The Red Squad Fanatics

Replies

• cathyd1000
    cathyd1000 Posts: 60 Member
    I wasn't able to cut out sugar. I know that I should and hope to someday, but for today, I enjoy my chocolate and ice cream too much :0

Other than that I had a good day.
  • night_watcher
    night_watcher Posts: 825 Member
    For thursday we have 10 jumping jacks every 90 minutes while awake challenge :tongue: i love this one, cant wait to hear where you guys did your jumping jacks
  • night_watcher
    Mrscanmore wrote: »
    happykee wrote: »
    Anyone have ideas for drinking more water? I'm trying to limit processed foods and sodium, so I am not very thirsty.

I got a water bottle called a citruszinger. There is a spot at the bottom to juice a lemon/orange. It's really nice! I got one for my daughter too, and now she finishes her water bottle at school.
    268bmtrbbaum.jpeg

i wish i could find such bottle here in pakistan
  • lcuconley
    lcuconley Posts: 734 Member
    night_watcher...I am missing the daily challenges. Where did you learn about the the 10 jumping jacks?
  • Mrscanmore
    Mrscanmore Posts: 917 Member
    If you go to the first page of this post, there is a link that says daily and weekly challenges. If you are reporting daily, there is also a spot to report how you do each day. It is neat! It is like a survey, it asks you questions and you just have to put in your daily results.
  • cathyd1000
    I hope everyone is doing well. I have been doing great this week. This morning I wasn't really feeling working out, so I broke up my workout, I did the 14 minute interval on the bow flex max trainer, then a half hour on my stepper and then about 10 minutes with a new thing that mys husband picked up for me yesterday, its a stretch and tone bar. I liked it. I have been dealing with a very emotional situation with my family since before Christmas and this week I am managing not to stress overeat over it :) This challenge and The Biggest Loser Challenge have really been helpful.
  • FitFabJenny
    FitFabJenny Posts: 26 Member
    Doing jumping jacks in one of the larger conference rooms (with a door that closes) in my office today... Glad everyone on the red team seems to be doing well! Let's hope we kill it in week #1!
  • Mrscanmore
    Good job Cathy. I also find it hard not to eat when I'm under stress!

I did a combo of jumping jacks and push-ups today. I teach kindergarten, so I had my students do it with me. We are working on patterns, so we did in, out and up, down :wink: I missed two times, so doubled up at the next 1.5 hour. I found it hard to keep track!
  • night_watcher
    hey guys, don't forget to weigh in :) Sunday is approaching!!! First week is almost over.

@lcuconley , @Mrscanmore is right :) daily and weekly challenges thread has challenges on the first page
  • lcuconley
    lcuconley Posts: 734 Member
    Hi all - just about to do my weigh in. Down 4.6 pounds...I love the beginning of diets!

It's been an active week for me. Today is a rest for me...just hot yoga at lunchtime today. How is everyone? Happy Friday!
  • Mrscanmore
    I went for a run this morning. It was really cold again! We did some speed work, 1 min fast run, 30 sec walk. We did 6 repeats, and ended with a 2 minute walk. I thought that wasn't too bad, but then my running partner informed me we had to do that twice! It was really hard! But we did it!

I should be good for processed foods today. We don't eat a lot of them. My partner is low sodium, so we tend to avoid packaged things.
  • pichu318
    pichu318 Posts: 172 Member
    Congrats on the squats @night_watcher ! I'm glad you enjoy your trainer. I have never tried due to not having the money, but I have been thinking about going to classes at my gym....they are included with the membership, so why not? I want to know how to use weights before going to that part of the gym, so I'll probably pick up the muscle works classes.
  • FitFabJenny
    FitFabJenny Posts: 26 Member
    lcuconley wrote: »
    Hi all - just about to do my weigh in. Down 4.6 pounds...I love the beginning of diets!

It's been an active week for me. Today is a rest for me...just hot yoga at lunchtime today. How is everyone? Happy Friday!

@lcuconley Happy Friday! I was down 4.8 this morning... the following weeks will be much smaller than that but i'll take it! Weight loss twins :)
  • Mrscanmore
    Went home for a quick lunch, and so I just grabbed a protein bar, along with a smoothy. So, I will hopefully hit my macros today, but totally forgot about the processed foods!
  • jw574
    jw574 Posts: 29 Member
    Lots of walking for me today. I completely forgot about the challenge though. Going to work on staying focused this weekend:)
  • MadAliceNo1
    MadAliceNo1 Posts: 16 Member
    Sorry haven't been posting anything just nothing interesting really is happening.
    I am trying my hardest on the night snacking and starting to do better!
    Hope everyone is trying how much they can.
    Tomorrow is weigh in day for me.
    If you are not bothered to eat fruits just be creative with them then~
    E.g.
    bquvgwvmfvcq.jpg
  • jw574
    jw574 Posts: 29 Member
    edited January 2016
    Sorry haven't been posting anything just nothing interesting really is happening.
    I am trying my hardest on the night snacking and starting to do better!
    Hope everyone is trying how much they can.
    Tomorrow is weigh in day for me.
    If you are not bothered to eat fruits just be creative with them then~
    E.g.
    bquvgwvmfvcq.jpg

That is really pretty! Yum!
  • Mrscanmore
    That looks awesome! I quite often grab a granola bar or some nuts, when what I really should be grabbing is a piece of fruit!
  • Mrscanmore
    Here's my plan for the week:
    Sunday -long run
    Tuesday, Thursday, Friday -run

Meals
    Monday - Italian chicken soup, bread, salad
    Tuesday - grilled chili like chicken fajita Salad
    Wednesday - macaroni pie
    Thursday - slow cooker curry cashew chicken
    Friday - at friends for supper
  • cathyd1000
    Mrscanmore wrote: »
    Here's my plan for the week:
    Sunday -long run
    Tuesday, Thursday, Friday -run

Meals
    Monday - Italian chicken soup, bread, salad
    Tuesday - grilled chili like chicken fajita Salad
    Wednesday - macaroni pie
    Thursday - slow cooker curry cashew chicken
    Friday - at friends for supper

Wow the food plan looks great! Is the Italian chicken soup homemade? If yes, can you share the recipe? It sounds yummy.
This discussion has been closed.