How often do you weigh yourself? How often do you track it on MFP?

Replies

• glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,570 Member
    Once a week, under the same conditions, and then log the average at the end of the month.
  • smcrimmon84
    smcrimmon84 Posts: 133 Member
    I weigh daily, without clothing, in the morning after going to the bathroom. I dont obsess over the number and know that my body has regular fluctuations due to any number of reasons. I log it in MFP when it's a new low number but log daily in the Happy Scale app.
  • SweetestLibby
    SweetestLibby Posts: 607 Member
    I weigh in once a week and track it once a month. I track my weight in my cycle tracker rather than MFP since my weight fluctuations are around ovulation and my cycle.
  • sssscary
    sssscary Posts: 6 Member
    edited January 2016
    I weigh every day at the same time and log it. I am down 30 pounds and about 5 - 10 pounds from goal weight. I can use my weight graph as a timeline of my life. Every day that my weight is up a bit, i can see the date of some event, ie, christmas eve, new years eve, out for dinner to a buffet, went to a party, etc, the day before. Does anyone else experience that?
  • asyk805
    asyk805 Posts: 125 Member
    I weigh in and track everyday. Help keeps me accountable to myself.
  • Afw94
    Afw94 Posts: 11 Member
    I weigh myself anywhere from 5 to 10 times a day, I'm completely obsessed, if I'm in a room with a scale then I weigh myself. I only count it, or update it here, once a week though, the rest are just obsessive habit.
  • tacticalhippie
    tacticalhippie Posts: 596 Member
    I weigh everyday morning.
    I use libra to track it and watch for trends.

I update on MFP once a week. Usually between Wednesday and Friday.
  • colobon
    colobon Posts: 49 Member
    I weigh every morning before my shower but choose Tuesdays as my official weigh in day for logging. I like the daily feedback.
  • neldabg
    neldabg Posts: 1,452 Member
    I used to weigh in once a month at a local Publix or at my school's gym whenever I scheduled a fitness assessment test, but now that I'm super close to my goal weight/range, I weigh in daily. I want to use my data to compare it with my food diary and the estimated burns from my Fitbit, and from there calculate how much I should eat to maintain. Once I get the hang of it, I'll probably just do weekly weigh-ins to keep myself in check. A scale is helpful to make sure I don't gain or lose too much, and it's really interesting to see the day-to-day fluctuations that occur despite weighing in under the same conditions.
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    I "officially" weigh in (and record) once a week, but I'll hop on the scale once or twice through the week to get a rough idea of how I'm doing.
  • KittyHeaven74
    KittyHeaven74 Posts: 68 Member
    I weigh every day in the morning, but Sunday is my official weigh-in day. I feel like I stay more accountable to myself when I weigh every day. I don't worry too much about fluctuations; for instance, I was losing consistently every day for the first week, and then the last two days I've been up a teeny bit. I know it's just normal fluctuations and water weight, but it's good to see it so I can at least look at my eating choices and note if I recently changed anything (or if it's that time of month, I can retain water, as well). I try to track it in MFP every day, but I only take the weekly weight as my "official" weight. I track that weekly weight in my own calendar, too, so I can set some mini-goals for myself every month or two.
  • nikkilovessweets
    nikkilovessweets Posts: 30 Member
    I weigh myself daily as well, it keeps me on track. I admit that it can be a little frustrating when it goes up or when the weight stays the same for a couple of days, but I know it's due to water retention. Also, I have Aria (Fitbit scale) spit automatically uploads my weigh ins.
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    I weigh myself several times a week. I only log Monday morning and I log it no matter what it is, up, down or the same it gets logged Monday.
  • jamiewarner7106
    jamiewarner7106 Posts: 1 Member
    I used to weigh myself every day. But it was bad for my mental health. So I try to weigh in every Sunday. And only post if any weight has changed.
  • sparrish531
    sparrish531 Posts: 499 Member
    I weigh-in on Monday mornings, record it in MFP each time.
  • spzjlb
    spzjlb Posts: 599 Member
    I weigh myself daily. I'm pretty much at maintenance so I don't aways input the weight, since it's the same 2-3 lbs that I gain or lose. But, if there is a substantial change one way or the other (say, more than 3 lbs over my comfort target), I do log it to keep me accountable.
  • starryphoenix
    starryphoenix Posts: 381 Member
    I got kind of lazy last year and almost gained a third of my weight back. I've gotten back a lot of that progress though from adjusting what I eat and how much I exercise. I've been weighing myself every day this month and it's really teaching me a LOT about what I should and shouldn't do. I don't know if I'll keep doing it after this month is over, but I'm seriously considering it! I used to think that weighing yourself that much was obsessive, but now I see why it's a good idea.
  • kportwood85
    kportwood85 Posts: 151 Member
    I weigh everyday, and I have the fitbit Aria scale, which uploads automatically, so MFP gets updated everyday as well.
  • cross2bear
    cross2bear Posts: 1,106 Member
    I dont even own a scale. I weight check when I am at the doctors office, maybe every 4-6 weeks. Otherwise, how my clothes fit is the thing for me - and how many times I have to get things altered or buy new ones! When the doc confirms the weight loss, THEN I would input it to MFP.
  • kgirlhart
    kgirlhart Posts: 4,950 Member
    I weigh daily and log it in happy scale. I only log it in mfp when I reach a new low.