at lunch, and that will be my extra km today :smile:
  • FitFabJenny
    FitFabJenny Posts: 26 Member
    Hey Red Team! A little late to this but excited to bring it home for our team on this challenge.

You should be called: Jenny
    You are from (Timezone): EST
    Your weigh in day: Friday! (Looks like there are a few of us)
    Favorite exercise: Hiking, walks with pup, vinyasa yoga
    Favorite healthy food: a really delectable salad with homemade dressing
    Struggling Areas (night snacking/lack of motivation/ junk food etc): my penchant for craft beer and late-night nacho sessions
    Goal for the week: Log every bite of food.
    Goal for the challenge (35 days): Log consistently, see the scale go down each week, and log 100+ miles on MapMyRun
    First Day Side Challenge >> Post your starting measurements: DONE
  • happykee
    happykee Posts: 31 Member
    Anyone have ideas for drinking more water? I'm trying to limit processed foods and sodium, so I am not very thirsty.
  • lcuconley
    edited January 2016
    happykee wrote: »
    Anyone have ideas for drinking more water? I'm trying to limit processed foods and sodium, so I am not very thirsty.

find something that you really like to drink...it does not have to be water. I really like sparkling water. I also make coffee and herbal iced tea. Those are all no calorie options.

Hi Jenny. Hi Cathy.

Karen - great run. Way to get out there on a very cold day!!!

Nightwatcher/Sam - sorry, I had already decided to call you nightwatcher, since there is another Sam in the group. Should we do sam1 and sam2? I had a personal trainer a few years ago and LOVED it.
  • MadAliceNo1
    MadAliceNo1 Posts: 16 Member
    edited January 2016
    You should be called: Alice
    You are from (Timezone): Ireland
    Your weigh in day: 17th of January
    Favorite exercise: Jogging and Rope skipping.
    Favorite healthy food: Fruit! (and potatoes XD)
    Struggling Areas (night snacking/lack of motivation/ junk food etc): Night snacking
    Do you want to be the team motivator? (Yes/No): Ya why not!
    Goal for the week: Help the team as much as possible and stay in to participate as much possible! Try my best!
    Goal for the challenge (35 days): Hmm I Don't really have one heh
    First Day Side Challenge >> Post your starting measurements:Don't have measurement thing with me will do it when I find it~
  • Mrscanmore
    happykee wrote: »

I got a water bottle called a citruszinger. There is a spot at the bottom to juice a lemon/orange. It's really nice! I got one for my daughter too, and now she finishes her water bottle at school.
    268bmtrbbaum.jpeg

• Mrscanmore
    My big sacrifice today in giving up added sugar was to not take a muffin for my snack. They are healthy muffins, but still have sugar in them, so instead I brought an extra piece of fruit.

Someone was asking for the recipe. Here is the link. I make a few modifications . . . I only use 1.5 cups of sugar, I reduce oil to .25 C and add in two mashed bananas, I only use 9 or 10 oz of chocolate chips, I use 2 C whole wheat flour and 1 white, I add a lot of extra sweet potato. These muffins are really good! They stay nice and moist on the counter. I usually put them in a container after the first few days, but they stay nice for the whole week. They also freeze well. The recipe makes about 36 muffins.

http://www.food.com/recipe/pumpkin-or-sweet-potato-chocolate-chip-muffins-420769
  • MadAliceNo1
    MadAliceNo1 Posts: 16 Member
    You should be called: Alice
    You are from (Timezone): Ireland
    Your weigh in day: 17th of January
    Favorite exercise: Jogging and Rope skipping.
    Favorite healthy food: Fruit! (and potatoes XD)
    Struggling Areas (night snacking/lack of motivation/ junk food etc): Night snacking
    Do you want to be the team motivator? (Yes/No): Ya why not!
    Goal for the week: Help the team as much as possible and stay in to participate as much possible! Try my best!
    Goal for the challenge (35 days): Hmm I Don't really have one heh
    First Day Side Challenge >> Post your starting measurements:Don't have measurement thing with me will do it when I find it~

My measurement in total is : 293.5
    Body Fat: 14.2
  • happykee
    happykee Posts: 31 Member
    Thank you and I did not realize coffee can be counted as water.
This discussion has been closed.