Fasting.

Good morning everyone,
I am going to fast today because I have overeaten recently and my diet lapsed hugely over Christmas.
I have decided to kick start it again with a fasting day. The trouble is there is no facility on myfitnesspal for a fast.
Is there a way to log a fast on this site that I don't know about?
Thank you.....Pat

Replies

• RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    Just don't finish your diary at the end of the day.
  • MelaniaTrump
    MelaniaTrump Posts: 2,694 Member
    edited January 2016
    You don't have to hit complete entry.
    Instead of fasting, I will go out and buy a big plastic thing of green spring mix lettuce. I will use red vine vinegar, some dijon mustard, and a touch of virgin olive oil. Almost no calories and a bit better for your body.
    You can also eat a lot of vegetables. Ex: Eat your heart out of broccoli. A lot healthier for your heart. Don't you think?
    Don't forget that a grilled chicken breast can be very filling and low in calories. I pan cook it in chicken broth.
  • Hudds925
    Hudds925 Posts: 12 Member
    I did the 5:2 fast for a three months, lost 14lbs which is good. On mfp I just didn't complete at the end of the day, or else you get 'told off' for not eating enough.
  • Jonna13
    Jonna13 Posts: 288 Member
    From my experience, fasting only leads to a huge binge. The cycle can be vicious.
  • MelaniaTrump
    Her age is a concern since health should be her priority. She may have pre-diabetes, heart problems, no one knows.
  • chandanista
    chandanista Posts: 986 Member
    I fast once a month for religious reasons. Many people fast 2-3 meals without a problem, just have a long break between whiles. Pick a quiet day you don't have a lot of activity planned. Spend it reading and praying or meditating. Log in your water and don't be afraid to change your mind and eat something if you feel dizzy, dehydrated or faint. I usually eat something at the end of the day, before bed.

This advice is only if you are medically sound to fast, of course.
  • MelaniaTrump
    edited January 2016
    I have read your other questions and looked at your diary.
    You are not putting HEALTHY upfront. Your body needs protein, calcium (to prevent osteoporosis), potassium, magnesium, etc.
    Google: Healthy Foods for a Healthy Heart.
    Grab some almonds, eat some plain oatmeal, even a glass of low fat milk. But eat. You are not 20 anymore. Focus on educating yourself on healthy eating habits.
  • strong_curves
    strong_curves Posts: 2,229 Member
    Not a good idea to me but ok.
  • runrascal
    runrascal Posts: 53 Member
    edited January 2016
    Her age is a concern since health should be her priority. She may have pre-diabetes, heart problems, no one knows.

Yes and there is evidence that intermittent fasting help reduce diabetic risk. Also many people refer to fasting when they mean a very low calorie day, usually 300 - 500 calories. Offhand I can't recall what the research decided about whether VLC was as good as a total fast day. Oh and you don't restrict clear fluids at all when you fast - so water, black tea, black coffee all good.
  • runrascal
    runrascal Posts: 53 Member

Flipping heck she's only 53!! Younger than you Janet and a lot younger than me.