60lbs to lose by August 20th 2016

Replies

• Jetamu96
    Jetamu96 Posts: 963 Member
    krbkrat wrote: »
    Ok - here is my brutal honesty to wrap up this lil Monday...

So I just asked my hubs how much he weighs right now...175. I am 190. I officially weigh more than my husband today (...obviously it's been for a while - duh - I've just been afraid to ask...). Scary to me. Don't like this. Don't feel dainty or sexy. Feel heavy. Very heavy.

I'm a lot heavier than my boyfriend, but not for long! ^^
  • krbkrat
    krbkrat Posts: 85 Member
    Yeah jetamu96. Thanks. :)
  • bsbprincess
    bsbprincess Posts: 161 Member

So I just asked my hubs how much he weighs right now...175. I am 190. I officially weigh more than my husband today (...obviously it's been for a while - duh - I've just been afraid to ask...). Scary to me. Don't like this. Don't feel dainty or sexy. Feel heavy. Very heavy.

Girl, I know what you mean. Recently me and my fiance were the same weight. He's gained a bit, but I've gained more. I freaked out. No matter how sweet they are to us, it bothers us girls. We want to feel dainty and feminine and sexy... we want to be light enough for them to pick us up.

I feel very heavy too. I'm also 5'9" so when you add being really overweight.. it just makes me feel like a linebacker...

BUT! We can do this!! I've read success stories about women here crying when their hubby picked them up for the first time ever.. We can ALL have that!! And WILL!!! And I'm happy to have any of you message me or friend me or post here so I can cheer you all on as we go. Plus, sometimes I'll need it in return :P

We got this.
  • krbkrat
    Thanks bsbprincess. I don't mean to sound like a brat - it just kinda slapped me in the face. He doesn't EVER make me feel bad (even though I was 60lb less when we met...12 years ago...) and is always loving, but it doesn't help the mental state, ya know?

I'm looking forward to getting to know y'all and losing weight together!!!!!!
  • bsbprincess
    Oh no! You didn't sound like a brat at all!! I totally get where you're coming from :) I just wanted to be a bit of a cheerleader... I've been down and frustrated today, so it felt good to be all positive for others :D

Yeah, totally. Guys are actually really sweet sometimes :P Mine's the same way.. but man no matter how much he calls me sexy I wanna cringe and go "NO I'M NOT I'M FLABBY GABBY!!" LOL
  • Jetamu96
    Jetamu96 Posts: 963 Member
    My guy is really sweet. He's actually picked me up before (though I hated every second and I know he wasn't having an easy time). I want to have that movie moment where I run and jump into his arms <3
  • krbkrat
    Totally. You were a great cheerleader - I like how we all seem to be on the same page on this thread.
  • nadiabooboo
    nadiabooboo Posts: 8 Member
    I gained most of my 26 pounds back 14pounds since middle of November. So tracking my food again but I need the support - so would like to join this group!
  • bsbprincess
    Jetamu, lucky girl! :P I've never been picked up by a guy before! I hope that when I lose what I want to lose he may be able to.

krbkrat, good! I'm glad :) I agree, this is a great thread! I noticed you were talking about C25K before. I really liked that app, but I just adore zombies, run! If any of you haven't tried it, I can't recommend it enough. There's two... Zombies, Run is apparently for people who already know how to run without injuries, or can sustain it longer. But the Zombies Run 5k app is just like C25K, but with a really fun narrative, zombie apocalypse story along the way. I was never a runner, but this app makes me want to! I am a fan of horror movies and gaming, so this feels like a blast to me.

I even signed up for their virtual race in late March!! I'm gonna get a runner 5 shirt and a medal :P So excited for my first virtual race ever! And it's all due to this fantastic app.
  • aprilwebber
    aprilwebber Posts: 18 Member

Girl, I know what you mean. Recently me and my fiance were the same weight. He's gained a bit, but I've gained more. I freaked out. No matter how sweet they are to us, it bothers us girls. We want to feel dainty and feminine and sexy... we want to be light enough for them to pick us up.

I feel very heavy too. I'm also 5'9" so when you add being really overweight.. it just makes me feel like a linebacker...

BUT! We can do this!! I've read success stories about women here crying when their hubby picked them up for the first time ever.. We can ALL have that!! And WILL!!! And I'm happy to have any of you message me or friend me or post here so I can cheer you all on as we go. Plus, sometimes I'll need it in return :P

We got this.

I can totally relate to this lol, I'm 6ft tall and over 200lbs... I literally refer to myself as a baby oak tree. My man is the same height as me and he's so supportive and great but when we met I was smaller than him... Now I'm definitely bigger. I wanna feel dainty!

Everyone in this group is so awesome :) I'm very excited about this!
  • wolfect
    wolfect Posts: 61 Member
    I'd love to be a part of this - - please feel free to add me. I've got 30 - 35 pounds to lose. I have been wandering around MFP for two years now and I need this inspiration/motivation to make it happen.
  • krbkrat
    O.M.G. bsbprincess...I'm sending you a message. You had me at Zombies.

April - Sweet pea, I am 5'7" and 190. We all come in different shapes and sizes, frames and brains, attitudes and perspectives. You got this. YOU WERE THE ONE WHO STARTED ALL OF THIS. Look at the positivity (??is this a word??) love, encouragement, and empathy you have fostered in one candid post from around the globe. Who knows what part of what you said triggered each of us REALLY COOL PEOPLE to respond, but here we are. And I am already thankful after less than a day. I have never really posted on MFP in the many years I've been on and off of it...but the vibe is different here. Y'all got MOXIE. thank you!

Bed time for me on the East Coast of the States. I'm OLD. Hahahaha. But seriously. I am. xoxoxox - K
  • Dezi1992
    Dezi1992 Posts: 61 Member
    I need to lose 84lbs before next year and it is hard with 2 3yr old twins and a 1 yr old....so getting them workouts in r not easy.....also I just started 4 days ago and I'm doing farely well with portion control...I to used to snack alot on junk food etc...I need support as well as I'll give support so add me and lets get our workout healthy eating on together..... We can do this
  • akdz12
    akdz12 Posts: 4 Member
    I'm getting married later this year as well and I'm in the same situation! I want to feel healthy and wonderful and back to the "real me" for my wedding. But I'm scared I can't do it. Love that I can find some like-minded support!
  • aprilwebber
    akdz12 wrote: »
    I'm getting married later this year as well and I'm in the same situation! I want to feel healthy and wonderful and back to the "real me" for my wedding. But I'm scared I can't do it. Love that I can find some like-minded support!

We can do this!! I feel the same way too. I'm terrified I won't be able to do this, but if we eat healthy, exercise, follow our plans and support each other- we got this!
  • BabyLovesToRun
    BabyLovesToRun Posts: 120 Member
    I have 45 left to shed, but not for a wedding. We already did that years ago ;) I'm at my halfway point, so if anyone wants a motivator, add me! Ya'll will rock this!
  • mzvalentin
    mzvalentin Posts: 1 Member
    How do I join? I had bariatric surgery in 2004, and have gained about 50lbs - no excuses, I just LOVE food. However, I know it's a lot of old bad behaviors that crept back in. SO!!!!! I'm with you, Bride to Be! Let's do this!

I need some encouragement and I am happy to share what worked and what didn't work for me.

Stay strong!
  • Hi all!

I've always been a big girl and my weight has always fluctuated. Unfortunately in the last 4 years... Since meeting my wonderful fiance, I've let it go. I got comfy and fat. But I'm no longer comfortable with my size, or who I see in the mirror. I'm wonderfully supported by my man who loves me at any size (thank god) but I'm ready to make a serious change. August 20th 2016 is my wedding day, and I am making it my goal to lose 60lbs by that date.

I'd love to make some friends and some accountabili-buddies along the way because I know I can't do it alone! Thanks all :)

• Hi all!

I've always been a big girl and my weight has always fluctuated. Unfortunately in the last 4 years... Since meeting my wonderful fiance, I've let it go. I got comfy and fat. But I'm no longer comfortable with my size, or who I see in the mirror. I'm wonderfully supported by my man who loves me at any size (thank god) but I'm ready to make a serious change. August 20th 2016 is my wedding day, and I am making it my goal to lose 60lbs by that date.

I'd love to make some friends and some accountabili-buddies along the way because I know I can't do it alone! Thanks all :)

[/quote]

• aprilwebber
    mzvalentin wrote: »
    How do I join? I had bariatric surgery in 2004, and have gained about 50lbs - no excuses, I just LOVE food. However, I know it's a lot of old bad behaviors that crept back in. SO!!!!! I'm with you, Bride to Be! Let's do this!

I need some encouragement and I am happy to share what worked and what didn't work for me.

Stay strong!

I love food too!! I'm trying to learn to break my bad habits. I appreciate the encouragement! Let's rock this!