McDonalds Time!

Hannah_Banana
Hannah_Banana Posts: 1,242 Member
Okay, I don't know if this is really a 'success' but here goes.

I woke up yesterday CRAVING a McDonald's cheeseburger and fries. Since we were going out to a movie, I decided to plan my day so that I could have one. I had a light 180 cal breakfast and planned a light 200 cal dinner so I could go McDonald's crazy. :bigsmile:

I did, and it was DELICIOUS. That marks the first fast food I've had in 8 1/2 months. :noway: I feel no desire to go back and have fast food anytime soon.

It just proves that occasionally, you can indulge in absolute crap and still loose weight. :drinker:

Replies

• Hannah_Banana
    Okay, I don't know if this is really a 'success' but here goes.

I woke up yesterday CRAVING a McDonald's cheeseburger and fries. Since we were going out to a movie, I decided to plan my day so that I could have one. I had a light 180 cal breakfast and planned a light 200 cal dinner so I could go McDonald's crazy. :bigsmile:

I did, and it was DELICIOUS. That marks the first fast food I've had in 8 1/2 months. :noway: I feel no desire to go back and have fast food anytime soon.

It just proves that occasionally, you can indulge in absolute crap and still loose weight. :drinker:
  • Jackie_W
    Jackie_W Posts: 1,676 Member
    feels great don't it :drinker:
  • nothing at all wrong i having a treat every once in a while
    and that you planned it all out,,,gave you something to look forward to.:smile:
  • ChubbyBunny
    ChubbyBunny Posts: 3,523 Member
    Totally agree.
    :flowerforyou:
  • Hannah_Banana
    It was nice to have something to look forward too! I woke up DH at 7:30 in the morning and said 'I want McDonald's today!' I also suggested we go after the movie so that I could look forward to it even longer. :love: :love: :love:

Then I went rock inclining on the coast to work it all off... :laugh:
  • That's really good! I quit eating fast food as well, but you know there are times when I do get a little craving for some. I haven't gave into for awhile but I think one day soon I will as a reward to myself.

I'm glad you enjoyed it! :flowerforyou:
  • AmyNVegas
    AmyNVegas Posts: 2,215 Member
    I think those little and infrequent indulgences are what make this life long instead of a fad. We are in this for the long hall and if we are to be normal people we are going to indulge a little. Isn't it great that you planned for it though instead of just giving in to a craving or binging. Good for you!
    Amy

118984.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Online Calorie Counter
  • Hannah_Banana
    Thanks guys. :blushing: You're all so darn sweet. :wink:
  • iTim__
    iTim__ Posts: 6,823 Member
    I'm not sure if never having McDonald's will make you live longer or if it will just seem like it.

I admire you for planning prior to going to McDonald's and knowing exactly what you'll have. Also for having the self-discipline to make it occasional. Way to go!
  • I do the same thing sometimes. Not nessicerily McDonalds but yeah.
    I try to save calories for occasions where I "cheat" a little.
    It seams to be working to keep me on track,
    to let myself have some "not so good" for me foods that I crave.
    But I keep at the exercise part to stay balanced!

Good for you!

~Mel
  • Jennnnnnnny
    Jennnnnnnny Posts: 373 Member
    oh gosh. i try and be like that but instead i was horrible today :( i ate 2. yes i am admiting it TWO breakfast sandwiches :frown: . i ate alllllll my calories and went negative in my fat almost 25 grams. but to myself feel better i just worked out for an hour and burned over 400 cals. i wish i knew how much fat i burn....but at least i have room for a lite dinner if i get hungry later.

whoops :(
  • amunet07
    amunet07 Posts: 1,245 Member
    Good for you!

yesterday I had a craving for cheesecake... and since I made it to one of my goals I decided I'd get some. I worked out on a higher intensity setting on one my my wii fitness games for 45 minutes and then went to safeway and bought the cutest little 7 oz mini cheese cake and enjoyed it while watching one of my favorite funny movies. It was a great day. :happy:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!