The water struggle

I can barely get 20 oz in. and I have heard drinking half of your weight in water helps you drop the pounds even faster.

Any tip people??

Replies

• AshNoel85
    AshNoel85 Posts: 25 Member
    I started flavoring my water with cucumber and strawberry's. It really helps. I drink a 16oz bottle by at least 10 am and try to drink 8 oz of water each hour until i at least get in my 64oz. anything above that is just bonus.
  • JenniDaisy
    JenniDaisy Posts: 526 Member
    An app called Plant Nanny.
    I don't want to be overly dramatic but it changed my life. You have an adorable plant to grow and you water it everytime you drink and if you don't water it, it dies. You don't want the cartoon plant with a little smiling face to die, do you?
  • yayamom3
    yayamom3 Posts: 939 Member
    There are also several apps you can get on your phone that remind you to drink and help motivate you. Also, it doesn't have to be plain water. I drink water, but I also drink loads of iced tea and some Crystal Light. I really had to work at it in the beginning. Now it's become second nature to me and I don't even need to track it anymore.
  • harrybananas
    harrybananas Posts: 292 Member
    If you have a 20oz bottle or cup that you're currently using (or bigger), get a cup that can hold just 8-10 fluid oz, or 2-3 gulps worth of water before it empties. Drink from this cup for water, instead of a 20oz container, which can seem intimidating which could be why it's difficult to get your fill of water. But if you drink from this cup, it'll empty faster, and force you to fill it up again, thus drinking more. Easy peezy.
  • Pawsforme
    Pawsforme Posts: 645 Member
    I prefer my water flavored. As in coffee, tea and Diet Pepsi. If I had to drink plain water . . . no, I don't even want to consider the horror.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,843 Member
    I get the bulk of my liquid via weak tea.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,843 Member
    JenniDaisy wrote: »
    An app called Plant Nanny.
    I don't want to be overly dramatic but it changed my life. You have an adorable plant to grow and you water it everytime you drink and if you don't water it, it dies. You don't want the cartoon plant with a little smiling face to die, do you?

Aww, cute. I don't have a smart phone. Anyone use something similarly cute for desktop? (Must be cute.)

upload.png
  • strong_curves
    strong_curves Posts: 2,229 Member
    Idalia103 wrote: »
    I can barely get 20 oz in. and I have heard drinking half of your weight in water helps you drop the pounds even faster.

Any tip people??

It doesn't tho.

• beccaboo2001
    beccaboo2001 Posts: 20 Member
    I know it sounds odd - but using a straw helps me. I tend to drink more and faster out of a straw.
  • Kyrenora
    Kyrenora Posts: 133 Member
    Pawsforme wrote: »
    I prefer my water flavored. As in coffee, tea and Diet Pepsi. If I had to drink plain water . . . no, I don't even want to consider the horror.

Be careful if you're counting caffeinated drinks as hydration. Caffeine has a diuretic effect, so you don't get nearly as much hydration as you would from a decaffeinated source.
  • kbmnurse
    kbmnurse Posts: 2,484 Member
    I drink mine with lemon. I get in at least 100 oz daily.
  • HWeatherholt
    HWeatherholt Posts: 283 Member
    I usually don't have much of a problem getting my water in, occasionally on weekends. During the week, I have glass that I know holds almost 3 cups of water, and I fill it about 3/4 full -- without ice -- and drink it while I am getting ready for work so getting like 2.5 cups in. Then I refill it and drink it on my way to work. At work, I can easily go through 2 24 oz and 1 32 oz water bottle - that I bring filled with filtered water from home. I tell myself that I can have soda or anything else that I want to drink after I get my water intake in for the day, which I round up to a 8 oz cup, of 1/2 my body weight in oz. Right now I need 15 8 oz cups, and I easily get in 14 (not giving myself credit for the extra that was in my morning glasses) of the 15 by 1 or so. I need another water bottle so that I can finish off all my water while still at work, so I can go home and have something like a crown and (caffeine free diet) coke.
  • larali1980
    larali1980 Posts: 162 Member
    463-0012.jpg

I am obsessed with these lately.... I drink like 5-6 of them per day.
  • kami3006
    kami3006 Posts: 4,978 Member
    Water does not help in fat loss. It helps prevent water retention and provides hydration. You can get water from just about any beverage (even caffeinated ones - that has long been debunked as the diuretic effect is minimal), and from fruits and vegetables.
  • Terri2874
    Terri2874 Posts: 28 Member
    I personally swear by the water flavouring that comes in a little squeeze bottle (my favorite is actually great value simply clear grape)
    It is clear ....you only need any few drops and it makes your water delicious! I don't enjoy drinking it plain...but now water is my beverage of choice!
  • Pawsforme
    Pawsforme Posts: 645 Member
    edited January 2016
    Kyrenora wrote: »
    Pawsforme wrote: »

Be careful if you're counting caffeinated drinks as hydration. Caffeine has a diuretic effect, so you don't get nearly as much hydration as you would from a decaffeinated source.

No. That has been disproven..
  • Colorscheme
    Colorscheme Posts: 1,179 Member
    I used to flavor my water. Now I like it plain, but I do carbonate it using my SodaStream.
  • sanfromny
    sanfromny Posts: 770 Member
    I have a half gallon bottle (like the ones for milk and juice). I wrote Just Do It on the side. I fill it up and whenever I look at it, I see 'Just do It' and I do until the bottle is done
  • tesha_chandler
    tesha_chandler Posts: 378 Member
    I drink out of a water bottle, straw or a 32 ounce cup from Tom Thumb.. I just mindlessly sip all day lol You could always add more spicy food to your diet- that would make you want more! lol
  • Odilerubia
    Odilerubia Posts: 80 Member
    You lucky Americans, in the Netherlands we dont have those squeeze bottles and the pic from Larali makes me go crazy. I check on Pinterest for inspiration and love the lemons, cucumber and mintleaves in a big jar to flavour my water! but I sure will start ordering in some of those powders by mail!