40+ Club : Where the Cool Kids Are

Replies

• kimiuzzell
    kimiuzzell Posts: 611 Member
    Beeps2011 wrote: »
    Switzerland, kimi!! Sounds spectacular !

It's lovely....when the snow is there! My daughter worked there last winter and decided to do it again this year. My son is doing a similar thing in a ski resort in France...We're heading to see him next month for a week. we do love our skiing!!

It makes for a quiet house at home while they are away, then chaos returns at the end of April!!

• NealNH
    NealNH Posts: 106 Member
    kimiuzzell wrote: »
    @NealNH good luck with whatever you do next! Enjoy the change.
    Thanks kimiuzzell.
  • gam3rguy
    gam3rguy Posts: 3,773 Member
    Shoulders=Done!
  • gam3rguy
    Beeps2011 wrote: »
    Switzerland, kimi!! Sounds spectacular!!

Good reporting gam3r...

I don't have a workout today and will go see "the revenant" with my BIL. Tomorrow is cardio. ZOOM!
    thanks. doin' what I do. :) gotta start adding some cardio...maybe mid February. "ZOOM is coming".

• alf1163
    alf1163 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Hey everyone!!!! I got sidetracked from posting. Great to see so many of you working so hard at getting healthy!! Cheers!!!! I've kept up with my exercises, I even did Bikram twice this week! My nutrition has been really good. I am doing IF this week, 16:8. I've done it before with great success but it's a little challenging planning and packing all the food to take with me. I'm still having my issues with my legs. I've been doing done research and I think my main problem is with the peroneal muscles, pinching the nerves. Anyone else had similar problems? I'm massaging the area a lot, foam rolling, it hurts so good! LOL On Tuesday I was told I'm being let go off work in July. I'm in research and I was told they are running out of funds to justify my position. I'm really upset and hurt about it, I've invested almost 10 years (in April) with this department. It is going to be very difficult to find a decent part time job. I work part time to be available for my disabled son. I've seen some positions with the university that interest me but they are full time positions. I'm down but exercise and eating well have helped keep my head up high. It's torture going to work knowing that they are so uncaring. I know they could create a part time job for me under another grant. I have to stay positive.

Hope you have a wonderful weekend!!!!
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,921 Member
    Hi Alf!

Cardio done. ZOOM!
  • gam3rguy
    "Hammer Conditioning"=Done!
  • trentnert
    trentnert Posts: 9 Member
    So in the spirit of accountability, for the last couple of weeks I've been eating well and exercising!

So far I've been getting four days worth of cardio a week (although it is just the cross trainer) and olympic lifting although both have been modified as I have a small tear in my knee - LCL. Bit of a bother, but its getting better!

I suspect training with folks with the mind set of 'eat big, lift big' isn't necessarily the most conducive for dropping weight.. Regardless, my aim is to log everything I stick down my throat for the next three months without missing a day :)

Best of luck all!
  • gam3rguy
    Chest & Tris=Done!
  • nadler64
    nadler64 Posts: 124 Member
    Swim done, run done on this month's virtual Ironman...only 45 miles on the bike to go. I got this. ;)

Happy Monday, all!
  • Beeps2011
    I lifted today. BOOM!
  • Nataliegetfit
    Nataliegetfit Posts: 395 Member
    Alf, so sorry about your job. Hopefully something good will come up between now and summer. At least you know ahead of time, to try to plan and start looking.
    Neil, congrats on the retirement. Good luck on what comes next for you.
    For the beautiful lady in the hat, to easily find this group each time, click on the star until it turns yellow, then that saves it for you. Next time click on the star up above that and it will bring up the subjects that you have saved and you can keep up with them. You may have figured this out already. Good luck with using this site, and just ask anyone for help, most people are very nice and willing to offer help.
    I have been eating pretty good and exercising, just keeping up what I've been doing. Have a great week everyone.
  • NealNH
    NealNH Posts: 106 Member
    Neil, congrats on the retirement. Good luck on what comes next for you.
    I have been eating pretty good and exercising, just keeping up what I've been doing. Have a great week everyone.
    Thanks Natalie and all the best to you in your weight loss journey and in life.
    Neal
  • gam3rguy
    Legs=Done!
  • nadler64
    edited January 2016
    Closing in on the finish line of this month's virtual Ironman. Only 30 bike miles to go. Cranked out 15.1 miles on the trainer this morning, and hot coffee was waiting for me - YES. Who's hungry now?
  • nadler64
    @Gam3rguy, what's "Hammer Conditioning?"
  • algrif37
    algrif37 Posts: 107 Member
    Is it too late to join? 44 yr old here. Trying to years to lose. Every fad diet in the world. Trying to just eat everything in moderation now within my calorie goal!! Tired of restrictive diets. Because clearly they have gotten me nowhere!
  • nadler64
    algrif37 wrote: »
    Is it too late to join? 44 yr old here. Trying to years to lose. Every fad diet in the world. Trying to just eat everything in moderation now within my calorie goal!! Tired of restrictive diets. Because clearly they have gotten me nowhere!

Welcome! Never too late - to join, or to lose. Glad you've seen the light - you'll have much greater success if you accept that the ONLY WAY to lose and keep it off is to make it a permanent lifestyle change. :)
  • gam3rguy
    nadler64 wrote: »
    @Gam3rguy, what's "Hammer Conditioning?"
    it's a total body routine from that "Hammer & Chisel" program. four rounds of two move circuits twice through...very little rest in between.

• Beeps2011
    I lifted toady. Am down another pound since jan. 1. Good.

BOOM!