Easy and filling breakfast

Replies

• redfroggie
    redfroggie Posts: 591 Member
    Wow all of this sounds so yummy except for the oatmeal! I can't get past the slimy texture to eat it. It makes me gag EVERY single time :( currently I am loving Chocolate Weetabix (UK) with sliced strawberries and milk.
  • BJPCraig
    BJPCraig Posts: 417 Member
    Going into the summer, I love to occasionally do Alton Brown's "Buff Smoothie," sometimes with a slice of Ezekiel bread and a little peanut butter for extra protein: http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/alton-brown/buff-smoothie-recipe/index.html

The norm for my wife and I is a cup of beans, cereal with fruit & almond/soy milk, and Ezekiel bread toasted w/the peanut butter. Sometimes we replace the cereal with a tofu scramble.

Funny story: We honeymooned in Hawaii, where there are a lot of Japanese tourists. Our hotel had a breakfast buffet that tried to cater to everyone, so my wife & I spend a week having dried fruit, rice, and miso soup for breakfast. One day, we glanced over at the next table to see a Japanese family, their plates piled high with pancakes, donuts, and home fries! They looked at us at the same time, and we all just started laughing.
  • cromick
    cromick Posts: 2
    take muffin pan, add egg beaters and some spinach with a tiny bit of shreaded cheese. fill the cupcake molds about half full. Bake them and then freeze two to a bag (about 175 for 2). They are simple to microwave in the morning and are really good. I add some red hot. I love these...
  • 1crazymom
    1crazymom Posts: 434 Member
    bumping
  • Smiley393
    Smiley393 Posts: 26
    I love oatmeal too! Have you tried adding sliced banana and a tablespoon of natural peanut butter with a little milk? Yummmmmy! :0)
  • abalicious
    abalicious Posts: 361 Member
    I'll usually eat a biscuit, a glass of orange juice, a piece of fruit, 1 cup of plain cheerios with either skim milk or soy milk. It's about 500 something calories but I stay full, plus its only about 1/3 of my daily calories before exercise. Whenever I'm at home I'll eat scrambled eggs, whole wheat english muffin, blueberries, and milk. It's soo delicious.
  • MissingMyOldSelf
    MissingMyOldSelf Posts: 689 Member
    a friend of mine taught me to make an omelet cup with a bell pepper. Take any mixed veggies you'd like, mix an egg or two in your vegetables, pour into pepper cup that's been de-capped, and seeded/ribbed and microwave for approximately 4 minutes. I like to add some lunch meats, hot sauce, spicy mustard, horseradish, some cheese.... whatever sounds good that day, and what ever needs to be eaten out of the fridge before it expires.

The best part is that it's low cal, if you use a lot of veggies, and it's VERY filling, and I rarely need to have a snack before lunch.
  • cecilia4
    cecilia4 Posts: 1
    I am going to try this thanks!!!!
  • AngieM76
    AngieM76 Posts: 622 Member
    bump
  • Schraudt814
    Schraudt814 Posts: 496 Member
    I love those Jimmy Dean D-Lights sandwiches but they tend to have a lot of sodium and preservatives :frown:

I also love Eggo Nutri-Grain LF Waffles with 1/2 cup of heated blueberries on top-- YUM!
    Finally I make a breakfast wrap with a whole grain wrap, 1 scrambled egg+egg white, salsa, and low fat or ff shredded cheese!
  • ilookthetype
    ilookthetype Posts: 3,021 Member
    Hot Rice cereal is an absolute favorite breakfast for me. I add in fruit, yogurt, granola...depending on what my food for the rest of the day looks like (i plan it all out the night before)

http://www.hillbillyhousewife.com/hotricecereal.htm
  • AngieM76
    AngieM76 Posts: 622 Member
    bump
  • staceyseeger
    staceyseeger Posts: 783 Member
    My standard breakfast usually includes 1/2 cup all bran, 1 shredded wheat muffet, 1 cup skim milk and then 1 cup of fruit (usually blueberries or raspberries) sprinkled with lots of cinnamon. Not terribly exciting but it's quick and tasty.

I think we have the same Chef! lol

Not exciting, but don't have to really think about it.
  • tammykoon
    tammykoon Posts: 302 Member
    Bump
  • sweet_t2483
    sweet_t2483 Posts: 37 Member
    bumpity bump for reading later :happy:
  • deannalu89
    deannalu89 Posts: 29
    bUmP!
  • 1aprilaries
    1aprilaries Posts: 92 Member
    I usally do oatmeal or egg whites & turkey bacon. Today i had 2 Eggo Nutri-grain blueberry waffles w/Jell-o sugar/fat free cheesecake pudding & about a cup of sliced strawberries on top. It was so delicious. I found the recipe on this website-somebody had posted it- can't remember who.
  • el_crtss
    el_crtss Posts: 13
    Great ideas!! Thanks! :)
  • I always eat 2 egg whites, Applegate Farms turkey bacon, Cartnation Instant breakfast, orange juice, and 1 or 2 slices of Nature's Own Double Fiber Wheat bread. It usually takes me about 20 mintues to get this all together and I feel full til lunch, no problem!
  • AdorablePanda
    AdorablePanda Posts: 125 Member
    I love english muffins with egg whites and cheese breakfast sandwhich, 1/2 cup of blueberries and 1cup of strawberries and a glass of silk soy milk....mmmm. Easy to make and filling, I am eating that right now.

Oh that sounds delicious!