60lbs to lose by August 20th 2016

Replies

• Simplysavvy793
    Simplysavvy793 Posts: 17 Member
    I'm 22 years old and I am finally motivated enough to make a change! Looking for some new friends to keep motivated and to motivate me in my journey! Add me so we can begin this journey together!☺️
  • CariTJR
    CariTJR Posts: 343 Member
    edited January 2016
    I'm in too!! I'm turning 40 on the 14th of June this year and I refuse to be Fat & Forty!! I need all,the help I can get, and I'm happy to motivate new friends along the way.

Snap! 40 in May this year, and I WILL wear a lovely dress and feel fabulous. We can do this, we just have to set ourselves on the path and stick with it.

P.S. I'm in the UK, just north of London. :smile:
  • whitetiger30
    whitetiger30 Posts: 7 Member
    Hiya I would love to help and encourage you I also have a lot I want to loose around 120lb I've lost 70lb in the past and put it all back on with my last baby 1 year ago and as I had an emergency c section and have took 6 months to recover from it more weights just piled on so add me if you want too
  • mrodriguez85
    mrodriguez85 Posts: 2 Member
    I got the app about a year ago use it to log in for some time and I stop. I just sign in today and I did not know about this forums. Lol
    I would love to join all of you on this journey. I myself need to lose 60 pounds. I just got diagnosed with pre-diabetic so I need to work harder.
  • Imcharmed
    Imcharmed Posts: 346 Member
    I'll join you all, in the bid to shrink. I've got about 50lbs to lose. Would welcome the support and will support you in return.

Let's do this! Good luck.
  • dutchman1111
    dutchman1111 Posts: 1 Member
    Good Morning everyone! My goal is 60lb by 8/1 so your forum title grabbed my attention. I'm a super motivated middle aged man, I'm 60 ( consider that middle aged :) ) and have suffered the health side affects the last 5 years of being over weight. Things like blood pressure, a couple of stents, sleep apnea, borderline diabetic, enough is enough and I know what needs to be done and I can do it. The piece I'm missing is accountability. If there are of any of you who can relate to my story and want to become accountability partners I'd be happy to join you in the journey. I'm sure we could help each other. I'm on a super low carbohydrate diet, less than 30gm/ day. I started 1/1/16 at 249 lb and today am 233.8. The app is good for me because it helps me understand how what I eat makes a difference and another website is helping me see the light at the end of the tunnel, http://keto-calculator.ankerl.com/ I don't honestly know how this forum or being an accountability partner works, but I'm sure there's a way. I would think that a group of 3 or 4 would be ideal so if you're interested post a reply and in it use my username Dutchman1111 I'll search for it or if you can send me a personal message, haven't learned that yet either, but go ahead and do that. I look forward to the journey! dutchman1111
  • tracycmrn129
    tracycmrn129 Posts: 12 Member
    Add me
  • mcteacher75
    mcteacher75 Posts: 1 Member
    I lost 9 lbs in one week! I am so excited and proud of myself. I have been in a bariactric nutrition program since April of 2015. (The plan is to lose 40 lbs in one year so that my insurance will aide in paying for gastric bypass in April of 2016). I was following the 1800-2000 calorie diet that was prescribed to me. One week I would lose a pound or two and the next either gain it back or not lose at all. I was so frustrated. After a while I just gave up dieting all together.
    I stayed in the nutrition program, though. (I have to show proof of nutrition counseling for twelve consecutive months for insurance purposes) Although I was not losing I was still going to all my nutrition meetings and listening to the advice given to me.
    I began to realize without actual weight loss, I would not be having the surgery I desperately need. I had to fix this. Last week something just clicked! I decided to go full steam ahead and be accountable for what I was putting into my mouth. My nutritionist told me about My Fitness Pal. Reluctantly I signed up. I tracked my food, water, and little bit of exercise (I have spinal issues due to weight) religiously. Low and behold, I lost 9 lbs in a week! I have a very long way to go but with this app and the support, cooking tips, and exercise ideas... I KNOW I will hit my health goals in 2016.
  • kianrashidi123
    kianrashidi123 Posts: 39 Member
    Hey feel free to add me. Ive lost about 20 pounds so far and im maintaining on 2100 calories at the moment :)
    628462 Posts: 58 Member
    Well, day 2 was 3 beers and taco bell for dinner. Not a good day 2. On to day 3!

How is everyone else doing?
  • rmduck81
    rmduck81 Posts: 16 Member
    Good Morning, I myself would like to join in this journey. I am now at the heaviest I've ever been, (actually just lost a pound :smiley:) I don't like the way my clothes are starting to fit and my energy level is horrible.

My goal is to drop about 55 lbs, I have no target date, just on the road to a healthier life. In the past I lost 52 lbs, kept it off for a couple of yrs and that was awesome, I shopped a ton and loved it. I slowly started putting the weight back on after I went back to university, too much studying and not enough exercising. I eventually just let myself go, I've tried to get back into the healthy eating and gym but it was hard, now hitting my heaviest, I am ready to say good bye to that number. I still have all my skinny clothes tucked away in hopes of wearing them again one day :smile:

I'm also madly in love with a great guy, only problem is we are both getting more outta shape and packing on the pounds. I wasn't always a horrible eater but it got worse after we moved in together, I adapted to his eating and the result is not good. He's also on the road to a healthier self and having a partner who's you gym buddy is nice.

Hope we all stay on the health road and see those pound melt off. Feel free to add me and we can motivate each other to a healthier self.
  • thumper10169
    thumper10169 Posts: 1 Member
    Hi im new here.
    I started my weight lose journey about three years ago, i was about 250 got down to 145 then got pregnant
  • ksellers500
    ksellers500 Posts: 12 Member
    I have 70lbs to lose hopefully by end of year would love support from you guys and to hear your progresd too feel free to add me
  • 1987formula
    1987formula Posts: 19 Member
    edited January 2016
    congrats to all
  • Igotthatcake
    Igotthatcake Posts: 169 Member
    edited January 2016
    Similar goal, similar timeframe! :)
  • dougwood123
    dougwood123 Posts: 1 Member
    You can do it! I need to lose about 75 lbs, but I'll make my goal by Aug the same as yours. I'm going to try intermittent fasting and high fat low carb meals.
  • bsbprincess
    bsbprincess Posts: 161 Member
    Hey all! Just outta curiosity, since this thread got so big, I'm wondering where everyone is from :)

I'm currently living on the East Coast, Canada :)

Originally I am from Los Angeles, then lived in Missouri for a year, and now I'm in Ontario :)

• JillPoverud
    JillPoverud Posts: 27 Member
    I'm aiming to lose 60 pounds by the end of September for a family vacation to Hawaii. I live in Oregon, USA.
  • Fiftyls2looz
    Fiftyls2looz Posts: 45 Member
    Hi all!

I've always been a big girl and my weight has always fluctuated. Unfortunately in the last 4 years... Since meeting my wonderful fiance, I've let it go. I got comfy and fat. But I'm no longer comfortable with my size, or who I see in the mirror. I'm wonderfully supported by my man who loves me at any size (thank god) but I'm ready to make a serious change. August 20th 2016 is my wedding day, and I am making it my goal to lose 60lbs by that date.

I'd love to make some friends and some accountabili-buddies along the way because I know I can't do it alone! Thanks all :)

I also want to lose near your amount but 50 lbs and near your date but July instead. The thing which makes it complicated is that I'm 3.5 months postpartum and breastfeeding. I hope I cam do this..good luck to you.
  • rdjrneace
    rdjrneace Posts: 1 Member
    I would love to have some "buddies to help me. I will be 55 in July and prior to 2 weeks ago I was at my heaviest. I want to loose about 70-80 pounds. I too have a wonderful husband that has said nothing about my weight however I am not doing this for him or my kids/grandkids but for ME. I am ready and I plan on being in a 2 piece swimsuit by summer.

I would love some new friends to help me.