Ate all my calories and more before 10Am!

What's wrong with me? I guess I don't want this bad enough because I can't get back into the mindset. I know what I need to do but I'm just not able to apply it.
I literally ate like 2100 calories between 6AM & 930AM.

Replies

• srv524
    srv524 Posts: 1,363 Member
    What did you eat?
  • juggernaut1974
    juggernaut1974 Posts: 6,212 Member
    MizzMaamI1 wrote: »
    What's wrong with me? I guess I don't want this bad enough because I can't get back into the mindset. I know what I need to do but I'm just not able to apply it.
    I literally ate like 2100 calories between 6AM & 930AM.

Eat a light lunch and dinner, get a little extra exercise in today, and move on to tomorrow.

You can't undo the past. Just make better choices in the future.
  • pondee629
    pondee629 Posts: 2,469 Member
    "I literally ate like 2100 calories between 6AM & 930AM." I don't think I could do that unintentionally. Log in this and the rest of the day. Go forward being a tad more careful. Mark it up to experience. You may have to re-evaluate your wants and goals. Good luck with the rest of your day and tomorrow.
  • absoluttalent
    absoluttalent Posts: 40 Member
    3 and a half hours for the equivalent of 3 beers and a big Mac meal, totally possible.

Just try again tomorrow and be more mindful of your choices
  • pineapple1989
    pineapple1989 Posts: 195 Member
    Well you obviously felt bad enough about it to start this thread, so try and have something light for the rest of the day, move on and and smash it tomorrow! It happens to everybody sometimes, it just doesn't want to be a habit! :smile:
  • strong_curves
    strong_curves Posts: 2,229 Member
    I'm curious, what did you eat?

You can always try again tomorrow.
  • BoaRestrictor
    BoaRestrictor Posts: 194 Member
    Try to eat a little lighter the rest of the day, tomorrow maybe write out all the food you can eat and then designate a time to eat it like cup of cereal: 6am, banana: 8am ect? That way you can space out your eating and it will slow you down.
  • Duchy82
    Duchy82 Posts: 560 Member
    Try and log before you eat or prelog that way you may be able to avoid it in the future. In the meantime acknowledge it, eat sensibly for the rest of the day like others have said and try again tomorrow
  • SolotoCEO
    SolotoCEO Posts: 293 Member
    You are 100% responsible for your choices. Your choices = your outcome. I agree that you probably don't want this bad enough. Now, eat healthy the rest of the day, get your head wrapped around your goals, and get back on track tomorrow. You can accomplish any thing you want!
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,262 Member
    That's what, 4 donuts and some bacon? 3 donuts, a mocha, and some bacon? Yep, I can see that happening.

The thing is, all is not lost. You know you did it and now you can plan better for the future. If it's hard for you to get a lower cal breakfast together in the morning, maybe making part of it ahead the night before would work better (overnight oats, boiled eggs, cutting up fruit/veggies to eat with yogurt or cottage cheese, etc.) Don't beat yourself up about it, just make it a learning experience.
  • MelkaBielka
    MelkaBielka Posts: 36 Member
    There's absolutely nothing wrong with you sweet girl. We have all been there many, many times (at least I have). It's easy to overeat and not think about it until after the fact, that's just human. You are being so hard on yourself without realizing that you are aware and have acknowledged that you overate and feel terrible about it. That's a step that many in this world do not take, so you are already ahead of them. Chalk it up to a bad day, but don't let it stop you from trying again tomorrow. Someone once told me it's like mountain climbing. You climb along happily, placing markers behind you, and then one day you slip. But you don't backslide all the way down the mountain, just to the last marker. Ground yourself, learn from this event, and plan the next few markers ahead of you. Look forward, push forward
  • vivmom2014
    vivmom2014 Posts: 1,647 Member
    3 and a half hours for the equivalent of 3 beers and a big Mac meal, totally possible.

Between 6 a.m. & 9 a.m.? LOL.

• uconnwinsnc1
    uconnwinsnc1 Posts: 902 Member
    pondee629 wrote: »
    "I literally ate like 2100 calories between 6AM & 930AM." I don't think I could do that unintentionally. Log in this and the rest of the day. Go forward being a tad more careful. Mark it up to experience. You may have to re-evaluate your wants and goals. Good luck with the rest of your day and tomorrow.

Well when I was in undergrad I was having easily 2000-3000+ calories a meal. It is quite possible to load up on calories very quickly.
  • MizzMaamI1
    MizzMaamI1 Posts: 73 Member
    I had two coffees. 2 eggs cooked with butter , three hash browns cooked in oven. A cinnamon bum topped with cream cheese icing. Whole package of tofu Pam fried with butter and garlic powder. Bam calories done.

I try to pre log my diary but I almost always go off track. 7 months ago I was doing great I lost almost 80 lbs and I felt on top of the world. Unstoppable. Slowly I ate more, treated myself more aND lost all motivation. In the back of my mind I knew I was setting myself up for failure but it wasn't as strong as my urge to eat.

I can't seem to get over this emotional clutch that I have on food. This is turning into a rant now. Ugh.
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,262 Member
    MizzMaamI1 wrote: »
    I had two coffees. 2 eggs cooked with butter , three hash browns cooked in oven. A cinnamon bum topped with cream cheese icing. Whole package of tofu Pam fried with butter and garlic powder. Bam calories done.

I try to pre log my diary but I almost always go off track. 7 months ago I was doing great I lost almost 80 lbs and I felt on top of the world. Unstoppable. Slowly I ate more, treated myself more aND lost all motivation. In the back of my mind I knew I was setting myself up for failure but it wasn't as strong as my urge to eat.

I can't seem to get over this emotional clutch that I have on food. This is turning into a rant now. Ugh.

I have to admit I was with you up until the tofu Pam part, but in a previous life I was known to spend my daughter's naps curled up with a stick of butter and a sleeve of saltines so there's certainly no judgement coming from my corner.

What happened after you lose your 80 pounds? Is it possible that the diet that helped you lose was too restrictive or involved changes that just didn't fit your desired life? There may be some baby steps that you can take to get back on track.
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Honestly, I had been doing great for a while and then got off track for a long time. I wasn't really convinced that it was time to refocus when I decided to just start by logging everything. The good, the bad, the ugly. It all went into my diary. As I was logging, I began looking for patterns of hunger and fullness, good sleep, poor sleep, energy levels, feelings during workouts. It all began to make sense. I didn't want to give up things I enjoyed, so I started looking for ways to fit in things I enjoy while meeting my nutritional needs. I also stopped being so critical of myself and the choices I made.

Start by logging it all and just watch the patterns, without the judgment. You are being very hard on yourself. You can do it. My thoughts, of course. Do what's right for you.
  • MizzMaamI1
    MizzMaamI1 Posts: 73 Member
    Oops I ment tofu pan fried with butter. I love butter haha.

I lost it with help from breastfeeding, eating low carb/high fat and working out 5/6 times a week. So then after I lost 80 lbs we went to visit my family and I went back to old similar eating habits. Since then I can get back. I'm in carb overload.

I can't explain the motivation and drive I left when I first start and stuck to it. I just want that feeling back. I don't even know how to get it back.
  • Naomipandybaxter
    Naomipandybaxter Posts: 4 Member
    I'm a newbie to this and I log in my diary as I eat and then when I see my calories count going down I tend to think about not going crazy with my next meal. You've done it before you can do it again! Keeping busy helps me. Be positive and put today behind you, good luck
  • jacklifts
    jacklifts Posts: 396 Member
    I've done that before multiple times. No worries. I've realized it was due to significant calorie restriction followed by having cheat days - that combination just totally killed me. I've been able to get back on track by instituting daily fasting. Since dinner is the most important meal for me (eat with the family), I don't eat most of the day. It makes it much easier to stick to calorie total for the day, since I can just go to sleep after dinner, even if I'm still hungry. Also, for whatever reason, I feel more in control when I've gone through a fasting period, which allows me to be more in control later when I am eating.

Normally I would say it's not a big deal, just move on. But I sense from your post that you've lost that mindset of calorie restriction. So now you need an actionable plan that you can implement. I'm not sure what that is for you, but maybe give fasting a go. Good luck!
  • Asher_Ethan
    Asher_Ethan Posts: 2,430 Member
    Butter is my favorite food. I understand. I actually had to cut a lot of the butter I eat out of my diet but I didn't cut it out completely. Eat a light lunch and dinner, go to bed early, and start tomorrow fresh.

By the way, whipped butter is amazing.