Valentine's Day Fitness Challenge Check-In February 1

Happy Friday & Happy FEBRUARY! Yep! That's right! We have passed all the way through the first month of the year just like that! January was an amazing month in terms of working to get healthy and fit. Let your momentum roll you right into this new month and throughout this new year!

Yesterday I did 36+ vigorous min on my bike (I was so engrossed in watching LOST that I have no idea how long my timer had been stopped before I noticed it and restarted it!), Rock Your Body w/Jamie King, & I drank my water. I really like the warm-up & cool down portions of that dvd but I apparently am not a dancer and the rest of it, even with his great instruction, made me feel dumb. Oh, well. That's why I'm getting them from the library before purchasing them. Anyway, I now have 2 complete charts and start with my new goals today. I've combined my bike & dvd squares (although I'll hope to still often get both in), still have a water square, but I've added a vitamins & meds square. I don't know how often I forget to take them. Of course I'm out of blood pressure meds so I'd better see if I can get into the doctor today or I won't get to fill in that square! My hubby didn't realize how much I was looking forward/needing to have this day for myself so he's going into work today. I really am crushed. :cry: I need a break and to get out of the house SO badly! Anyway, I'll just have to wait and see when I'll get the chance to get out to go shopping.

With all of that said I am also sad that even with all of my hard work I didn't lose any weight this week. There is no possiblity of meeting my original Christmas goal weight by Valentine's day now. :frown: Is this the weight I'm going to stay at forever? Okay, okay. I know. Think positively... It will start moving eventually!

+++POSITIVE THOUGHTS+++ My Friends!!! :flowerforyou:
Have a WONDERFUL weekend!
Niccole

Replies

• NTBoard
    NTBoard Posts: 363 Member
    Happy Friday & Happy FEBRUARY! Yep! That's right! We have passed all the way through the first month of the year just like that! January was an amazing month in terms of working to get healthy and fit. Let your momentum roll you right into this new month and throughout this new year!

Yesterday I did 36+ vigorous min on my bike (I was so engrossed in watching LOST that I have no idea how long my timer had been stopped before I noticed it and restarted it!), Rock Your Body w/Jamie King, & I drank my water. I really like the warm-up & cool down portions of that dvd but I apparently am not a dancer and the rest of it, even with his great instruction, made me feel dumb. Oh, well. That's why I'm getting them from the library before purchasing them. Anyway, I now have 2 complete charts and start with my new goals today. I've combined my bike & dvd squares (although I'll hope to still often get both in), still have a water square, but I've added a vitamins & meds square. I don't know how often I forget to take them. Of course I'm out of blood pressure meds so I'd better see if I can get into the doctor today or I won't get to fill in that square! My hubby didn't realize how much I was looking forward/needing to have this day for myself so he's going into work today. I really am crushed. :cry: I need a break and to get out of the house SO badly! Anyway, I'll just have to wait and see when I'll get the chance to get out to go shopping.

With all of that said I am also sad that even with all of my hard work I didn't lose any weight this week. There is no possiblity of meeting my original Christmas goal weight by Valentine's day now. :frown: Is this the weight I'm going to stay at forever? Okay, okay. I know. Think positively... It will start moving eventually!

+++POSITIVE THOUGHTS+++ My Friends!!! :flowerforyou:
    Have a WONDERFUL weekend!
    Niccole
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    I'm so sorry you didn't get "your day", Niccole! It seems like you really deserve it, and I hope you get it soon.

Today I'm back at my upper body for 30 minutes (I'm finally feeling recovered from Monday) and I might get a dance DVD in if I feel energized for some extra cardio.

Oh, and the plateau Niccole? Right when you're sure the scale will never move again, it will. I had four major ones. I was at 167 for almost three months! I said "I guess I'm this weight" many, many times!

Stay positive, ladies!:flowerforyou:

And, just so you know, ladies, I posted some "after" pics on my profile page.:blushing:
  • yoginimary
    yoginimary Posts: 6,783 Member
    Ever notice that women relish the "day to themselves," and men just don't understand? I like time alone more than most, which is good, because I'm usually alone throughout my day.

After this V-day challenge, what do you guys think about doing month challenges? We've been so good with our "squares"... or maybe an Easter challenge - about 5 weeks from V-day.

Yesterday I did 50 min on the elliptical, 10 min stretch, and I worked in the yard for 30-60 min. I counted 30 min of yard work since it wasn't easy stuff (digging out bushes, hauling 10 gallon bags of dirt, etc).

This weekend is in-laws in North Texas - save me from the southern food! That's the worst - going over on calories on food you don't even like :laugh:
  • Anna_Banana
    Anna_Banana Posts: 2,939 Member
    Man I did so bad the last two days and didn't exercise. I just had too many things going on. I'm getting close to my goal for V-Day. I hope I make it.
  • JulieB21
    JulieB21 Posts: 492
    Terrible, terrible weather here in Upstate NY. 2-6 inches of snow followed by sleet & freezing rain with accumulations of ice in the neighborhood of 3/4 of an inch then followed by rain changing back to snow. I did all of my shopping last night so I could stay put but all of my grown babies & hubby are at work & will be coming home in the worst of it. :cry: My tummy will be in knots til I hear that they have all arrived home safely.

I got my exercise in early today in anticipation of dining in candlelight. Did my BL Cardio Max. I will take tomorrow as my day off & ride my stationary bike on Sunday so that I can enjoy the superbowl without too much guilt.

Happy Friday Everyone!:flowerforyou:
  • :grumble: Still weighing the same this week as last week. Trying to add a few more reps to my workouts, but I find I get really sore when I do to many and this sets me back as I can't do my exercises for a day or too to let the soreness ease up. I didn't set a goal for V-day because I have so much to work on that I didn't want to be disapointed. :flowerforyou: In stead I set a daily goal to just get in my exercises and be happy with what weight I loose. Thinking positive thoughts and sending out hugs to everyone. Happy Feb 1st. kckat96
  • ariannedavis
    ariannedavis Posts: 520 Member
    Sorry I didn't get here yesterday; no power from the same crud that hit Julie. I got some amazing pics of the ice though!

Didn't "work-out" cause I couldn't shower, but did spend the day cleaning, so I didn't sit down for more than 15 minutes every couple hours. Then things cleared up but I had to work till almost 10 & didn't have the energy to workout. Had to be back at 7am too, so bed was more appealing...:laugh:

I vote for the monthly challenge, with other goals in mind. For me, the next after V-day is my birthday on 3/16. I am NOT going to hit 135 by then, but 145-150 is completely realistic! Yup, been stuck for a month now; hopefully another two-four pound loss coming up.

I THINK I CAN I THINK I CAN I THINK I CAN I THINK I CAN
    WE KNOW WE CAN WE KNOW WE CAN WE KNOW WE CAN:flowerforyou:
  • kjllose
    kjllose Posts: 948 Member
    Hi all sorry I haven't posted here for a little while. i feel out of touch. Niccole I'm sorry about your day you didn't get, right now I'm in kind of the same boat. My car is getting a rebuilt transmission so i have to rely on hubby and others to get to work. Hope it's done next week. I also had the same mess of weather JulieB21 and Ariannedavis have had. At least our power didn't go out, thank God for little favors. I haven't exercised per say this week. I went to the docs and he said he thinks I have torn some muscles in my back from getting hit with a frozen bag of potting soil I foolishly pulled off a pallet over my head at Home Depot.. I went to get an exray for a just in case it wasn't that. But I haven't heard anything from the doc yet I was so bummed on went on a food bender and ate a whole lot of potato chips. Well at least I know I like salty food when I eat emotionally:ohwell: I will have to wait to see the PT person to find out if I can do any upper body stuff but I plan to keep walking at least for now. I will join another month long check in, I find them useful for me, kind of like the chart is for you Niccole. But I might be doing modified exercises:bigsmile: You guys are doing great, you are so dedicated it makes me feel like a slouch:embarassed: On top of it all I turned the big 50 this week. I should be glad I'm in as good a shape as I am at that age, thanks to this site and all of your support. Okay now I will go walk on my treadmill since going outside requires ice skates.:bigsmile: