Squat, Bench, Deadlift, Snatch, C&J: Post your best videos

Replies

• Keladelphia
    Keladelphia Posts: 820 Member
    edited January 2016
  • usmcmp wrote: »
    usmcmp wrote: »
    Not the prettiest I've done, but my favorite.
    https://youtu.be/nna2Rpj_lA4

Not pretty? I love how easy you make that look.

PSH! Only the lock out. My 4th attempt got stuck just below the knees.
    Your bar speed was quick though! In competition who cares how pretty it is, as long as you get it done and it counts!
  • Elegra2006
    Elegra2006 Posts: 144 Member
    edited January 2016
    Yuck form but my favourite lift and current PB - 287lbs.

https://instagram.com/p/_U69U_qvH1/?taken-by=ellie_mlg

(sorry don't know how to insert video into this post, grrr!)
  • McCloud33
    McCloud33 Posts: 959 Member
    MireyGal76 wrote: »
    This was my best dead weight (200lbs). Low for a lot of folks, but I was happy!

I did x3, but only recorded 1.

https://youtu.be/37A1btGZqGQ

You broke the 4th Wall! Nice lift. Garage basement? I like the homemade squat rack in the background.

Yep, I built a squat/bench rack, and made the deadlift risers out of plywood. All my weights are kijiji special, so they're max 25lbs. Takes forever to load/unload them, but they were cheap!
    I dig it. I have a gym in my garage that while its -40 below I am not using. Can't wait for the weather to warm up. This summer I plan to build strongman equipment and I have a prowler that I am building.
    McCloud33 wrote: »
    315lbs

325lbs

Wish I had video of some of my heavy singles.

Your squat looks good. Reason for the trap bar over barbell deadlifts?

No real reason for trap over barbell...that was just what I had done that day. Right now I'm doing 5/3/1 BBB and when I do my 5x10 sets I use the trap bar instead of the regular just because I don't tear up my shins as bad. I like the variety. I'm doing my heavy deads tomorrow so maybe I'll go ahead and record it. Shooting for 330x7...or maybe I'll just try and work up to a 1RM instead.

Ah, that makes sense. I am running 531 with BBB (12 week challenge) currently now, or will after my last meet in February when I can finally finish the last training block. Using the trap bar is a good idea, my next block of 5x10 deadlifts has me volume sets of 330 lbs. Might have to try the trap bar.

Good luck on the volume set tomorrow!

Thanks! I alternate the volume sets (work bench/volume OHP, work squat/volume DL, etc...) so it's the 1+ week of 5/3/1 for DL and 5x10 volume on squat....so 185lb 5x10. I can't imagine 5x10 with 330 on the DL. I could maybe do 5x5 with 330.

I'm just trying to make it through the end of March on this cut and then I might actually try the 20 rep squat program for 6 weeks on a bulk. We'll see.
  • McCloud33
    McCloud33 Posts: 959 Member
    Elegra2006 wrote: »

@Elegra2006 287 is a solid lift! good job!
  • Willbenchforcupcakes
    Willbenchforcupcakes Posts: 4,955 Member
    These are my best lifts to date:

405 lbs. Squat:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Sfo2Ix7g5o

My best bench press is 305 lbs, but I didn't get any video of it, so all I have this on of this one at 255 lbs.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Knet-jY89aU

525 lbs. deadlift:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Br0QGjsJpE
    (Now that wasn't pretty.)

Nice

• Elegra2006 wrote: »

Looks like you lost your grip at the end. Do any grip training? I really like grip training.

This was my best dead weight (200lbs). Low for a lot of folks, but I was happy!

I did x3, but only recorded 1.

https://youtu.be/37A1btGZqGQ

You broke the 4th Wall! Nice lift. Garage basement? I like the homemade squat rack in the background.

Yep, I built a squat/bench rack, and made the deadlift risers out of plywood. All my weights are kijiji special, so they're max 25lbs. Takes forever to load/unload them, but they were cheap!
    I dig it. I have a gym in my garage that while its -40 below I am not using. Can't wait for the weather to warm up. This summer I plan to build strongman equipment and I have a prowler that I am building.
    315lbs

325lbs

Wish I had video of some of my heavy singles.

Your squat looks good. Reason for the trap bar over barbell deadlifts?

No real reason for trap over barbell...that was just what I had done that day. Right now I'm doing 5/3/1 BBB and when I do my 5x10 sets I use the trap bar instead of the regular just because I don't tear up my shins as bad. I like the variety. I'm doing my heavy deads tomorrow so maybe I'll go ahead and record it. Shooting for 330x7...or maybe I'll just try and work up to a 1RM instead.

Ah, that makes sense. I am running 531 with BBB (12 week challenge) currently now, or will after my last meet in February when I can finally finish the last training block. Using the trap bar is a good idea, my next block of 5x10 deadlifts has me volume sets of 330 lbs. Might have to try the trap bar.

Good luck on the volume set tomorrow!

Thanks! I alternate the volume sets (work bench/volume OHP, work squat/volume DL, etc...) so it's the 1+ week of 5/3/1 for DL and 5x10 volume on squat....so 185lb 5x10. I can't imagine 5x10 with 330 on the DL. I could maybe do 5x5 with 330.

I'm just trying to make it through the end of March on this cut and then I might actually try the 20 rep squat program for 6 weeks on a bulk. We'll see.
    Before I started on 531, I had a rep max of 365 lbs 4x8 so I think I should get through this, maybe, but I do my volume sets as deficit deadlifts. I may need to rethink this next training block.

Be interested to hear about how the 20 squat thingie goes for you.
    Nice

Thanks @Iron_Miss_Canada !
  • Elegra2006
    Elegra2006 Posts: 144 Member
    edited January 2016
    @nakedraygun Nah, didn't really lose my grip, just minimising time spent holding the bar :D:D

Forgot to mention that the yellow headband was the trainers and he said I had to wear it for PB luck - it worked!!
  • giantrobot_powerlifting
    giantrobot_powerlifting Posts: 2,598 Member
    edited January 2016
    usmcmp wrote: »
    Here are a mix of my "best" gym lifts....

giphy.gif

@usmcmp, @LolBroScience ... always has such beautiful form doesn't he?
    Elegra2006 wrote: »
    @nakedraygun Nah, didn't really lose my grip, just minimising time spent holding the bar :D:D
    Bahaha. :D
  • Elegra2006 wrote: »

Forgot to mention that the yellow headband was the trainers and he said I had to wear it for PB luck - it worked!!

I have a big meet this week... Can I borrow it?
  • Warchortle
    Warchortle Posts: 2,197 Member
    I bench the pink dumb bells.
  • DopeItUp
    DopeItUp Posts: 18,771 Member
    From my last heavy bench day prior to my last comp. 85kg/187lb smooth and easy.

Second best platform squat, from last year. 117.5/258.5

And just because I love this one. 165/368 smooth.

Damn nice work. That 368 deadlift especially, one of the stronger female DLs I've seen.
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    @Iron_Miss_Canada that's a beautiful deadlift! Well, all the lifts really. Mine from above was 20 pounds under yours and not nearly as smooth.
  • Willbenchforcupcakes
    Willbenchforcupcakes Posts: 4,955 Member
    @DopeItUp @usmcmp thank you! My coach is babying me back up for squats and deads. Number one because we want to make sure that I'm fully healed and number two it's leaving so much space for bench to be beating my nervous system into a pulp.
  • BigSpoonSA
    BigSpoonSA Posts: 38 Member
    Here are a mix of my "best" gym lifts....

Nice to see someone else pulling sumo. Good lifts!
  • jimmmer
    jimmmer Posts: 3,515 Member
    Bit of context: just over a year ago had a mishap(!) at work that twisted up my SI Joint damaged some ligaments and messed up the grip in my right hand. Basically left me unable to lift my 8kg daughter, no longer able to air squat, etc. I was a bit of a mess.

Just about 12 months post-accident (about 7 weeks ago) I pulled the following 155kg conventional (~340ish lb?):

I won't lie, it was a bit of a grinder!

I also front squatted 102.5kg (I guess ~225lb?):

Two pretty ugly lifts from someone who's normally a bit of a form-nazi, but as a comeback @70kg bodyweight after a pretty brutal injury - I'm super happy. I finished out 2015 where I wanted to be and made a good base to build on in 2016.

Just wanted to say if you get yourself pretty banged up - don't give up! There's always a road to travel to get better, even if it's long and (sometimes) frustrating...
  • jimmmer
    jimmmer Posts: 3,515 Member
    Also wanted to add: that it's nice to see a thread like this on here where people can display their hard work.

Some inspiring lifts in here, for sure! Can't wait to see what others may post.