I hate veggies

oh I eat them,but it's not fun. I'd love some suggestions for hiding them in food that doesn't make me gag. Thanks

Replies

• queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Have you tried roasting veggies?
  • cjtgma
    cjtgma Posts: 2 Member
    Roasting helps, but they still taste like veggies
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Cover them in cheese.
  • Tofuli
    Tofuli Posts: 79 Member
    Slowly introduce more of them into your diet, put them in heavily flavoured foods like curry or chilli or blend them into heavily flavoured soups and smoothies. I can't help too much though because I love love love veggies, like basically every single one! But I used to hate them when I was younger..
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,752 Member
    You cannot hate all vegies. There is so many different types, tastes, textures and preparation methods.... It's not like they all taste like boiled brussel sprouts.

Stop telling yourself you don't like them. Try different ones in different ways.
  • Alalai
    Alalai Posts: 16 Member
    I eat most of my vegetables raw in a salad but it does get boring eating salads all the time. I discovered I like cauliflower so I've been adding that to different dishes. I found that if I eat veggie in casseroles or with melted cheese I get used to the taste/texture and and I can add more and more vegetables slowly. I'm still not a big fan but I'm learning. Oh and I'll eat roasted garlic all by itself... Don't plan on kissing anyone any time soon tho if you try that lol
  • BioQueen
    BioQueen Posts: 694 Member
    Try lots of different kinds!

Also, you can hide them. I love veggies, but for breakfast I will make this egg and toast thing where I butter toast, do a over easy egg with cheese on top, but in-between I have sautéed mushrooms and spinach. I seriously can't taste them most of the time.
  • Nikki10129
    Nikki10129 Posts: 292 Member
    Blend them into things, I find spinach an especially nice one to just throw into anything, sure the colour becomes pretty weird but you can't taste it. I'll usually throw a handful in a smoothie
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    You gag from vegetables?
  • YokiLenko
    YokiLenko Posts: 89 Member
    I like trying different dressings. One of my favorites is chipotle ranch dressing and a second in a raspberry vinaigrette. But same with what these guys are saying. If you roast them is a little bit of parmesan or even garlic salt it makes it taste better. Smoothies are also good. I like making a carrot, mango, orange smoothie. The texture is less smooth but the taste is there.

What vegetables ARE you eating?
  • lorib642
    lorib642 Posts: 1,942 Member
    edited January 2016
    This is probably a silly question but do you need to eat vegetables?

OP A lot of people are drinking smoothies with all kinds of ingredients. If you want to eat some veggies I believe you could find some you could tolerate.
  • MelaniaTrump
    MelaniaTrump Posts: 2,694 Member
    Low-sodium v8. I hate veggies too but I can handle swallowing this.
  • kandisn7
    kandisn7 Posts: 66 Member
    I love fresh vegetables in a good soup. I use beef broth, garlic, cabbage, onion, zucchini, carrots, kidney beans, tomatoes, basil, oregano, pepper, and sea salt.
  • lorib642
    lorib642 Posts: 1,942 Member
    kandisn7 wrote: »
    I love fresh vegetables in a good soup. I use beef broth, garlic, cabbage, onion, zucchini, carrots, kidney beans, tomatoes, basil, oregano, pepper, and sea salt.

Can I come over for dinner? :). Sounds good
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    I have a great veggie lasagna recipe. The veggies are roasted, and once you layer them in pasta and smother in cheese, you can't really tell. Although I like most veg, so take that for what it's worth.
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    if you dont like them dont eat them, oh my goodness. just make sure you are getting your nutrients from other sources.
  • vixtris
    vixtris Posts: 688 Member
    ^what she said. I don't like veggies. Well most of them anyways. I'll eat green beans, potatoes, and corn, thats about it. You don't need to eat 'healthy' to lose weight.
  • 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    Don't eat vegetables if you don't want.
  • californiagirl2012
    californiagirl2012 Posts: 2,625 Member
    Try them in different ways and if you still don't like them don't eat them. There are some I don't like, and some that don't agree with my digestion, and some that must be cooked or roasted and seasoned, but life is too short to eat things you don't like. I'm sure glad I like some because I think it's hard to get fiber otherwise, and I like to fill up with veggies in soup or salad, with meat and carbs - yum! I guess you should find a good fiber supplement and some good vitamins.