share your tiny victories!

I think that our little day-to-day achievements are just as good to share and be proud of as our large achievements. If I didn't celebrate my 'tiny victories' each day as I lost weight, I don't know if I would've gotten to where I am today (about 33 pounds down)!

My latest tiny victories include not late night snacking for the past few nights, hitting the gym pretty consistently and staying under my calorie goal since Monday. What are yours?!

Replies

• bri170lb
    bri170lb Posts: 1,375 Member
    I share your philosophy about tiny victories. I spent years and years focused on every tiny failure and felt a constant sense of guilt about food. I just can't do that to myself any more.

This week:
    I stayed at my calorie goal, 4 days in a row so far.
    I exercised every day, 3 days in a row.
    I got up early to go to a Zumba class, even though I tried really hard to talk myself into sleeping in.
    I made a decision to be brave and do have the courage to follow through on my goals this week.
  • jaimemeredith
    jaimemeredith Posts: 30 Member
    bri170lb wrote: »
    I share your philosophy about tiny victories. I spent years and years focused on every tiny failure and felt a constant sense of guilt about food. I just can't do that to myself any more.

This week:
    I stayed at my calorie goal, 4 days in a row so far.
    I exercised every day, 3 days in a row.
    I got up early to go to a Zumba class, even though I tried really hard to talk myself into sleeping in.
    I made a decision to be brave and do have the courage to follow through on my goals this week.

that's awesome! I can totally relate about the talking yourself into sleeping in. Whenever I set an earlier alarm to work out, my sleepy brain convinces me to hit snooze. Good for you!!
  • AddieOverhaul
    AddieOverhaul Posts: 734 Member
    For the past three days I have gotten off the bus one stop early before work to get some extra steps in (and hit my 10,000 step goal yesterday!). I also have been going for walks on my lunch break almost every day as well.
  • jaimemeredith
    For the past three days I have gotten off the bus one stop early before work to get some extra steps in (and hit my 10,000 step goal yesterday!). I also have been going for walks on my lunch break almost every day as well.

that's awesome! I love adding little ways to get my steps in...I've been trying to park farther away from my office. Every step counts :)
  • kirstinlee
    kirstinlee Posts: 152 Member
    I had to buy new work pants last week, the day after I started logging, and they were out of my size. I had to buy a size down, so they were like sausage casings on me. Had days off, and assumed the weight I lost in between was all water weight... but when I put them on this Morning, they weren't nearly as tight. Still tight, but I could actually breathe in them. Felt good considering I had already attributed all of my weight lost to water -- wasn't even considering whether or not I lost actual weight.
  • Meganthedogmom
    Meganthedogmom Posts: 1,639 Member
    I've stayed under my calorie goal 4 days in a row.
    I've exercised in some form every day for the past 9 days!
  • liftrunrepeat
    liftrunrepeat Posts: 23 Member
    I like this, as I tend to focus on small failures.

I've stayed within my calorie budget since and gotten in an hour of activity since Monday.

• smzande
    smzande Posts: 160 Member
    Made a better choice this afternoon for my snack. Had an apple instead of potato chips. It's not my cheat day so I resisted. Plus my scale was down this morning, and I'd like to keep it that way.
  • jaimemeredith
    kirstinlee wrote: »
    I had to buy new work pants last week, the day after I started logging, and they were out of my size. I had to buy a size down, so they were like sausage casings on me. Had days off, and assumed the weight I lost in between was all water weight... but when I put them on this Morning, they weren't nearly as tight. Still tight, but I could actually breathe in them. Felt good considering I had already attributed all of my weight lost to water -- wasn't even considering whether or not I lost actual weight.

that's so great! even when they're still tight I love feeling like I made some progress.
  • jaimemeredith
    I've stayed under my calorie goal 4 days in a row.
    I've exercised in some form every day for the past 9 days!

that's impressive! what kind of workouts do you do? I find it hard to work out every day, I usually end up doing 5 days a week.
  • jaimemeredith
    I like this, as I tend to focus on small failures.

I've stayed within my calorie budget since and gotten in an hour of activity since Monday.

it's so easy to focus on the small fails but much more fulfilling to focus on the tiny victories. :) that's really good! you have me beat. I couldn't work out Tuesday and went over my calorie budget today - hoping to even it out tonight with an intense workout though!

• katieclon
    katieclon Posts: 43 Member
    I went out to eat with my dad tonight, and I ordered a salad! I've literally never EVER gotten a salad at a restaurant. I always would order something super calorie-filled like pasta.
  • avatiach
    avatiach Posts: 291 Member
    No sugar today!
  • jaimemeredith
    katieclon wrote: »
    I went out to eat with my dad tonight, and I ordered a salad! I've literally never EVER gotten a salad at a restaurant. I always would order something super calorie-filled like pasta.

way to go!!
  • jaimemeredith
    avatiach wrote: »
    No sugar today!

woah not sure if I can manage that one. nice work!
  • grace42d
    grace42d Posts: 156 Member
    Decided to keep trying to reach my goal - that is my small victory!
  • Slashnl
    Slashnl Posts: 335 Member
    Went running last night at the gym. Even though the parking lot was full. Even though I really just wanted to go home and sit on my couch.

Like this thread!
  • shaunmac997
    shaunmac997 Posts: 12 Member
    10lbs in the 14 days, and the best part is ive not done keto this time :smile: . normally i do keto, feel like *kitten* and drop maybe 15-20lbs in the first two weeks, but thats all water. just calorie watching and having whatever i want. yayyy
  • KareninLux
    KareninLux Posts: 1,413 Member
    edited January 2016
    Walked to AND from work today - 12 kms total. Workin' on a good calorie deficit for a Friday! Yay.
  • happypenguin13
    happypenguin13 Posts: 19 Member
    I love this thread!

My small victory is that I made an effort everyday to walk up and down the stairs a few times during my lunch break just to get in additional activity. Even though it made me feel tremendously out of shape I did it and so glad that I was able to accomplish it 5 days in a row.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!