2»

Replies

• cking824
    cking824 Posts: 21 Member
    brd4t9lwmonb.jpg

Me in February 2015 (372 lbs)

39hwrdarn899.jpg

Me in November 2015 (155 lbs later)

Good Luck. You can do anything if you want it bad enough. You have complete control of your destination and the path you choose to get there. No excuses - pure beast mode. You can't dip your toes in the water when it comes to losing weight. Either jump all in and take the plunge for the results you want. Or stay and watch from the shoreline. It really is that simple. Go all in or you are wasting your time. Said with love!! xoxo

Sorry about the "graphic photos" but it is what it is.

Passionately positive, this really inspired me. Thank you for your post!
  • Aw thanks love! I took photos semi naked like that during most of my journey last year - so I could "really" see the difference. I wasn't expecting to lose as much as I did. Thanks for your kind words!!
  • deniseteas
    deniseteas Posts: 42 Member
    Ive lost almost 100 pounds...Visalus was what kick started me...its a protein shake you use as a meal replacement and it helps curb all your cravings and appetite, you buy it on line...
  • dliv90
    dliv90 Posts: 10 Member
    edited January 2016
    I am new here, but I would say this. Forget about being motivated....and forget about having goals. Totally punt on willpower. Just do this one thing: Honestly and accurately log what you eat.

Don't try and be a better person, don't try and be super healthy, super sexy --- or whatever. Don't go hungry, don't ever trust in willpower to help. Just log what you eat -- everything -- every...little....thing.

That's what I did, and looking at the logs after a week I was amazed at how much crap I ate that was high in calories that I didn't even really enjoy! Find something in the logs that you don't like much and can do without.

Then find something in the logs that's kind of healthy and that you really enjoy -- and have more of it. Little by little, step by step, you can adopt better habits that will last for the rest of your life because it won't require pain or suffering or sacrifice. The pounds will come off as a side effect of these better habits that start with what you buy at the grocery store.

Tiny steps....tiny steps.

My other pieces of advice:
    1) get to bed earlier....if you are sleep deprived, then forget everything else, you are screwed
    2) eat frequently...all day long -- don't ever let yourself feel really hungry
    3) One big advantage of being obese -- At 50 pounds overweight, you don't need to work-out at this point!! Just find a park or forest where you feel calm and safe and walk around for 15-30 minutes every other day. It's not exercise...its your time...for yourself...to calm down and think about life.

I've been taking baby steps for the past 60 days and have lost 20 of 70 pounds.
  • buttersbunch
    buttersbunch Posts: 180 Member
    Honey, you CAN do hard things! I went from 410 pounds to 135 pounds for a total weight loss of 275 pounds!!
  • scolaris
    scolaris Posts: 2,145 Member
    Some pretty inspiring voices here!
    @Passionately_Positive YOU ROCK
  • dubird
    dubird Posts: 1,849 Member
    dliv90 wrote: »
    I am new here, but I would say this. Forget about being motivated....and forget about having goals. Totally punt on willpower. Just do this one thing: Honestly and accurately log what you eat.

Don't try and be a better person, don't try and be super healthy, super sexy --- or whatever. Don't go hungry, don't ever trust in willpower to help. Just log what you eat -- everything -- every...little....thing.

That's what I did, and looking at the logs after a week I was amazed at how much crap I ate that was high in calories that I didn't even really enjoy! Find something in the logs that you don't like much and can do without.

Then find something in the logs that's kind of healthy and that you really enjoy -- and have more of it. Little by little, step by step, you can adopt better habits that will last for the rest of your life because it won't require pain or suffering or sacrifice. The pounds will come off as a side effect of these better habits that start with what you buy at the grocery store.

#TRUTH

It's not until you log honestly and accurately that you realize just HOW MUCH calories you're taking in. I didn't think I was that bad until I logged for a week, and that was before I got a food scale! I started swapping out some things, like drinking unsweet tea with Equal instead of soda *which cuts 200+ calories out of each meal with one change!*, and slowly started working on relearning what portion sizes actually were instead of just eating what I pull out or put on my plate. Took me 3 years *well, 2 if you don't count the 6 months and two moves where I wasn't paying attention!* to lose 50 pounds, and I feel much more confident about my ability to KEEP it off now. ^_^

I didn't lose the weight with exercise, though I'm trying to add walking back in as it's good for getting my asthma under control. Exercise is good if you can do it, but it's not necessary to losing weight. Weight loss happens in the kitchen, exercise just helps you balance your body and keeps it in better working order.
  • RosemaryBronte
    RosemaryBronte Posts: 103 Member
    Before you really get started, get a few small habits in place. E.g. have an apple each day. Think of it as a weight loss pill and just eat it. When you eat a chocolate bar, eat a small one instead of a big one. Do this for 2 weeks and you may be pleasantly surprised to find that a little weight has come off. Then include more healthy vegetables in your day. After a week add in a gentle walk. As you build up the good habits, your body may let go bits of weight and you are getting habits in place that you need for the rest of your life. Each time you add a new good habit, ask yourself what the easiest one will be to introduce e.g. replace one of your unhealthy drinks with water. Later you can replace another but go slowly and your body won't see this as a starvation situation so it will just drop another pound here and there. Be patient as you learn the new skills and remember that the less sugar you eat the less you will want. Don't do low fat. Don't do high fat. Don't do low or high carb. Don't do low or high protein. Gradually move to balanced nourishing meals. Don't drink massive amounts of water. Just drink healthy amounts of water. Thirst IS a good guide. As your body learns to trust you not to starve it and not to fill it with junk then it will feel safe to let go of the fat.
  • fiddletime
    fiddletime Posts: 1,862 Member
    To all of the above advice I'll add that my motivation is at an all time low, after 7 months of diligence. Have I gained weight? No. Am I committed to continuing the journey? Yes. Do I want to weigh what I weighed 7 months ago? Hell no! Do I still work out every morning and log every bite? Yes, because those are the habits I've set in place over the past 7 months. Do I feel motivated? Not at all. But this will pass.

Motivation comes and goes in life. Make a commitment to your health and your future, ignore the little voice in your head, and- just do it, one step at a time.
  • scolaris wrote: »
    Some pretty inspiring voices here!
    @Passionately_Positive YOU ROCK

Thanks hun!! xoxo
  • heidio2
    heidio2 Posts: 110 Member
    For me, it was getting a fit bit. Walking and challenging my sisters & friends. I didn't run or even think gym or workout. I thouhht, "I want to win the steps challenge today." That made me move more, which gave me more energy and I started thinking, I just did all that walking, I'm not eating that crap and wasting that effort. That turned into, "man, I actually feel better when I eat this kind of food vs that kind." Then one lb came off and I celebrated. Big time. Still do. Every single lb. No matter how slowly they come off. Because they are coming off and staying off. I am now at month 8 and just starting to decide to see how I can push myself. Ready for that leap. And I don't feel bad for it taking this long. I'm down 27 lbs, longest I've ever lost weigbt, kept it off and kept going. So find your pace and just start there. Good luck!
  • gettingsexybck007
    gettingsexybck007 Posts: 23 Member
    What is a fit bit?
  • DayOneVB
    DayOneVB Posts: 40 Member
    edited February 2016
    It can be done ! Make little goals to hit, small steps day by day!
  • datsundriver87
    datsundriver87 Posts: 186 Member
    Everyone's journey starts out different, some people (like myself) needed to obsess over my weight loss journey and jump all in and let it consume me in order to stay on track until it became habbit, others can cut out small things at a time and work up to making healthy choices a habbit, the key word in both is habbit. Do not diet, do not do something you can't see yourself doing everyday the rest of your life, you have to change your lifestyle or you will just yoyo back and forth and always fail. As others have said accurately track everything you eat no matter if you go way over your calorie goal, and eventually you will see the trend that will need to change in order to lose weight. Sometimes that's cutting out soda, sometimes it's eating a smaller portion, sometimes it's exercising more, that is a variable you are able to change to suit your own happiness but remember lifestyle change, not diet.
  • banshee70
    banshee70 Posts: 2 Member
    Don't get overwhelmed by 50 POUNDS OMG! Set yourself a numerical goal, like if you weigh 200, aim for 188. Then shoot for 179 then 174 etc. If you get stuck on how long it's going to take to get the weight off, you'll likely get frustrated and depressed and then give up. Every 10 lbs or so will mean looser clothes and a smaller body. Most importantly, you have to actually believe you can do it. (You totally can). Tell the little eat monster in your brain that he's going away for awhile. Tell him he can come back and have a big feast in about 200 years. Best of luck to you. Oh one other thing, the time to start is right now. Not tomorrow, not Monday, right now no matter what you've eaten today. Sorry for the sermon.. I never preach at people but you did ask. :)