150+ lbs to lose and need motivation

Replies

• mari_moulin
    mari_moulin Posts: 3,717 Member
    Hello all I also have about 150 lbs to lose. I would love anyone to add me because I need all the support I can get also. Would love to add you but I haven't figured out how to do that yet. I'm new to this app. Good luck to everyone. By this time next year we'll all be much healthier.

I think Ive sent you a request! let me know if it worked.
  • MrsB65
    MrsB65 Posts: 8 Member
    Hello all I also have about 150 lbs to lose. I would love anyone to add me because I need all the support I can get also. Would love to add you but I haven't figured out how to do that yet. I'm new to this app. Good luck to everyone. By this time next year we'll all be much healthier.

The app is acting up for me. It's not allowing me to send friend requests right now. I can accept them just not send. I will try from my laptop later when ( if) my 2 1/2 year old naps! Lol
  • corbinskiii
    corbinskiii Posts: 135 Member
    I'm down 163.3 pounds and have 5-8 to go. You Can add me :)
  • mrhairyman
    mrhairyman Posts: 14 Member
    Same for me. I started the year 324lbs. Down to 318 now, but would like to lose 100lbs myself. I always manage to lose 30lbs relatively easily within 2-3 months, but then I fall off the wagon. Happy to be part of a support group.
  • Dahummble1
    Dahummble1 Posts: 8 Member
    Feel free to add me
  • flapjack747
    flapjack747 Posts: 36 Member
    Started 18 months ago at 407lbs. Been about that weight for the last 12 years. It was time to change. Today I'm at 290lbs. with a goal weight of 235 lbs. It's a great community and the tracking works great for accountability. Looking forward to seeing your success!
  • cherrisjourney
    cherrisjourney Posts: 12 Member
    Oh WOW! Thank you for posting! I have really been inspired by your journey.
    I am 40, Mother of 2 (soon to be 13 & 20) and married. I do work, but it's a very sedentary job!
    I am 304. While I know I need to lose more 150 lbs I will be happy and HEALTHY in the 150's.

• jlemar
    jlemar Posts: 3 Member
    Hello all. I am looking for friends with similar goals as myself. I have over 150 lbs to lose and any little help is much appreciated. I started for the new year and have lost 12.6 lbs far. I currently weigh 326.2 lbs. I am a 36 year old mother of 3 and have been obese my entire life. Ive done so many different fads and diets but the only one that has worked for me in the past is healthy eating and exercising. In 2013 I was able to lose over 70 lbs but fell of the horse when my mother passed away. Since that I had my 3rd child and I managed to eat myself back to my highest weight. I am now ready to start again. I've done it before and I WILL do it again.

please feel free to add me.

• Brandi_Allison
    Brandi_Allison Posts: 20 Member
    I understand! I don't have quite as much weight to lose (about 55 pounds), but I've done it before and I can do it again. I gained my weight back (plus about 20 pounds) while I was pregnant with my daughter. I am ready to get back to being healthy. Motivating each other will definitely help! Good luck!!
  • deberkay83
    deberkay83 Posts: 3 Member
    I don't know how to add or send request to be added, if someone can help me that would be great. I would love to be part of a support group. I have over 100lbs to lose and today is my first day so any advice would be appreciated.
  • jlemar
    jlemar Posts: 3 Member
    I've lost 128lbs or 58kg's in last few years by sheer hard work and very strict dieting - i walk every day starting at 4am (in the dark) and walk up to 40klms each day - in the hot extreme weather i have reduced that to about 25klms EVERY DAY - rain hail or shine - walking speed around 7.2 klms per hr - Go for it - Walk it off - and keep your mouth shut - been using MFP since 2011 - every day almost ! Get up early and just go for it Good Luck
  • salbers23
    salbers23 Posts: 7 Member
    You need more than motivation. You need a supervised plan. I recommend 40 days of water fasting at the True North Health Center. You'll lose 40 lbs in 40 days and set yourself up with a routine to lose the rest.

• Snicolej
    Snicolej Posts: 113 Member
    I have at the least 135lbs to lose more when I reach that ! This is also my second time at it on my fitness pal last time I lost close to fifty and just gave up needless to say I have gained it all back and I will not give up on myself again ! So hopefully over the next few years we can see each other reach many goals ! I'm a mother of three ! Two teenage girls and a son who is 19 and no longer at home and he has a baby on the way so I will be a grandma this year ! Feel free to add me !
  • dawnmarie1115
    dawnmarie1115 Posts: 28 Member
    I added you, please feel free to add me back. It seems all my friends are not using MFP anymore so if anyone would like to add me, please do so. I have about 80 lbs to lose. :)
  • Cambridge727
    Cambridge727 Posts: 50 Member
    I have a lot lose and have yo yo through the years . I'm at 325 and lost only 4pounds so far. I'm determined lose this weight feel free add me. We can motivate each other
  • reneeb1980
    reneeb1980 Posts: 6 Member
    Invite sent! Anyone here can add me as well!
  • carrie1829
    carrie1829 Posts: 143 Member
    I also am in the same boat as you. I am 40 years old and starting weight this time around was 344.2. I am down to 329.4 as of my last weigh in. Life seems to continuously get in my way. This time I am determined to kick it out of the way!
  • kaylasgriffin88
    kaylasgriffin88 Posts: 34 Member
    I want to lose 124 pounds! I started in 2007 weighing 320 and lost 80 pounds. I was able to keep that off for a few years but I gained back 44 of those pounds. I've decided to start all over and work towards a healthier lifestyle!
  • mari_moulin
    mari_moulin Posts: 3,717 Member
    Thank you all so much for adding me or allowing me to add you. I have gotten 70+ people now in my friends list. and from what I can see you are all as motivated as I am to make this change in our lives. So excited to walk this path with you all.
  • niknull
    niknull Posts: 5 Member
    I just turned 36 last week and have about 150 lbs to lose. I started having some heart issues around Christmas and as of yesterday was told by my dr I'm doing this to myself due to bring heavy, well like I didn't already know this. I've lost 8 lbs in the last two weeks from watching what I eat.l, but now the dr is saying no caffeine or carbs. I'm just now getting the hang of counting calories and now I have to watch carbs. I'm so lost!!!