Detox Question

Replies

• Moya6512
    Moya6512 Posts: 53 Member
    kshama2001 wrote: »
    Moya6512 wrote: »
    GRILLZGIRL wrote: »
    Uh detox products have LAXATIVES in them, that's why people poop........................just no

Not products, just earth grown food. You know, the stuff that didn't come out of a cows boob or a factory.

I'm all for avoiding meat and dairy that comes from factory farms, but please use the term "udder" rather than "boob." Babies don't come from "Mommy's stomach" and cows' milk doesn't come from "cows' boobs."

Boob isn't the correct term either, so obviously I wasn't going in for the win for grammer. But thanks

• GRILLZGIRL
    GRILLZGIRL Posts: 32 Member
    Uh detox products have LAXATIVES in them, that's why people poop........................just no

Not products, just earth grown food. You know, the stuff that didn't come out of a cows boob or a factory.

Cow's boob!! Ha good one. :)
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,843 Member
    kshama2001 wrote: »

I'm all for avoiding meat and dairy that comes from factory farms, but please use the term "udder" rather than "boob." Babies don't come from "Mommy's stomach" and cows' milk doesn't come from "cows' boobs."

Boob isn't the correct term either, so obviously I wasn't going in for the win for grammer. But thanks

I wasn't nitpicking your grammar, but correcting your terminology. You can't make a good case against drinking milk by starting with "cow's boobs." Also, do you object to all cows' milk, or just that which comes from factory farms?
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Here's why we are all on here, trying to compare tips and tricks and low carb recipes and cheats and the list goes on. A dieting cycle that seems to never end. Why because we aren't eating naturally as we were intended. The food industry doesn't care about our health, and the health industry doesn't care about our food. I've never heard a doctor suggest a juice fast ... but I have been offered pills that "curb my appetite" or even surgery! $$$ I do not think that detoxing and giving your body a break from years of damage is wrong. Then you can just eat healthy and exercise after you have reset your body. Oh and you the person saying only drug addicts need a detox, research the comparison of cocaine to sugar !!

The juicing and "detox" industry doesn't care about your health. They care about your money. If you're going to mistrust the food industry and the health industry because they're in it for money, you should be very skeptical of the juicing and "detox" industry as well.

Can you even explain what toxins you're supposedly removing from your body by skipping food?
  • 3bambi3
    3bambi3 Posts: 1,650 Member
    Here's why we are all on here, trying to compare tips and tricks and low carb recipes and cheats and the list goes on. A dieting cycle that seems to never end. Why because we aren't eating naturally as we were intended. The food industry doesn't care about our health, and the health industry doesn't care about our food. I've never heard a doctor suggest a juice fast ... but I have been offered pills that "curb my appetite" or even surgery! $$$ I do not think that detoxing and giving your body a break from years of damage is wrong. Then you can just eat healthy and exercise after you have reset your body. Oh and you the person saying only drug addicts need a detox, research the comparison of cocaine to sugar !!

So you can't actually name a toxin that your body needs detoxing from.

Why does my body need a break, and from what?

Also, how is juicing natural? How is removing fiber and nutrients from foods and then drinking them a better alternative than just eating them?
  • Moya6512
    edited January 2016
    I wasn't nitpicking your grammar, but correcting your terminology. You can't make a good case against drinking milk by starting with "cow's boobs." Also, do you object to all cows' milk, or just that which comes from factory farms?

Oh OK. It's intended to nurture their young. Not ours. So we as humans produce milk to nurture our children only to then, extract another species milk and toss it in a bowl of cheerios when they're 2. Doesn't make since to me, and it's wrong on a lot of levels. Calcium is found in plenty of vegetables, and for good reason.
  • sullus
    sullus Posts: 2,839 Member
    edited January 2016

Oh OK. It's intended to nurture their young. Not ours. So we as humans produce milk to nurture our children only to then, extract another species milk and toss it in a bowl of cheerios when they're 2. Doesn't make since to me, and it's wrong on a lot of levels. Calcium is found in plenty of vegetables, and for good reason.

Since I can see in your diary that you eat McDonald's Chicken Nuggets, I can safely assume you are not vegan. Does your aversion to milk extend to yogurt, sour cream, ice cream, butter, and cheese as well? Or does some form of processing milk remove the woo from it?
  • Soulflwr
    Soulflwr Posts: 49 Member
    edited January 2016
    The digestive process requires a lot of energy, which is why we get sleepy after eating a large meal. Supposedly fasting allows for that energy to be utilized more efficiently in repairing the body. There have been published studies on the effects of intermittent fasting on mice, and there are plenty of "unofficial" studies of short and long term fasting on humans. Take what you will from the latter. According to what has been published so far, there is some merit to minimizing your food intake over short periods of time if the focus is on cellular repair and not just losing weight of course.
  • QueenKristine77
    QueenKristine77 Posts: 67 Member
    queenliz99 wrote: »
    htimpaired wrote: »
    The main part of juicing to detox is more than just weight loss, it literally resets your appetite, taste, cravings, mood, energy, mindset. It's amazing to give your body a rest from digesting meats and other toxic chemicals. There is no sensible reason people should be on here telling you not to drink veggies and fruit, it's absurd how brainwashed the food industry has us all.

When did meat become a toxic chemical?
    What other toxic chemicals are you referring to? And how to drinking veggies in juice help this process? Juicing takes away a lot of the fiber than is helpful for the best "detox" I know-pooping.

I pooped more on my juice fast than I ever did eating meat, which stays inside your system much longer. Toxins?! Research what they really do to the meat we eat. What drinking fruits and veggies does is provide our cells with adequate nutrition, quality over quantity, while at the same time giving our system a break. Ever did a colon cleanse?... you'll see our liver does a great job...but there is still at least 5lb of bullcrap in your body due to the toxic foods we eat.

The 80's is calling they want their misinformation back!!

hahaha, that was a good one! I totally agree.

• TheBeachgod
    TheBeachgod Posts: 825 Member
    This thread. So. much. fail.

maxresdefault.jpg
  • Moya6512
    Yes. I'm on a journey to becoming vegan. Starting with juicing. So I come on here looking for conscious people who will help inspire. Instead I get people who say I'm misinformed because eating dead flesh and other species milk is the way to go. And that juicing is just a fad. Our countries health is doomed.
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Yes. I'm on a journey to becoming vegan. Starting with juicing. So I come on here looking for conscious people who will help inspire. Instead I get people who say I'm misinformed because eating dead flesh and other species milk is the way to go. And that juicing is just a fad. Our countries health is doomed.

Get back to us in one year and tell us how you are doing.
  • sullus
    sullus Posts: 2,839 Member

I dunno about a fad, but juicing is on my list of bad ideas. "Let's take most of the useful stuff out of the fruit/veg and try to only consume the sugar in it."

Nice way to misrepresent peoples points too. Nobody's said its the only way to go. They're just pointing out that your fear-mongering is ridiculous.
  • htimpaired
    htimpaired Posts: 1,404 Member

You should've stopped right there. This is a cycle that never ends....because people still buy into the diet industries' sales pitches about things such as detoxes and toxins. You've never heard a doctor recommend a juice cleanse because there is no scientific evidence supporting their efficacy.
  • Wetcoaster
    Wetcoaster Posts: 1,789 Member
    htimpaired wrote: »
    The main part of juicing to detox is more than just weight loss, it literally resets your appetite, taste, cravings, mood, energy, mindset. It's amazing to give your body a rest from digesting meats and other toxic chemicals. There is no sensible reason people should be on here telling you not to drink veggies and fruit, it's absurd how brainwashed the food industry has us all.

When did meat become a toxic chemical?
    What other toxic chemicals are you referring to? And how to drinking veggies in juice help this process? Juicing takes away a lot of the fiber than is helpful for the best "detox" I know-pooping.

I pooped more on my juice fast than I ever did eating meat, which stays inside your system much longer. Toxins?! Research what they really do to the meat we eat. What drinking fruits and veggies does is provide our cells with adequate nutrition, quality over quantity, while at the same time giving our system a break. Ever did a colon cleanse?... you'll see our liver does a great job...but there is still at least 5lb of bullcrap in your body due to the toxic foods we eat.

Oh my goodness you dont know what you are talking about.
  • htimpaired
    htimpaired Posts: 1,404 Member
    sullus wrote: »

Since I can see in your diary that you eat McDonald's Chicken Nuggets, I can safely assume you are not vegan. Does your aversion to milk extend to yogurt, sour cream, ice cream, butter, and cheese as well? Or does some form of processing milk remove the woo from it?[/quote

It's ok, there's some all natural as found on earth morning star farms veggie patties and a dunkin donuts sandwich to off-set the McD's.
  • Moya6512
    edited January 2016
    You should've stopped right there. This is a cycle that never ends....because people still buy into the diet industries' sales pitches about things such as detoxes and toxins. You've never heard a doctor recommend a juice cleanse because there is no scientific evidence supporting their efficacy.

There's no fad about fasting. It has been done since ancient times and a lot of western medicine and eating habits are killing us, so I don't expect a doctor to recommend something that may lessen your visits to his/her office.

• Equus5374
    Equus5374 Posts: 462 Member
    Your digestive system needs no more of a "break" from doing its job than your heart needs a break from beating.
  • Of_Monsters_and_Meat
    Of_Monsters_and_Meat Posts: 1,022 Member

You can just be Vegan you know? I don't think anyone is giving you a hard time about what food you want to eat. If you think the juice cleanse is going to give you some spiritual connection to earth, then honestly that is great and a good reason to do it. Remember you are on a weight loss message board run by people who make underwear.
This discussion has been closed.