Easter Misfit Losers' chatting station

Replies

• lovesretirement
    lovesretirement Posts: 2,661 Member
    Morning, losers!
    Just checking in..another different morning..early routine doc appt. I'll check back later.

If not now, when?

Connie
  • eyegirl777va
    eyegirl777va Posts: 1,464 Member
    Morning ladies,
    Waiting in Oncologists office wit Ben. Hoping we get good news. Not sure if treatment will start today.
    Nancy
  • CALIECAT
    CALIECAT Posts: 12,530 Member
    If not
    n.gifo.gifw.gif
    When?

lets go for it misfit we can do it
  • CALIECAT
    praying it is good news too nancy.
    marie
  • lovesretirement
    Morning ladies,
    Waiting in Oncologists office wit Ben. Hoping we get good news. Not sure if treatment will start today.
    Nancy

Sending prayers your way, Nancy!
    Connie
  • lovesretirement
    Good morning, again. I had an appointment with the orthopedic surgeon. We are just going to watch and wait since I am not opting for repair. There is no guarantee that trimming the tears will be result in me having 100% relief from pain at my age. Most days are good and if I don't overdo exercise, I can manage without pain killers.

Hope all of you are doing well on this gorgeous but chilly day.

Connie
  • rayw89
    rayw89 Posts: 564 Member
    @janiceclark08 We moved to Taylorsville, we're about 12 minutes from Shelbyville. And it looks like we're in for atleast 4 inches of snow over night! We really love our house, and looking forward to starting a garden this year. Veggies galore, hopefully! :smiley:
    I hope your sister is able to get her much needed therapy soon, she's brave and strong to go through all of this.

Looks like I start my new job Friday morning! Training Friday and then normal work starting Monday. I'm hoping my long schedule will help me drop some lbs. I've gained 10 back from my lowest, so I'm sitting around 145-146 now. I swear the winter weather doesn't help. But it was last February when I started all this, so there's hope.

I hope you all are doing well and keeping warm! Congratulations on the lb. loss, Connie!!!

-Rachel
  • janiceclark08
    janiceclark08 Posts: 1,341 Member
    Rachel-We are getting that same snow tonight, plus there's another snow/ sleet storm coming Friday. Hopefully you dont have to travel to far to training. I am up to, its going around. I started end of February 2014 seriously, still down 52 lbs. I cant wait to grow tomatoes again this year.

Connie- I am glad you don't require surgery and can still exercise, if you want.
    Nancy-Sending my prayers to you and Ben.
    Ruthie-Do you have a certain time you need to move by? More houses go up for sale normally early Spring, if you can wait.
    Marie-I hope you are doing well and keepibg warm. Gotta run. Janice
  • eyegirl777va
    Thanks for your prayers.
    We are still at the cancer center. Ben is almost finished with his first chemo treatment. Has been a long day but has gone well. We are hungry and tired and will be heading home in about 30 minutes. Will get a weekly treatment for 3 more weeks then go to every 3 months if all goes well.
    Nancy
  • slw19
    slw19 Posts: 513 Member
    hi ladies!

nancy, I am thinking about you! sounds like an exhausting day but at least you have one down and will lnow what to expect over the next couple of months. I hope ben responds well.

connie, I had knee surgery when I was 19, good for you to opt out and wait and see!

Rachel so good to see you! don't worry about the lbs, they seem to like us:) I am up a couple also that really enjoy my company!!

Janice, keep warm and be careful! I really dislike winter, it is actually warming up here to 25-30 over the next couple of days.

I made the most delicious meal tonight. my family wanted spaghetti and I am trying to limit my carbs at dinner. I pulled out the vegetti and made zoodles for me. I sautéed ground turkey and added tomato sauce and seasoning. I topped my zoodles with the turkey sauce and a little parm, delicious!!

anyway, trying to really clean up my diet this week and hopefully get that scale moving in a downward direction!

Stephanie
  • CALIECAT
    Great seeing Ray posting Hi Ray.

I am still on the plant base diet.With a little variegation on it/ eating more potatoes At least one a day with a nice green vegie This Dr. John Mcdougall High starch diet.. high in carbs too. I thought it would be too rough for me on my blood sugar. But just the opposite Its been running real good. I added rice cakes as a snack today. I have steel cut oats in the morning Lunch...... Beans soups with lot of veggies...... Dinner baked Sweet potato (a big one)with cinnamon on it or a White potatoes with a good veggies. Will see how I am doing on it in a week.

Nancy My prayers is with you and Ben.

marie
  • lovesretirement
    edited January 2016
    Morning, losers! Happy Wednesday!

Finally back to regular schedule and off to the gym this morning. Brrrrr...it is cold..but I am thankful to see another day so no complaints from me. Plus, I am down .04 this morning and will take it!

I know many of you will be getting snow this week and I will see rain in my area...be careful out there, friends! <3

Marie..your plant based menu sounds like it's good for your sugar levels and that's the best news ever!

Nancy..hope you and Ben had a peaceful night.

Steph..I ordered the veggitti from Amazon and will get it today. I am so excited about having some zoodles with sauce. Gonna look for some low carb/sugar tomatoe or marinara sauce.

Ray..so glad to see you! Congrats on the new job!

Make it a great day, losers, and stay the course!

Connie
  • CALIECAT
    Are you all seeing a post from Ray? All I see. Is the kitty cat but glad to see that.Connie I am down 1 oz this morning. Let's see how many days I will be on that. At least no gain.

Marie
  • slw19
    hi all,

connie, so excited for you to get the vegetti, I love it. when we were in mexico, my daughter and I had the best cucumber salad that was spiralized and I think it had some sort of rice vinegar and black sesame seeds on it. I keep threatening to recreate it but it just has been talk so far:) I actually feel great today, I was so satisfied with that dinner. there was no picking for me. I think the key is to keep it interesting.

marie, good for you with the plant based diet. it sounds uber healthy, not sure I could do that now....I am enjoying my animal protein. can you eat eggs on it?

it is finals week for my daughter so I am at her mercy....going to lift and take her to lunch! also, have an ant problem in kids bathroom...calling the exterminator!!

Stephanie
  • eyegirl777va
    Good morning misfits,
    Feeling rested and ready for a great day.
    The veggitti sounds very interesting. I will be checking it out.
    No big plans today, just my usual routine.
    Connie, congrats on another loss, way to go!
    Nancy
  • rayw89
    rayw89 Posts: 564 Member
    Nancy, I'm sorry to see you all are dealing with a rough situation. I hope everything goes well and you all are able to keep comfortable and positive, and see good results.

Hi, Marie! I'm glad you're still enjoying your plant based diet. I really need to get on board with dedication like yours. I'm such a snacker.

Connie, another loss on the scale! You go!! :) I got a version of a vegetti and all it did was juice my zucchini. :/ I'd like to get one of those crank/automatic ones. I hope yours works well!

Janice, I have a 40 minute drive to work in normal weather, so I'll be giving myself an hour and a half to get to work. They changed training from Monday to this Friday, so I'll be driving in that sleet and snow. Not looking forward to that. I'm hoping drivers will get their bearings with the snow by then so that I won't have to deal with too many crazy people on the road come Friday morning. And here's hoping it melts by Monday, haha!

Stephanie, my lbs. sure do love me! They always come back to visit.

-Rachel
  • Shirley61
    Shirley61 Posts: 7,758 Member
    edited January 2016
    I didn't go on MFP yesterday, I was having all sorts of problems getting on. I think our internet was the
    problem so I had to catch up on 20 posts here today. Whew!

Everyone seems to be doing good, keep warm for you who have snow, we did this week and a little
    more tomorrow. It has been so cold!

I started back at choir last night and froze just driving there. Hard to go out now when practice
    starts at 8PM and I want to stay home and keep warm. I had to hand in my music from the Christmas
    concert and we got more for the Spring concert. More songs to learn, but its fun.

Our little Isaac is standing by himself now, Kathy just sent us a picture on email. He is so proud
    of himself. Only a matter of time when he takes that first step. We are going to see him again
    Feb. 1st. We hope to take some pictures, of course. :)

I finished cleaning the downstairs today and had Yoga class this morning. Now to watch some
    TV, have a good evening.

Marie- congratulations be being a great grandmother.

Shirley

• slw19
    hi everyone,

nancy I am so happy you had a good night! I hope that continues for you!

connie, I love my vegetti. I have had no issues for it except I get tired of twisting sometimes. there is a grocery store by my house that sells the zoodles and also sells shaved brussel sprouts which I love roasted.

Rachel, so glad you came back. what are you doing at your new job?

Shirley, that is very exciting about Isaac.

I made another favorite tonight, tacos. a lot of ground turkey this week. connie, I bet you could eat this on your plan. for me, I threw a bunch of spinach on a plate and topped with chopped tomatoes, cucumber, scallions, ground turkey, avocado and salsa. I also mixed up some plain greek yogurt with a little garlic salt and pepper to make a sour cream. so good and low carb.

hope everyone is well!! it got a little warmer here today and the pooch seems to feel better!

stephanie
  • janiceclark08
    janiceclark08 Posts: 1,341 Member
    It snowed overnight we got around 4 inches, tomorrow night we are getting freezing rain then a bunch of snow. My husband, Sonny was off today, we just hung out. I made stuffed peppers while he shoveled our big driveway. The peppers were really good.
    Stephanie-I cook with ground turkey alot, tacos, meatloaf, casseroles, recently I have bought more ground beef.
    Shirley-It sounds exciting to have a new grandbaby, with my daughter only having 1 child, and her fiance having only 1child, I think after they are married she may have anotber baby, if she dont thats okay, I know she works alot. Keep warm. Janice
  • CALIECAT
    edited January 2016
    What happened to 1/21/16 Am in love he fi st one on this morning?

marie