60lbs to lose by August 20th 2016

Replies

• EllyKann
    EllyKann Posts: 27 Member
    This seems like a great goal...count me in for support and encouragement! Feel free to add!
  • JesusMartinez46
    JesusMartinez46 Posts: 12 Member
    Thank you very much.
  • Saviik
    Saviik Posts: 46 Member
    Hey everyone!! Skimming through I feel I can relate to a lot of you!

I'm getting married in July on our anniversary of 9 years together! My goal is to lose at least 45 more pounds! I've always been heavy and never have reached my goal. Closest I have gotten is within 20 pounds. I'm more motivated this time than I ever have been! It really wasn't the wedding the spurred me into action though. I had a "moment" and just started doing what needed to be done.

I'm pretty busy with my 16 month old son and nursing school. Finding time for myself is hard, but I have decided that it wasn't going to get in my way.

I'm only 4 days in, but I feel great. I'm mainly focusing on exercising at the moment since it has always been my weak point. I got a gym membership and it has really helped me. I don't want to waste my money so I've gone every day! Of course that's not the only reason, but it does help.

I will be counting calories, but I need to decide on how to go about it. It is more time consuming than I expect it to be sometimes. I did have some success by planning ahead so I may try that again.

Add me if you'd like! I would send out friend requests myself, but right now I'm on my phone and it's obnoxious. Tomorrow when I'm on the computer it would be easier!
  • JesusMartinez46
    JesusMartinez46 Posts: 12 Member
    I know what mean about the kids being home. I have four of my five children home this weekend. The wine help me too, not that we.need.a reason. Lol
  • rebuia
    rebuia Posts: 13 Member
    I'm in too!!! Last year I lost 70 pds and have gained 40 back so now I'm on a journey to loose and keep it off this time much support needed!!!
  • SueSueDio
    SueSueDio Posts: 4,796 Member
    Saviik wrote: »
    I will be counting calories, but I need to decide on how to go about it. It is more time consuming than I expect it to be sometimes. I did have some success by planning ahead so I may try that again.

Hi there! I'm finding the calorie-counting to be tedious and time-consuming as well - it feels like I spend more time figuring out what's in each meal than I do eating it, and when I'm hungry it sucks to have to work out what something is going to 'cost' me before it goes in my mouth!

But, I have seen some success this week and that's really encouraging. I think the counting is something I just have to knuckle down and deal with for now, and hopefully over time I'll build up a repertoire of meals that I know I can fit into my plan without worrying too much. I need to retrain my eating habits, and I know that's going to take a lot of effort at the start because I'm lazy, not a good cook, and love sweet things and bread! :) If I can train myself to feel good with smaller portions, or to know what healthy foods I can eat in larger amounts, it should be easier to keep the weight off when I get where I want to be.

I think planning ahead is something I need to do more of, and I'm sure it'll be helpful. For instance, today we had pizza and garlic bread because I hadn't planned anything in advance and that's what the family wanted, but I checked the numbers and was able to fit it in without an issue because I hadn't eaten much during the day. I know that won't always be the case, though, and I should plan out meals for the week so that I don't get into that situation again!

Good luck on your journey, and congratulations on your upcoming wedding! :)

• bsbprincess
    bsbprincess Posts: 161 Member
    Hey everyone! I'm happy to report that since Monday I have LOST 2.4 POUNDS!!! I am sooo happy and so excited to keep going. I've always given up on MFP too early before, but this time I really wanted to do this with calorie counting instead of calculating points or whatever. So after a loss of .5 pounds last week I adjusted my macros a little (and I'm almost always off, BTW lol, oops!) and I decided to not eat my exercise calories since my daily goal is 1500 anyway, I saw a much better loss.

Hope you lovely people are all having a great weekend too :)
  • wolfect
    wolfect Posts: 61 Member
    Anybody weighing in on Monday? Not expecting a big results - but hopefully back to my "starting weight". Thanks for all of the encouragement….it's huge!
  • CariTJR
    CariTJR Posts: 343 Member
    SueSueDio wrote: »
    Saviik wrote: »

Hi there! I'm finding the calorie-counting to be tedious and time-consuming as well - it feels like I spend more time figuring out what's in each meal than I do eating it, and when I'm hungry it sucks to have to work out what something is going to 'cost' me before it goes in my mouth!

But, I have seen some success this week and that's really encouraging. I think the counting is something I just have to knuckle down and deal with for now, and hopefully over time I'll build up a repertoire of meals that I know I can fit into my plan without worrying too much. I need to retrain my eating habits, and I know that's going to take a lot of effort at the start because I'm lazy, not a good cook, and love sweet things and bread! :) If I can train myself to feel good with smaller portions, or to know what healthy foods I can eat in larger amounts, it should be easier to keep the weight off when I get where I want to be.

I think planning ahead is something I need to do more of, and I'm sure it'll be helpful. For instance, today we had pizza and garlic bread because I hadn't planned anything in advance and that's what the family wanted, but I checked the numbers and was able to fit it in without an issue because I hadn't eaten much during the day. I know that won't always be the case, though, and I should plan out meals for the week so that I don't get into that situation again!

Good luck on your journey, and congratulations on your upcoming wedding! :)

I found it quite time consuming, and tedious, at first too, but over time MFP does 'remember' the foods you eat so it does become a case of just choosing from the list you already have, and if you have the phone app you can scan bar codes on products, granted they're not always correct, but for the most part it's just a case of scanning it and it's done.

Over time it will become a much faster process to log everything, and if you had the same dinner a week before for instance, you can always 'copy to today' which saves time.

You will start to remember how many calories are in things anyway, and will be able to make choices based on this, it does become almost second nature after a while.

Good luck, I hope you stick with it as it does pay off in the end. :smile:
  • anwuli25
    anwuli25 Posts: 5 Member
    Hi! I'm in too! Please add me. Looking to shed 40pounds by July 1st or I'll be the fattest person yet again in family pictures on our summer vacation. I need all the support I can get.
  • sarahxlara
    sarahxlara Posts: 14 Member
    I'd love to join your group as well please I have a good way to go I have my brothers wedding g in November and I don't want to be the way I am now it's the motivation I finally need but like you all support and friendly chat and guidance is what I need please add me thanks and I look forward to doing it together :)
  • ivvassileva
    ivvassileva Posts: 24 Member
    I'm in, too, with 70lb to go. I got my motivation last summer - I travelled a ot but I am in only 5 or 6 pics as I hate seeing myself the way I am now. Trying to feel good and confident again an I can use all the support I can get.
    Good luck, everybody :)
  • kesslemg
    kesslemg Posts: 47 Member
    Welcome to all the new people! How was everyone's weekend? Mine was better than usual for the most part. I didn't eat as well as I do during the week but I actually tracked my food so it's a start. I just have a hard time seeing my boys snacking and not joining them.
  • SueSueDio
    CariTJR wrote: »
    if you have the phone app you can scan bar codes on products, granted they're not always correct, but for the most part it's just a case of scanning it and it's done.

I had no idea this was a thing! Thank you for pointing it out! I do have the app but haven't really used it much yet, I've been logging everything via my PC. I had to find this feature and go and scan something as soon as I read this, just because. :)

You will start to remember how many calories are in things anyway, and will be able to make choices based on this, it does become almost second nature after a while.

I hope so... I don't really want to be counting calories for the rest of my life, I want to learn how to just eat healthily and make good choices. :) I know it's just going to take time to learn, so I need to do this for a few months until I start to get it (however much it sucks right now!). Knowing what a proper portion size looks like will take me a while too... :)

I do like the fact that MFP remembers things I've already used, that makes it much easier to find the right items. And in a way it's an advantage being unemployed as it gives me more time to look up things and learn about the process. If I was working I'd be lazy and not bother so much, so hopefully when I find a new job I'll have learned enough to keep me on the right track! :)
  • SueSueDio
    kesslemg wrote: »
    Welcome to all the new people! How was everyone's weekend? Mine was better than usual for the most part. I didn't eat as well as I do during the week but I actually tracked my food so it's a start. I just have a hard time seeing my boys snacking and not joining them.

I did okay - generally I don't eat well on the weekends, I might have a bowl of cereal for lunch and then snack on chocolate or chips during the day but I didn't do that this week!

I feel you on the snacks - my hubby and son love to have chocolate a few times a week, and I knew I was going to feel deprived and left out if they had something and I didn't. I was miserable for a day or two at the thought of it, but then I bought some 40-cal frozen fudge bars and some 85% chocolate for myself. I can be happy with just a couple of squares of chocolate, and they can have their high-sugar treats.

And they can't have my fudge bars! ;)

qx0ff7plmjia.jpg

• ccgirl10
    ccgirl10 Posts: 8 Member
    SueSueDio wrote: »
    kesslemg wrote: »

I did okay - generally I don't eat well on the weekends, I might have a bowl of cereal for lunch and then snack on chocolate or chips during the day but I didn't do that this week!

I feel you on the snacks - my hubby and son love to have chocolate a few times a week, and I knew I was going to feel deprived and left out if they had something and I didn't. I was miserable for a day or two at the thought of it, but then I bought some 40-cal frozen fudge bars and some 85% chocolate for myself. I can be happy with just a couple of squares of chocolate, and they can have their high-sugar treats.

And they can't have my fudge bars! ;)

qx0ff7plmjia.jpg

@SueSueDio I love this!!! Have to have snacks for yourself, I love the fudge bars too!! I also get the Yasso frozen yogurt bars because I love ice cream, that is a big weakness for me. The yasso bars are any where from 80 to 120 calories and the sugars aren't terrible. They have a bunch of flavors so I don't feel like I am missing out!

Love me some dark chocolate squares too, I suck on them to make them last longer and it goes a long way to help with cravings!
  • Lizzles4Shizzles
    Lizzles4Shizzles Posts: 122 Member
    I'm completely late to the party, but after skimming through the posts in this group, it seems great! I have similar goals to most of you - would like to lose around 60lbs. I don't really have a deadline or anything, but obviously the sooner the better haha Would like to get it done by the end of the year. I've done MFP off and on in the past, but last Wednesday was my first day tracking again after being off the site for a few months. Looking forward to getting back in shape!
  • bsbprincess
    bsbprincess Posts: 161 Member
    Welcome @Lizzles4Shizzles ! :) No worries on being late, girl! I'll send you a request. We can do it!
  • thisisntabagel
    thisisntabagel Posts: 11 Member
    Hi there! I, like @Lizzles4Shizzles am a little late to this party but would love the extra motivation!

My sister and I are doing the lurong paleo challenge for the next five weeks and in order to have an easier way to keep track of my eating, I've rejoined mfp! Admittedly, I don't think that paleo will be sustainable long term because I just love bread and pasta too much, but I'm hoping it'll help me kickstart healthier eating and smaller portion sizes. My first goal is just one pound. That's what it takes to start! After that, I'd love to get under 200 again. It's a little less than 60 by August, but I'm joining late so I figure I'm still pretty close to the heart of the group ;)