Fitness tracker devices

I really want to get one of those trackers that track expended calories and so forth, but I always see that it connects to mobile phones or something to do with android. Are there any where you don't need a phone to use it?

Replies

• ElizabethOakes2
    ElizabethOakes2 Posts: 1,038 Member
    There are a few out there that connect to your pc- Jawbone, I believe, has a PC app that connects via bluetooth. I've been doing a lot of research on them, but since I swim and walk, I want one that will do both. I'm picky.
  • Linzon
    Linzon Posts: 294 Member
    I know the Fitbit Flex, which I have, comes with a device you can plug into your computer's USB port for syncing. Presumably the other types come with it as well but I don't know for sure.
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    CharlieBeansmomTracey Posts: 7,682 Member
    edited January 2016
    I have the fitbit charge HR and you can connect it to pc with the wireless dongle it comes with or if you have windows 10,the people at fitbit told me that you can connect it through computers that run windows 10. not sure how they do that though.
  • mrtastybutt
    mrtastybutt Posts: 87 Member
    I have the fitbit flex and connect it to my mac. I'm running OS X Yosemite 10.10.5
  • larali1980
    larali1980 Posts: 162 Member
    edited January 2016
    I have a Polar watch that has a strap that goes around your chest which sends a signal to the watch. It is pretty cool although I'm technology-impaired and I am not quite sure how to use it to its full potential. But I believe there is a way you can upload your data to the computer.

I've only used it a couple of times yet but I plan on using it more this year. It tracks your heart rate and calories burned. It is pretty awesome for that.
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    CharlieBeansmomTracey Posts: 7,682 Member
    larali1980 wrote: »
    I have a Polar watch that has a strap that goes around your chest which sends a signal to the watch. It is pretty cool although I'm technology-impaired and I am not quite sure how to use it to its full potential. But I believe there is a way you can upload your data to the computer.

I've only used it a couple of times yet but I plan on using it more this year. It tracks your heart rate and calories burned. It is pretty awesome for that.

a lot of the polar watches has an uploading dock thingy(not sure of the accurate name) that you use to upload date to the pc but its sold separately. I have a polar FT7 too and still havent got the docking thingy
  • Merkavar
    Merkavar Posts: 3,081 Member
    My Fitbit has a Bluetooth connection to my PC, I don't use it cause I have a phone.
  • Dnarules
    Dnarules Posts: 2,081 Member
    Merkavar wrote: »
    My Fitbit has a Bluetooth connection to my PC, I don't use it cause I have a phone.

My fitbit one syncs to my PC (Bluetooth connection) and my phone. So I have both options.

• beatyfamily1
    beatyfamily1 Posts: 257 Member
    Thanks a lot. I'll check those out.
  • manderson27
    manderson27 Posts: 3,510 Member
    I have a fitbit zip which is the most basic. Wear it every day clipped to my bra and it counts steps. distance and calories. It has a dongle that plugs into my laptop and syncs with MFP, shows dashboard with all the stats on it. Also has a community similar to MFP I love it.
  • shirleyursula01
    shirleyursula01 Posts: 6 Member
    They are so many out there. I have a Fitbit Charge for 2 yrs. I love it. It has a Bluetooth connection to my PC. But I just received for Xmas a Peak Basis. It monitor my heart rate which my Fitbit Charge do not. It all depends on the individual style.

I hope this help.
  • ZBuffBod
    ZBuffBod Posts: 297 Member
    I love my FitBit Charge HR which does monitor heart rate. Syncs to phone and PC. I think the same can be said of all the FitBit products...syncs to both.
  • rlpomeroy
    rlpomeroy Posts: 601 Member
    Garmin Vivosmart HR here. I don't have a smartphone either. It come with a charging cradle/usb cable to upload data to my PC.
  • tweetsmom
    tweetsmom Posts: 31 Member
    If you are not going to use it with a phone, might I suggest that you sync throughout the day so you can still monitor your progress. It's not going to motivate you if you're just plugging it in at night to see what you've done. You need to see it throughout the day to motivate you to do more to meet your goals!
  • licb5167
    licb5167 Posts: 12 Member
    I started out with the Fitbit Flex...a few months ago my husband surprised me with the Fitbit Charge HR. You don't need a phone with either one. As others have posted, you use your PC to charge them. I love the Charge HR because it gives you so much more than the Flex. As mentioned already, the Charge HR syncs to both the phone & your PC.
  • wroubs
    wroubs Posts: 19 Member
    I have a Vivofit and you can syncs it with PC, Phone and IPad.