Things people do in the gym that you LOVE!

_incogNEATo_
_incogNEATo_ Posts: 4,543 Member
I'm sure this thread won't be as popular because a lot of people would rather *kitten* than praise.

Hell, it's worth a shot though. I enjoy seeing a new face in the gym. I enjoy seeing that new face stick with it for the long haul. If that new person happens to not stick with it, I enjoy seeing that person come back after a few weeks/months away. I enjoy people being willing to ask questions, as well as willing to answer my questions. I love seeing excitement after a successful one-rep max attempt or any PR for that matter (fist pumps, smiles, "hell yeahs", all of it)

What do you love to see people do in the gym?

Replies

• That1Chick_Brit
    That1Chick_Brit Posts: 2,541 Member
    Glorious man booties
  • Radiated_JK
    Radiated_JK Posts: 165 Member
    I love to see good slow controlled form. And I love the rare moment when a good song actually comes on in the gym. It's almost like seeing a pay phone. :p
  • Spook_Nuke_Em
    Spook_Nuke_Em Posts: 408 Member
    I like when people see you wanting to use a bench or a machine and they offer for you to work in with them.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    I love when I can tell someone is running SL 5x5 or Starting Strength-new to lifting and doing it all on their own. I love to see skinny people gaining weight and pushing it in the weight room.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,956 Member
    edited January 2016
    I love that I've just started SL 5x5 and I'm the only female I've ever seen in the weights area of my gym, and this older guy with great muscles gives me the biggest grin when he sees me hit the barbell.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    I love that I've just started SL 5x5 and I'm the only female I've ever seen in the weights area of my gym, and this older guy with great muscles gives me the biggest grin when he sees me hit the barbell.

I love this too.
  • jmule24
    jmule24 Posts: 1,404 Member
    I love when people puts their weights back!
  • _Pseudonymous_
    _Pseudonymous_ Posts: 1,671 Member
    I love seeing the regulars being kind to newbies and helping them out.
  • 3AAnn3
    3AAnn3 Posts: 3,055 Member
    Love friendly faced individuals.
  • RaeAllenJade
    RaeAllenJade Posts: 44 Member
    I like this post!
    I've never stepped foot in a gym, but plan to this month! It's nice seeing a positive thread about Gyms.. It can be extremely intimidating going to a new gym for the first time. Some post I've read on MFP today have almost scared me away!
  • _Pseudonymous_
    _Pseudonymous_ Posts: 1,671 Member
    P.s. I prefer posts like this... The other threads get boring and redundant so I have to get ridiculous to make it fun.

Thanks for this post!
  • CardiganandFlannel
    CardiganandFlannel Posts: 232 Member
    The old dude...yes, older than me, that gives me tips on squats. Appreciated!!
  • dbanks80
    dbanks80 Posts: 3,685 Member
    edited January 2016
    I love seeing the regulars period.
  • cookielover_96
    cookielover_96 Posts: 177 Member
    I love when guys show skin
  • Sugaplumz
    Sugaplumz Posts: 21 Member
    edited January 2016
    I love when you make a workout buddy.
  • New_determination
    New_determination Posts: 1,460 Member
    Love when ppl notice ur hard work n come up to u to say good job! Also I wish ppl were more open to giving tips
  • Hey_Its_That_One_Guy
    Hey_Its_That_One_Guy Posts: 21,768 Member
    Female wardrobe malfunctions.
  • lunidevojka
    lunidevojka Posts: 9,049 Member
    When people are friendly with one another and offer tips.
  • krysmuree
    krysmuree Posts: 326 Member
    When people offer tips, but do so respectfully and with good intentions. :)
  • moya_bleh
    moya_bleh Posts: 1,375 Member
    Lift, run, get in shape. We're all there for the same reason :)