Help for the very unflexible

maryshack
maryshack Posts: 35 Member
Hello all. I'm 30 years old and in desperate need of help. I need to lose about 30 lbs and have no problem doing cardio but I'm looking for a good video I can do at home to help loosen my very very tight muscles and joints. Can anyone recommend a good video or website that has good stretching excercises or yoga for beginners? I'm not sure where to start. Thanks!!

Replies

• sparrish531
    sparrish531 Posts: 499 Member
    I am interested in this info as well!
  • Shells918
    Shells918 Posts: 1,070 Member
    I have used a yoga beginners video by Gaiam that might be good for you. I would try the library and test some things out to see what you like before you buy anything.
  • katiebean
    katiebean Posts: 110 Member
    Yoga With Adriene and Lesley Fightmaster (both on YouTube) do a 30-day yoga challenge for beginners. Have fun :)
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,482 Member
    I've always like Cathe Friedrich (bias also because I've met her personally) and her low impact yoga might do you good.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • I don't know much about it but I've heard of chair yoga. Might be something to look into if you have painful joints.
  • inglysh731
    inglysh731 Posts: 42 Member
    Check with your local rec dept. Currently doing a few things through them now with the whole family and it's pretty inexpensive.
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    i like rodney yee for yoga.
    there is a lot of yoga available of youtube
  • Kyrenora
    Kyrenora Posts: 133 Member
    DoYogaWithMe.com has tons of free videos for all levels.