Fitbit tracker.

Hey guys.

I just got my Fitbit today and synced it to MFP and did my normal workout.

I was on the treadmill for 35 minutes and it said I burned 357 cals. When I synced it after my workout it still shows 0 for exercise. I'm really confused. Before I had a Fitbit and I had to manually log my exercise on the MFP website it would always show exercise, why doesn't it with the Fitbit? I just need it explained to me I think because I'm so confused.

:\

Replies

• ralandon89
    ralandon89 Posts: 17 Member
    edited January 2016
    I'm not sure what fitbit you have, but I have the charge HR. When I exercise, I have to hold down the button on the side and then it'll start recording how long I'm exercising. When I'm done, I push the button again. Hope that helps!
  • xmaplegunmanx
    xmaplegunmanx Posts: 47 Member
    ralandon89 wrote: »
    I'm not sure what fitbit you have, but I have the charge HR. When I exercise, I have to hold down the button on the side and then it'll start recording how long I'm exercising. When I'm done, I push the button again. Hope that helps!

I have the charge! :) I did do that with mine before I worked out. :( It said I was on there for 35 mins and burned 223 but the treadmill said 357... 100 cal difference! But I figure Fitbit doesn't account for incline? Since I had it jacked up to 10 for half the workout. I'm mostly confused about the adjustment part. Should I manually log my exercises?
  • nurseann7161
    nurseann7161 Posts: 1 Member
    I was wondering if I should log my exercise as well when I wear my fitbit charge hr
  • lax75
    lax75 Posts: 118 Member
    I'm still learning my way around my new ChargeHR as well. It doesn't do everything but the info it does generate I have found useful and acceptably accurate - I'm more interested in trends than absolutes. I don't ever use the calorie ##s on gym equipment, but from reading other posts it seems to me that generally people find that those tend to be the least accurate source.

Since FB uses the HR as part of the calculation of calorie burn, as I understand it, the incline would in fact have been reflected b/c it would have affected your FB HR#.
  • Lutielu
    Lutielu Posts: 188 Member
    What I've noticed with my Fitbit is a little delayed in syncing with mfp. Usually after I log in to both it usually takes about 15 minutes to show up on mfp.
  • StacyChrz
    StacyChrz Posts: 865 Member
    I have the Charge. I have found that although I have it linked to MFP that it only adjusts my calories but does not add an exercise entry. I have to go on and log an entry then change the calories to zero. I agree that the calorie count on most machines is way off. Fitbit has your age, sex, height and weight while most machines don't ask for much more than your weight.
  • xmaplegunmanx
    xmaplegunmanx Posts: 47 Member
    Thanks guys! My Fitbit doesn't monitor HR so I figure incline isn't being considered but I'm sure it's not a huge difference. I just wanted to figure out why it doesn't show up as an entry I guess it's just how it works? Weird haha. Maybe I'm my working out enough to add more calories like when you log in MFP. (not that I need more, just curious)

Thanks!
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Ignore it for today, as it's only a partial reading of your TDEE. Once it gets used to your movements, you'll start seeing what your actual calories burned and adjustment are.
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    StacyChrz wrote: »
    I have the Charge. I have found that although I have it linked to MFP that it only adjusts my calories but does not add an exercise entry. I have to go on and log an entry then change the calories to zero. I agree that the calorie count on most machines is way off. Fitbit has your age, sex, height and weight while most machines don't ask for much more than your weight.

That isn't recommended, as that 0 overrides what Fitbit says you burned in that time frame. Your Fitbit adjustment is for your total movement throughout the day, not just exercise. You can make a post to your wall that you exercised and how much you burned.