Sushi love!

I absolutely love sushi, but find all of the rolls that I love are fatty! Most of them have cream cheese or are fried. What are your low calorie sushi options?!

Replies

• Improvised
    Improvised Posts: 925 Member
    Have you tried making your own? That way you could control the ingredients. It's actually pretty easy. Youtube has videos on it.
  • rupal123
    rupal123 Posts: 1
    Go VEGGIE!! Cucumber rolls yum!
  • SarahofTwins
    SarahofTwins Posts: 1,169 Member
    I usually get the veggie kind...forgot what its called but its the rice and cucumber roll. If I do decide to get the ones with more calories I just take a bite or two of it. :bigsmile:
  • MelissaL582
    MelissaL582 Posts: 1,422 Member
    I make mine at home. The California rolls are pretty good. Just keep in mind that when eating sushi, to take it light with the soy sauce- high in sodium.
  • MissAnjy
    MissAnjy Posts: 2,480 Member
    I'm in LOVE with all things sushi!!! seriously.in.love!
    what I do (probably not the best advice) but I use my cheat meal on sushi. When I eat sushi, I don't even bother logging it. I just go for it, hahahaha.

Lowest calorie options are cucumber rolls, veggie rolls, california rolls, etc. things without sauces, dips, etc.

sashimi is also very low cal.
  • krystico
    krystico Posts: 104
    Try an Alaskan Roll - Salmon, Avacado (good fat), and cucumber - good stuff!
  • RNewton4269
    RNewton4269 Posts: 663 Member
    I love spicy tuna rolls and seaweed salad. Try to go for sushi at least a couple times a month. I would try to make your own..or when you go the sushi bars get the veggie ones.

Happy eating!
  • laurad1406
    laurad1406 Posts: 341
    I'm in LOVE with all things sushi!!! seriously.in.love!
    what I do (probably not the best advice) but I use my cheat meal on sushi. When I eat sushi, I don't even bother logging it. I just go for it, hahahaha.

Lowest calorie options are cucumber rolls, veggie rolls, california rolls, etc. things without sauces, dips, etc.

sashimi is also very low cal.

AGREED (not that that necessarily makes it right haha)! and stay away from rolls that are "spicy", the spicy sauce is mayo-based
  • photorific
    photorific Posts: 577 Member
    I <3 Sashimi - try the salmon first it's a bit sweeter than most of the others.

If you're currently the "California Roll" type of sushi eater (which, I'm pretty sure most of us start out as), I can tell you that my progression went like this:

CA Roll
    Spicy tuna
    Unagi
    Rainbow Roll
    Nigiri (hamachi, salmon, tuna, shrimp)
    Sashimi
  • katt742
    katt742 Posts: 196 Member
    mmmm my fave! I usually get a tuna roll (just raw tuna w/rice and nori) A salmon and avocado roll...Or a rainbow roll.

Sometimes I just go straight sashimi to avoid the rice!
  • sesecat
    sesecat Posts: 124 Member
    Sashimi only! Tuna is better than Salmon.
  • Dcgfeller
    Dcgfeller Posts: 83
    Try an Alaskan Roll - Salmon, Avacado (good fat), and cucumber - good stuff!

This would be my vote. I also enjoy carrot in some rolls, but I'm terrible with names of all the different rolls so I can't say what specifically has them...I generally just eat what is put in front of me

Sashimi....I can't do it. I gotta have the rice to cover the texture of raw fish, blech.
  • stephgreene
    stephgreene Posts: 143
    I almost ALWAYS get California Rolls... rarely, for a treat I'll get Philadelphia Rolls
  • Micheller1210
    Micheller1210 Posts: 460 Member
    Did someone call??...lol I love sushi too! Its a cheat meal withen my cals I like to get it in brown rice.
  • melsinct
    melsinct Posts: 3,512 Member
    I just had sushi and sashimi for lunch! I had some eel (unagi), some cucumber avocado rolls then salmon sashimi. Love salmon sashimi and eel the best!
  • bhelmreich
    bhelmreich Posts: 254 Member
    my roommate and i are gonna attempt to make our own tonight!
  • gingerfoxxx
    gingerfoxxx Posts: 267 Member
    mmmmmmm, sushi! Have you had sashimi? Its just the fish, or nigiri is fish on top of rice, usually "glued" together with wasabi and a little seaweed. SO GOOD! eel and tuna are my favs. I usually put extra wasabi on as well, because the spicier the better! :) it is very low cal and satisfying :)
  • TK421NotAtPost
    TK421NotAtPost Posts: 512 Member
    I love sushi... all kinds. :)

NyotaimoriSushiModel.jpg
  • blueliss26
    blueliss26 Posts: 79 Member
    i have tried the nigiri and sashimi, but i really love the good ol california roll and veggie rolls... they are really low cal too. I ADORE the shrimp tempura with some spicy sauce.. but not low cal so i don't go for it too often anymore :o)
  • BigBoneSista
    BigBoneSista Posts: 2,389 Member
    Eel is my fav...I think the name is Dragon Roll. Most time I don't do the rolls though. I just get the regular smoke salmon, red snapper, white tuna and eel sashimi. YUMMY!!