The Red Squad Fanatics

Replies

• night_watcher
    night_watcher Posts: 825 Member
    Guys, I have Optimum's nutrition whey protein powder in vanilla flavor, because
    1) Here i get very less options of whey protein + flavors.
    2) I dont like the two other flavors its available in (chocolate and strawberry)

The problem is that i have started disliking this vanilla flavor as well, its way too sweet for me. O did i tell you guys that my sweet tooth never grew?

So there a couple of things that i tried with this protein powder, the only thing that i kinda liked(tiny amount of likeness) was with banana, can some one tell me any other recipes for why protein other than making shakes, i literally have started to pinch my nose before i drink mine and i try drinking it in one sip.

I hope everyone weighed in
  • lcuconley
    lcuconley Posts: 734 Member
    edited January 2016
    happy sunday everyone!

@Mrscanmore, your week's plan looks great! Enjoy your run today!!

@FitFabJenny, congrats on your 4.8 pound loss! stay active this week!

@MadAliceNo1 - those fruits and veggies look great! let's use that picture as a reminder for the foods that should be the CENTERPIECE of our food consumption.

@jw574 - hope you are having a great, focused weekend!

@pichu318 - yes, do the classes at the gym. I love them for the comraderie and enthusiasm!

@night_watcher - maybe you could bake with the protein powder?
  • Mrscanmore
    Mrscanmore Posts: 917 Member
    Here is the recipe for the soup. I haven't made it before. I'm thinking of adding a little sausage too.

http://www.chelseasmessyapron.com/crockpot-italian-chicken-quinoa-and-vegetable-soup/

Sam, here's a protein bar rector I'm going to try today. I'll let you know hour it turns out.

http://www.runningwithspoons.com/2014/01/07/soft-and-chewy-protein-granola-bars/
  • 1azteacher
    1azteacher Posts: 3 Member
    My name is Tammy. I'm from Arizona. I always do things at the last minute. Bad habit. I teach English to eighth graders.
  • 1azteacher
    1azteacher Posts: 3 Member
    I'm having a hard time navigating this site. I think I filled out the weigh in form correctly, but am not sure. Help
  • jw574
    jw574 Posts: 29 Member
    @Icuconley Happy Sunday to you too! I am mostly staying focused this weekend;) Hope you are too!
    @Mrscanmore the soup looks awesome! I think I might have to try it this week!
    @night_watcher I feel your pain. I can't have dairy so whey protein doesn't work for me. I have had a hard time finding a protein powder that I like also.
  • MadAliceNo1
    MadAliceNo1 Posts: 16 Member
    How is everyone on their weigh in?
    I think i did pretty well this week.
    Lost more than expected XD
  • night_watcher
    night_watcher Posts: 825 Member
    1azteacher wrote: »
    I'm having a hard time navigating this site. I think I filled out the weigh in form correctly, but am not sure. Help

yes you weighed in correctly :) if you have any question at all just inbox me dear
  • Mrscanmore
    Wow! We did great. Way to go team Red!
  • cathyd1000
    cathyd1000 Posts: 60 Member
    Mrscanmore wrote: »
    Here is the recipe for the soup. I haven't made it before. I'm thinking of adding a little sausage too.

http://www.chelseasmessyapron.com/crockpot-italian-chicken-quinoa-and-vegetable-soup/

Sam, here's a protein bar rector I'm going to try today. I'll let you know hour it turns out.

http://www.runningwithspoons.com/2014/01/07/soft-and-chewy-protein-granola-bars/

Thanks for the recipes. It's finally cooling down enough here in Florida, to have soup. This sounds really good.
  • FitFabJenny
    FitFabJenny Posts: 26 Member
    Monday's daily challenge is eating a healthy breakfast, so I thought I'd do a quick post about what has quickly become my FAVORITE weekday breakfast: pumpkin pie overnight oats.

At night I put 1/4 cup steel cut oats, 1/4 cup pumpkin puree, 1/4 cup almond/soy milk and a tsp each of pumpkin pie spice and maple syrup for sweetness into a mason jar and let sit. In the morning I have the most delicious cold oats for breakfast - no cooking required! If you like pumpkin pie, this is literally as close as you can get to eating it for breakfast while remaining on-track. I just wish it had a bit more protein - i might experiment with adding vanilla protein powder and see how that tastes!!
  • MadAliceNo1
    edited January 2016

We are doing great everyone! We are in first place, how does that feel to you? in % loss and pound loss! The Yellow is really close to us at the moment. Let's show that we are unbeatable and will keep going till the end :D If you haven't done so good last week try better this week~ It's not too late to do better. I wish everyone good luck this week <3

"Push yourself, no one is going to do it for you"

My breakfast was just another typical Irish breakfast XD
    (I love potatoes♥)
    Had a really long jog, My legs feel kinda sore but it's just a sign of strength for me ^^
  • MadAliceNo1
    Wow! We did great. Way to go team Red!

Yes we did <3 Let's do even better this week!
    You With me?
  • Mrscanmore
    I didn't show a loss last week because I went up before we actually started! But I had a really good week last week and am working hard again this week! I had my usual banana protein smoothie for breakfast today. I made the protein bars that I posted. They are good, and definitely healthier than store bought! The soup I posted was really good too :smile:
  • jw574
    jw574 Posts: 29 Member
    Monday's daily challenge is eating a healthy breakfast, so I thought I'd do a quick post about what has quickly become my FAVORITE weekday breakfast: pumpkin pie overnight oats.

At night I put 1/4 cup steel cut oats, 1/4 cup pumpkin puree, 1/4 cup almond/soy milk and a tsp each of pumpkin pie spice and maple syrup for sweetness into a mason jar and let sit. In the morning I have the most delicious cold oats for breakfast - no cooking required! If you like pumpkin pie, this is literally as close as you can get to eating it for breakfast while remaining on-track. I just wish it had a bit more protein - i might experiment with adding vanilla protein powder and see how that tastes!!

I love just about anything pumpkin spice. Definitely going to try this!
  • lcuconley
    lcuconley Posts: 734 Member
    Good morning all. Great job last week! Go pichu and madalice! Let's do it again! What is everyone's plan for the week? I am headed to the gym to lift after I fold a bit of laundry.

@MadAliceNo1 I love potatoes, too. Made shepherds pie for dinner last night. I was really surprised when I put in the recipe how low cal it was. (For one serving...sometimes stopping is an issue!).

@FitFabJenny Those oats sound great! I have some pumpkin left over from Sunday's pancakes....perfect!
  • Mrscanmore
    I went for my long run this morning. For my extra KM, I'm walking to work and back. It has been so cold here lately that I haven't been able to walk, but today it finally warmed up a bit. It is nice to already be at my step goal and the day has hardly begun :smiley:
  • MadAliceNo1
    I went for my long run this morning. For my extra KM, I'm walking to work and back. It has been so cold here lately that I haven't been able to walk, but today it finally warmed up a bit. It is nice to already be at my step goal and the day has hardly begun :smiley:

Good Job! Keep it going!
  • cathyd1000
    cathyd1000 Posts: 60 Member
    edited January 2016
    We are doing great! Keep up the good work everyone!
This discussion has been closed.