60lbs to lose by August 20th 2016

Replies

• patsymhill
    patsymhill Posts: 1 Member
    Hi - Can I join in? I have similar time frames/weight to lose. I am in Australia, and have been doing lots of calculations to work out how much every one wants to lose - we have the metric system here. I have just had a complete knee replacement (4.5 weeks ago) so a lot of exercise at this point is a bit difficult, but I am trying!
    Good luck everyone. Also looking forward to seeing wedding photo's in 8 months :)
  • ndweed
    ndweed Posts: 1 Member
    I'm in too! I have 40 lbs I want to lose by the end of May. I started training again for a half marathon at the end of February. Started the PaleoRestart program last week. As of this week I'm down 5 lbs and I'm sure I don't have to tell you how flipping happy that made me. I did go up .2 lbs but I know that is just the flub turning to muscle because my jean fit just a wee bit looser and my muffin top is looking less like a busted can of biscuits.

Just wanted to say how amazing it was to read all the positive messages on this post. Good luck everyone!
  • MomKor
    MomKor Posts: 13 Member
    I would like to join as well. I have about 30lbs to lose. We had a daughter back in 2008 and she passed away due to a heart defect at 4 months. We have since had two very healthy little boys, but I seem to sabotage my weight loss every time I get close to my goal. It's like mentally a piece of her that I can't physically let go of, I know silly. I feel like this is my year though! I am so ready to break these chains and be set free. Please feel free to add me, I want accountability!
  • TKoomen957
    TKoomen957 Posts: 1 Member
    I'll be joining!
  • NewPrashid
    NewPrashid Posts: 2 Member
    Count me in!! We got this !!
  • crabiecrab
    crabiecrab Posts: 14 Member
    My goal is 40lbs by July 7th so I am in with you and would love to have friends to give me encouragement and tell me what works for them. 1 week on this site and down 1.3lbs. I also use the Fit Bit One.
  • WifiresGettingFit
    WifiresGettingFit Posts: 1,773 Member
    I'd like to join too!
    I have 75 pounds to lose. I don't have a specific time frame but having most of it off by August would be a great as my anniversary with my boyfriend and a family vacation are in that month.

I've struggled with my weight since my teens. It's escalated over the past 2 1/2 years as I had started eating out more and had probably gained 30-40 pounds in that time and brought me to my highest weight. It wasn't until a couple weeks ago something clicked and I finally feel like I can make the lifestyle change that I've been trying to make for so long.

I log on every day and check in throughout the day so I'm always around to give support and motivation! Feel free to add me :)
  • kesslemg
    kesslemg Posts: 47 Member
    Hey all! Just outta curiosity, since this thread got so big, I'm wondering where everyone is from :)

I'm currently living on the East Coast, Canada :)

I live in Indiana, USA
  • kesslemg
    I'm in too!! I'm turning 40 on the 14th of June this year and I refuse to be Fat & Forty!! I need all,the help I can get, and I'm happy to motivate new friends along the way.

I just turned 40 in December. I'm on the same mission as you are. I want to make 40 look fabulous!
    628462 Posts: 58 Member
    I turned 40 in April and I am in Albuquerque, New Mexico!
    Please add me!
  • bsbprincess
    bsbprincess Posts: 161 Member
    ndweed wrote: »
    I'm in too! I have 40 lbs I want to lose by the end of May. I started training again for a half marathon at the end of February. Started the PaleoRestart program last week. As of this week I'm down 5 lbs and I'm sure I don't have to tell you how flipping happy that made me. I did go up .2 lbs but I know that is just the flub turning to muscle because my jean fit just a wee bit looser and my muffin top is looking less like a busted can of biscuits.

Just wanted to say how amazing it was to read all the positive messages on this post. Good luck everyone!

I've always been curious about Paleo..... but I know with Atkins.. the lack of carbs AND fruit... well, made my body shut down on me, lol. It also makes me very cranky. Can you eat fruit with Paleo? That is a fantastic loss!! And I gotta say it, you're gorgeous!
    MomKor wrote: »
    I would like to join as well. I have about 30lbs to lose. We had a daughter back in 2008 and she passed away due to a heart defect at 4 months. We have since had two very healthy little boys, but I seem to sabotage my weight loss every time I get close to my goal. It's like mentally a piece of her that I can't physically let go of, I know silly. I feel like this is my year though! I am so ready to break these chains and be set free. Please feel free to add me, I want accountability!

First, I am so sorry for your loss :( One of my old girlfriends lost her son soon after he was born. She struggled for years to have another, so I'm really happy you have had two blessings since :)

As for the sabotage. That really spoke to me. I always do too. I've yo-yod my whole life, but never got to goal.. In 2009 I hit 220, and I was so depressed it kicked me into gear. I lost 60 over a couple years, and kept plateauing. Instead of pushing through and thinking about more than the scale, I so easily gave up. I was working out hard, so I was probably changing my composition even when scale wasn't going down. I was into jeans I can barely pull over my hips now.

I was 161 and my goal has always been 150.. but I felt like I was still so unhappy with my body. Looking back on photos I don't understand that. I looked so much better. Yes, my lower stomach still looked hideous and hung down in those jeans like I've popped out a million kiddies (I have none lol) but I was SO CLOSE. All that meant was I still had body fat, and maybe a bit of loose skin.. But I was SO CLOSE to finding out. To pushing through. To really being comfortable and being able to wear tank tops or bathing suits even. Now I am 187 and going again. Why do we sabotage ourselves?? This morning I was feeling down I've barely lost any weight, but I've lost an inch from the 4th to this past Monday. So why am I getting down? That's the thing I love about Biggest Loser, is sometimes they'll dig when they see something mental is getting in someone's way.

• SueSueDio
    SueSueDio Posts: 4,796 Member
    edited January 2016
    I've lost 6lbs since Tuesday - I am sooo happy right now!! (Pretty sure I pee'd most of it out due to all the water I've been drinking... ;) )

I've been feeling in a pretty good mood too, not depressed about depriving myself of things I love, because I've been trying to find healthier substitutes. I've had alcohol and chocolate this week, and we even went out to a restaurant one night. Like I said, most of it is probably flushing out the water so I don't expect this sort of loss to be a regular thing, but for me it's a wonderful and inspiring boost to start!

I was dancing to the radio yesterday while cooking supper, so my mood has been pretty good the past couple of days. I think perhaps I feel happier because I'm finally doing something for myself. I'm not trying to lose weight for my husband, this is all about ME and how I feel about myself. Maybe I can finally learn to love myself one day. :)
  • bsbprincess
    bsbprincess Posts: 161 Member
    Go @SueSueDio !!!! That is awesome! And yes, loving ourselves first may not be easy, but I think that's key to making these changes. And doing it for us!
  • arkadoosparty
    arkadoosparty Posts: 5 Member
    Late to the game but count me in - I've lost 17lbs since November and 60 would put me at goal!
  • Vic8893
    Vic8893 Posts: 57 Member
    Trying to lose 40 lbs by June 28th for a wedding that I am in! Somewhat of a similar time frame to you. Feel free to add me!
  • Zannabell82
    Zannabell82 Posts: 6 Member
    Hi all!

I've always been a big girl and my weight has always fluctuated. Unfortunately in the last 4 years... Since meeting my wonderful fiance, I've let it go. I got comfy and fat. But I'm no longer comfortable with my size, or who I see in the mirror. I'm wonderfully supported by my man who loves me at any size (thank god) but I'm ready to make a serious change. August 20th 2016 is my wedding day, and I am making it my goal to lose 60lbs by that date.

I'd love to make some friends and some accountabili-buddies along the way because I know I can't do it alone! Thanks all :)

I'm the same way. I'd love to join you on your journey! Let's do this thing!

• VivaPirata
    VivaPirata Posts: 25 Member
    edited January 2016
    I would love to join you all! I have lost around 30lb so far and have another 70 to lose which I'd be really happy to achieve by 16 November, my 21st birthday. To have a good majority of that done by August would be fantastic though! Count me in!

Feel free to add me anybody!
  • aprilwebber
    aprilwebber Posts: 18 Member
    Hey everyone! How have you been making out the last few days?? It's hard to keep up in this thread :P lol
  • kesslemg
    edited January 2016
    I have had a pretty good week. I always struggle on the weekends. With my husband and kids home things are just more difficult and complicated. I have had too much wine which is a normal weekend thing. I don't know how to replace that habit. It's just the relaxation and decadence of it. The fact that football is on doesn't help either. I know it's something that sabatoges me but I can't seem to come up with an alternative.