M/30/6'2 [309 to 180] (1.5 years) A decent amount of pics.

Killmenext
Killmenext Posts: 95 Member
edited January 2016 in Success Stories
Hello all, I just wanted to throw in a bit about my success story as well. Long story short I was a really bad alcoholic, to the point where I was closing in on liver issues, and was hospitalized a time or two. With help from an inpatient supervised program, I was able to get off the alcohol, and since then have completely change pretty much every aspect of my life. I eat extremely healthy, workout every other day, and have a much better overall outlook on life!

The only thing that is disappointing is the unfortunate leftover tummy skin, but I am hoping to one day get an abdominoplasty to get it removed, if I can ever afford it that is. Until then, I usually wear compression shorts to make me feel better when I am out and about, and in one of the later pics, my shorts can kind of hide it ok, but only if they stay right where they are.

Just wanted to share some of the pics of my progress. Hopefully it can inspire someone down the line, just like many others have for me since I started!

eouvm7ro2wy3.jpg
hqwjsmemag8q.jpg
gl0hpji9enfm.jpg
cudyk5d06gwo.jpg
rmu6s8xuglxy.jpg
73ovpexqlbiy.jpg
j59bxbabo69m.jpg
z24pyc17ilpx.jpg
0lgz7xodxew1.jpg
csrrp8k9zx3f.jpg
asa6nrno5jyn.jpg
phmscjiuxgpb.jpg
lquy1rybiekl.jpg
qf3s5hd68f9a.jpg
nd71cek8u704.jpg

Replies

• crystallee85
    crystallee85 Posts: 50 Member
    Great job on getting healthy and making the changes, certainly couldn't have been easy! I bet you feel amazing.
  • mookangmy
    mookangmy Posts: 4 Member
    You look amazing!!! ;)
  • bonniegoodeye
    bonniegoodeye Posts: 290 Member
    edited January 2016
    What a beautiful transformation. You have done a great job and should be proud! 1.5 years? Amazing!
  • Pooh973
    Pooh973 Posts: 62 Member
    Awesome job!!
  • mcmurdah123
    mcmurdah123 Posts: 17 Member
    I don't know. You see loose skin to be embarrassed by, I see a small trade off for someone who took a control of their life and kicked some *kitten*. Congratulations!
  • craignev
    craignev Posts: 1,247 Member
    Wow....amazing transformation both physically and mentally. Very well done!
  • Jussilu
    Jussilu Posts: 36 Member
    Kicking the alcohol and all that weight gone ........you have done an amazing job!
  • Will210
    Will210 Posts: 201 Member
    edited January 2016
    Amazing. Thank you for sharing. I don't think your stomach looks that bad. It might improve over a short amount of time (1 year or so).
  • Keladelphia
    Keladelphia Posts: 820 Member
    Weight loss is hard enough so to overcome addiction at the same time is particularly awesome. Congrats on all of your hard work; you look amazing and should be extremely proud!
  • 2015Mich
    2015Mich Posts: 6 Member
    Wow!! Super awesome! Thanks for sharing.
  • fitfat1975
    fitfat1975 Posts: 18 Member
    You look amazing!! Great transformation!
  • DeeDiddyGee
    DeeDiddyGee Posts: 601 Member
    I don't know. You see loose skin to be embarrassed by, I see a small trade off for someone who took a control of their life and kicked some *kitten*. Congratulations!

^^^ This! You overcame alcohol and being overweight - a double-edged sword. You are a SAMURAI!
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Great job, dude. That's impressive. Congrats on your success with the weight and personal issues. Keep it up!
  • alynxx2016
    alynxx2016 Posts: 61 Member
    Amazing job! You did what many people can't!
  • Jds063
    Jds063 Posts: 46 Member
    Awesome! You look great!
  • cmsu64113
    cmsu64113 Posts: 474 Member
    Amazing!
  • gems74
    gems74 Posts: 107 Member
    Congrats on your success! An amazing achievement!
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,486 Member
    Truly a great transformation my friend! The dedication and discipline it takes to achieve this is only within a few! Excellent!

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • treebyriver
    treebyriver Posts: 9 Member
    Thank you for sharing your pics. I'm so happy for you. What an encouragement!
  • mpeters1965
    mpeters1965 Posts: 370 Member
    Looks great! I would say the extra skin is a badge of honor but I hope you get to fix it someday if that is what will make you happiest! You've obviously worked hard and should get what you want.

On a totally unrelated note, I used to have a bathroom with that same crazy pink/black tile. Straight out of the 1960's. It was our first house and your picture is a bit of a throwback. :smile:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!