Small steps to big success! What did you achieve today?

Options
What little thing did you do today that will help you reach your goal? Brag time!

Replies

• saralthrash
    saralthrash Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Today I wanted to get my favorite burger from Whataburger, double meat double cheese. I thought of bunch of excuses of why I should just hit the drive thru rather than make something at home. It's late... I won't get the fries... Everyone else has already eaten... But I didn't stop. I drove myself home and made a dinner that was within my calorie allowance. It doesn't seem like much but that was a big step towards changing my habits. I always used to choose convenience over nutrition. Kind of proud of myself tonight!
  • chey282
    chey282 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Made it to the gym after doing water aerobics!! Did a decent workout finishing what I didn't have time for yesterday!
  • saralthrash
    Options
    chey282 wrote: »
    Made it to the gym after doing water aerobics!! Did a decent workout finishing what I didn't have time for yesterday!
    Awesome!
  • shinycrazy
    shinycrazy Posts: 1,081 Member
    Options
    My hubs is finally joining MFP. He is very anti social media and won't even share his diary with me! Lol. I'm just glad he is doing it!
  • saralthrash
    Options
    Shinycrazy that's great! Maybe you'll get some good support and team work out of it!
  • saralthrash
    Options
    My daughter had a fever last night and I was up all night! I did not want to go to the gym. I went!
  • faberallison
    faberallison Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I did not want to exercise today. I did. It sucked.
  • ElizabethOakes2
    ElizabethOakes2 Posts: 1,038 Member
    Options
    Ate my oatmeal for breakfast. I really really really wanted scrambled eggs and bacon. Really really.
  • 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    Options
    Going to aquatic pt this afternoon. Current goal is to regain fitness level lost due to bike injury September 2015, which resulted in a fractured hand and hip.
  • CindyWitter
    CindyWitter Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Today I wanted to get my favorite burger from Whataburger, double meat double cheese. I thought of bunch of excuses of why I should just hit the drive thru rather than make something at home. It's late... I won't get the fries... Everyone else has already eaten... But I didn't stop. I drove myself home and made a dinner that was within my calorie allowance. It doesn't seem like much but that was a big step towards changing my habits. I always used to choose convenience over nutrition. Kind of proud of myself tonight!

Good for you!! Small steps!
  • saralthrash
    Options
    I did not want to exercise today. I did. It sucked.

Awesome!
  • nrsolom
    nrsolom Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Last night, I was so hungry and there were the ores sitting in the cabinet, I grabbed it out and thought to my self I am working hard I can have a couple. I put them back in the cabinet grabbed a halo and called it good, plus the halo was really good.
  • Jetamu96
    Jetamu96 Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    Made myself drink my disgusting digestion-aid tea and went out for a long walk ^^
  • antonioramir3z
    antonioramir3z Posts: 29 Member
    Options

That sounds hella good. Whataburger needs to come to California.

But aside from that I totally resulted some cupcakes that were super decorated and left in our break room

• saralthrash
    Options

But aside from that I totally resulted some cupcakes that were super decorated and left in our break room

Oh man break room cakes! Every damn week. The struggle is real! :#

Good for you!!!
  • saralthrash
    Options
    Jetamu96 wrote: »
    Made myself drink my disgusting digestion-aid tea and went out for a long walk ^^

Hell yeah! Every effort adds up!
  • Lose40At40
    Lose40At40 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Ate a greek yogurt even though the cold weather makes me want grill cheese...
  • Josh_lol
    Josh_lol Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    Ran a 10k in under an hour :) I'm happy about it because it was my new years resolution.
  • RedLipsRedDress
    RedLipsRedDress Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Everyone is doing great! Let me see what I have done so far today. My daughter woke me up too early and I felt tired when I got up but I found some strength in myself and did an exercise video. It was quite easy so I did one more! While doing something like push-ups I saw the floor was not very clean so I cleaned our home even though I didn't want to. Ate a small portion of oatmeal. Went shopping for groceries and declined my husband's offer for a drive, carried the bags home. Spent my money on healthy food only. Took the stairs.
    Last couple of evenings I really wanted some chocolate and I managed to restrict myself to 1 piece (12 grams). This is something I could have never done before.
    Taking it one day at a time is hard but the results come sooner or later!
  • GemimaFitzTed
    GemimaFitzTed Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    Absolutely smashed it at boxing tonight. I gave it my all. So proud of me :)