Keep gaining weight

I'm 164cm and 67 kg

My diary is open for viewing. I don't eat any flour or sugar, and I weigh everything I eat. I did not deviate from the foods I logged at all. Absolutely not. All of my recipes were homemade by me and added exactly according to nutritional labels on the packages. I weighed and measured absolutely everything. I've gained 6kg in the past 8 months and cannot get rid. The 1 day I will lose 100g just to pick it up again the next week. I'm so frustrated

Replies

• juggernaut1974
    juggernaut1974 Posts: 6,212 Member
    edited January 2016
    You say you weigh everything you eat, which I'll take you at your word for.

But your logging in your diary doesn't reflect that.

Many entries in your diary "1 patty", "1 piece", "2 wings", "1 slice" etc. Also, most of the ones that are logged in grams or mL are round numbers. I find it hard to believe that every time you have scrambled eggs, you have exactly 100g. Every drink comes to an exact round number of cups. An accurate diary usually looks like: Eggs 104.5 grams, Coca cola 482 mL etc.
  • MrsGreco
    MrsGreco Posts: 134 Member
    This same post Word for word was just posted by another member. Did you copy from his post or is this a legit post?
  • juggernaut1974
    juggernaut1974 Posts: 6,212 Member
    MrsGreco wrote: »
    This same post Word for word was just posted by another member. Did you copy from his post or is this a legit post?

? Are you talking to me?
  • Corneliav529
    Corneliav529 Posts: 13 Member

Many entries in your diary "1 patty", "1 piece" etc. Also, most of the ones that are logged in grams or mL are round numbers. I find it hard to believe that every time you have scrambled eggs, you have exactly 100g. Every drink comes to an exact round number of cups. An accurate diary usually looks like: Eggs 104.5 grams, Coca cola 482 mL etc.

Yes some if the stuff us difficult to weight as the application does not allow me to change the measurement. Like the patty it only gives me the option of a patty without the option of grams. And the eggs is about 66 gr per egg. Do you think that that small difference can be my problem?
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member

Many entries in your diary "1 patty", "1 piece" etc. Also, most of the ones that are logged in grams or mL are round numbers. I find it hard to believe that every time you have scrambled eggs, you have exactly 100g. Every drink comes to an exact round number of cups. An accurate diary usually looks like: Eggs 104.5 grams, Coca cola 482 mL etc.

Yes some if the stuff us difficult to weight as the application does not allow me to change the measurement. Like the patty it only gives me the option of a patty without the option of grams. And the eggs is about 66 gr per egg. Do you think that that small difference can be my problem?

If the foods you're eating don't allow you to change the measurement, then you can create an entry that does. For example: I see the package tells me that "1 Patty" is 100 grams. I would then create an entry that divided the nutritional value for that "1 patty" by 100 and use my serving size as "1 gram." That way, when I weighed a patty that was 108 grams, I could adjust it. Does that make sense?

And yes, differences between the package weight and the actual weight can absolutely add up to weight on the scale. Someone posted an example here a couple of days ago where a difference between the package value and the weighed value was 450 calories for just three servings.
  • hurricaneemly
    hurricaneemly Posts: 23 Member

Absolutely!
  • Corneliav529

If the foods you're eating don't allow you to change the measurement, then you can create an entry that does. For example: I see the package tells me that "1 Patty" is 100 grams. I would then create an entry that divided the nutritional value for that "1 patty" by 100 and use my serving size as "1 gram." That way, when I weighed a patty that was 108 grams, I could adjust it. Does that make sense?

And yes, differences between the package weight and the actual weight can absolutely add up to weight on the scale. Someone posted an example here a couple of days ago where a difference between the package value and the weighed value was 450 calories for just three servings.

Thank you I am definitely going to do that. Most of the days I struggle to get to 1200. Is it ok?
  • janejellyroll

Thank you I am definitely going to do that. Most of the days I struggle to get to 1200. Is it ok?

If you begin measuring your food accurately, you might see that you are exceeding 1,200. It's really common for people to think they are at a certain goal, be confused as to why they aren't seeing results, and then (after beginning weighing food) realizing they were eating more than they think.

I was losing and gaining the same five pounds over and over again until I began weighing food.
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member

You may find weighing your food correctly and struggling to get to 1200 will not be an issue anymore.
  • Rdsgoal16
    Rdsgoal16 Posts: 302 Member
    Pretty detailed logging, I do see alcohol throughout the last week. Didn't go back much further. Possible delay in loss? Good luck
  • MrsGreco
    MrsGreco Posts: 134 Member
    edited January 2016
    MrsGreco wrote: »

? Are you talking to me?

@juggernaut1974 No, the guy that posted that he was "eating only 1200 avg a day and not losing any weight" had the exact same verbiage at this. Wasn't sure if this post was a spam type post or not. Guess it's not :)
  • Corneliav529
    Thank you
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,843 Member
    It looks like you are using a lot of user-generated entries rather than system entries. Here are some system entries for food you ate Monday:

Tomatoes, red, ripe, raw, year round average
    Watermelon, raw

You can go to http://ndb.nal.usda.gov/ndb/foods/ and find the correct search string that MFP uses.

However, it looks like the system entries that should be "Cucumber, peeled, raw" and "Beans, snap, green, raw" are currently missing.

I too am skeptical about all those round numbers. I shoot for 100 g of broccoli per serving and have to work at it by cutting off chunks and putting them back in the bag. I can't see doing this for cucumber, etc. But all your vegetables are round numbers.
  • Corneliav529
    kshama2001 wrote: »
    It looks like you are using a lot of user-generated entries rather than system entries. Here are some system entries for food you ate Monday:

Watermelon, raw

You can go to http://ndb.nal.usda.gov/ndb/foods/ and find the correct search string that MFP uses.

However, it looks like the system entries that should be "Cucumber, peeled, raw" and "Beans, snap, green, raw" are currently missing.

I too am skeptical about all those round numbers. I shoot for 100 g of broccoli per serving and have to work at it by cutting off chunks and putting them back in the bag. I can't see doing this for cucumber, etc. But all your vegetables are round numbers.

JA I try to keep it at close to 100g as o can. Must say the broccoli was frozen so i was not sure if the real weight is 100g
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,843 Member
    kshama2001 wrote: »

Watermelon, raw

JA I try to keep it at close to 100g as o can. Must say the broccoli was frozen so i was not sure if the real weight is 100g

ALL your vegetables are round numbers.
  • Corneliav529
    Are the alcohol a problem? Even if I stay under 1200?
  • janejellyroll

I lost weight while drinking alcohol, many people here did. The trick is to make sure you are tracking it accurately and logging the calories.
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member

I lost weight while drinking alcohol, many people here did. The trick is to make sure you are tracking it accurately and logging the calories.

Yep, me too! I love beer and have had one almost every evening.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JVjWPclrWVY
  • Corneliav529
    I scan the bar code on the bottle. Is it trustworthy?