60lbs to lose by August 20th 2016

Replies

• jenjens86
    jenjens86 Posts: 48 Member
    I'm looking to lose around 100 lb in total...60 by October as I'm going to florida for my 30th and want to like the photos this time please add me if you like :)
  • Tisha1386
    Tisha1386 Posts: 11 Member
    I'm so happy to see a lot of women posting about gaining weight but the men the are with still adore them. :) Although we haven't set the date just yet (due some legal stuff involving his son) we are hoping to get married this year also. I'm on board if you want to add me!!! :) We WILL do this!!!
  • lotte0989
    lotte0989 Posts: 9 Member
    Glad to hear everyone is doing okay so far.
    I agree with not being able to give up treats like chocolate. When I have tried that in the past I have fallen off the bandwagon and binged after a few days. I let myself have something each day within my calories so I don't get fed up.

I started on January 4th so it is still early days.
    I want to lose 60lbs over all.
    Weigh in this morning sees me 9.5lbs down so I'm really chuffed. I know it will slow down soon but it is giving me a buzz right now.
  • ivvassileva
    ivvassileva Posts: 24 Member
    I was a chocolate addict as well, but I found out that I just don't have the craving anymore. I guess that it just came naturally as I started focussing more on eating better :) I still have the occasional piece or two, but the main goal is to feel happy, right? :)
  • kesslemg
    kesslemg Posts: 47 Member
    I enjoy chocolate really GOOD expensive chocolate but I also have another love...cheese!! There is nothing that brings me more pleasure (eating wise) than some tasty cheese and a glass of wine. I've tried the 2% and FF cheese but it's just gross. I try and portion it out and do my best. Everything in moderation, right?
  • Hi! Hope everyone is have a good morning. Is anyone else trying to eat a specific way as well as count calories? I am 10 days into a 'no sugar(added, not like fruit' as well as counting calories...
  • ccgirl10
    ccgirl10 Posts: 8 Member
    Hi! Hope everyone is have a good morning. Is anyone else trying to eat a specific way as well as count calories? I am 10 days into a 'no sugar(added, not like fruit' as well as counting calories...

@SunshineSwimmer43879 I've done that in the past with pop and sugar, but only short term to help curb persistent cravings. Currently I am trying to stay below 45g of sugar a day and have at least 95g of protein because I am starting to exercise more so I want to have enough protein to build up some muscle. So far it has been working out for me and I don't get crazy cravings because I am just building treats into my daily calories. For me it's portions, water and mindless eating that are my biggest hurdles. I have gotten rid of a lot of processed food over the past 6 months and eating much cleaner, but portions were still too large so now I'm cutting back and really trying to bump up my water intake instead of snacking between meals.

Hope this helps!
  • J_Lou1980
    J_Lou1980 Posts: 2 Member
    Count me in!! Just got back on this, and need like minded buddies for encouragement. I would like to lose 40-50 by June. I'm already 7 lbs down. I'm over rocking big girl sizes and I'm going hard! Feel free to add me as a pal for reciprocal encouragement :)
  • thisisntabagel
    thisisntabagel Posts: 11 Member
    Well I officially weighed in today (put in what I was at the doctors office last month) and apparently lost a little over a lb before I even started trying. Which is pretty great :smiley: haven't done super great on water the past few days though. Really need to remember to grab my water bottle on days that I've gotta work.

Also I don't remember if I said before, but please feel free to friend me! I need all the buddies I can get
  • Saviik
    Saviik Posts: 46 Member
    Well, I did it. I tracked my calories today! Success for me! ;) Days like today aren't bad. It's when I have clinical, or class, or we're out and about. I need to invest in what they call.. a lunch box.. or bag.. or pail.. or container.. so many options these days! :# Honestly I just refuse to buy one every time I look at them. Don't ask my why, I think I have a grudge or something against them for some unknown reason. I will next time I'm at the store. No excuses.. it's going home with me!
    SueSueDio wrote: »
    Hi there! I'm finding the calorie-counting to be tedious and time-consuming as well - it feels like I spend more time figuring out what's in each meal than I do eating it, and when I'm hungry it sucks to have to work out what something is going to 'cost' me before it goes in my mouth!

But, I have seen some success this week and that's really encouraging. I think the counting is something I just have to knuckle down and deal with for now, and hopefully over time I'll build up a repertoire of meals that I know I can fit into my plan without worrying too much. I need to retrain my eating habits, and I know that's going to take a lot of effort at the start because I'm lazy, not a good cook, and love sweet things and bread! :) If I can train myself to feel good with smaller portions, or to know what healthy foods I can eat in larger amounts, it should be easier to keep the weight off when I get where I want to be.

I think planning ahead is something I need to do more of, and I'm sure it'll be helpful. For instance, today we had pizza and garlic bread because I hadn't planned anything in advance and that's what the family wanted, but I checked the numbers and was able to fit it in without an issue because I hadn't eaten much during the day. I know that won't always be the case, though, and I should plan out meals for the week so that I don't get into that situation again!

Good luck on your journey, and congratulations on your upcoming wedding! :)

Thank you! :smiley:
    I use to have no problems tracking when I didn't have so many other responsibilities! Times have changed, my life has changed, so therefore my approach must change! I'm feeling a bit motivated and energetic right now so I feel very confident. (Probably that energy drink I shouldn't have because they're not healthy for you, but you know..)

I weigh Friday.. Kind of nervous! I hit the gym every day except for yesterday since I got my membership last Wednesday. I'm really really hoping for a loss, but I didn't track everyday and I know had a few bad days. So we shall see.

• SueSueDio
    SueSueDio Posts: 4,796 Member
    Saviik wrote: »
    I weigh Friday.. Kind of nervous! I hit the gym every day except for yesterday since I got my membership last Wednesday. I'm really really hoping for a loss, but I didn't track everyday and I know had a few bad days. So we shall see.

You were doing something, and feeling good about what you were doing, so that's gotta be a win even if the scale doesn't show much difference. :)

I had what I consider a minor win today - my hubby commented on my good mood and that he's noticed I've been pretty happy the past few days. I have been feeling good, and even though I hurt today after trying some strength training yesterday I haven't been sitting around feeling sorry for myself. I'm unemployed at the moment so staying positive and trying not to get stressed is important for me, and I'm glad it's working enough to show on the outside too! (We'll see how I feel tomorrow, though, after attempting the training again... ;) )
  • Saviik
    Saviik Posts: 46 Member
    SueSueDio wrote: »
    You were doing something, and feeling good about what you were doing, so that's gotta be a win even if the scale doesn't show much difference. :)

I had what I consider a minor win today - my hubby commented on my good mood and that he's noticed I've been pretty happy the past few days. I have been feeling good, and even though I hurt today after trying some strength training yesterday I haven't been sitting around feeling sorry for myself. I'm unemployed at the moment so staying positive and trying not to get stressed is important for me, and I'm glad it's working enough to show on the outside too! (We'll see how I feel tomorrow, though, after attempting the training again... ;) )

That's great though!! Having a great mood and being positive makes a huge difference!

Yes, getting more exercise in is a huge deal. I would rather be fit and overweight than overweight and not fit at all. I need to do some strength training myself, but I'm a bit shy at the fitness center.
  • SueSueDio
    SueSueDio Posts: 4,796 Member
    I wouldn't be seen dead in any sort of gym (besides the fact that I couldn't afford a membership if I did want one!), so I tried this beginner workout:

http://www.nerdfitness.com/blog/2009/12/09/beginner-body-weight-workout-burn-fat-build-muscle/

I couldn't even manage as many reps as it calls for, but I tried what I could and will attempt to do an extra one each time. :)
  • Hi all,

I have been tracking for two weeks. Have always been a big girl, but now I have two beautiful children that I need to get healthy for!

Would love to loose 60lbs by August in time for my annual in-law visit to Morocco.
  • kesslemg
    kesslemg Posts: 47 Member
    Saviik wrote: »
    ..)

I weigh Friday as well. I'm hoping for a good result but I'll take what I can get. I actually tracked (for the most part) over the weekend. Usually I don't even attempt it. It's too hard with everyone home. I'm hoping that makes a positive impact. Good luck!
  • Dteg
    Dteg Posts: 86 Member
    I'm in! !!! Down almost 50 another 50 to go. We can all do this. Anyone can add me
  • MarionDas
    MarionDas Posts: 4 Member
    I used to be so proud to have lost 35kg, my fitness and kept the weight off for over 4 years.
    After I got in a romantic relationship 18mths ago (and since happily married) I became lazy and exchanged everything I worked so hard for to achieve, for bad old habits that made me gain weight in the first place+ started making up stories with all the excuses why.
    The other day I saw a picture of me and my hubby, what a lovely couple, but I didn't recognise myself anymore and it struck me what I have done and am doing to my body and health.
    I'm on a mission to climb out of this fat suit that I climbed back into - and torch it for good!
    I want to reduce 30kg by September 2015.
    My ultimate goal is to drop 40kg (88pounds) by Easter 2017.
    Please add me! :)
  • LinCharpentier
    LinCharpentier Posts: 1,129 Member
    You have a very good reason to look great in Aug. But don't push to hard and be sick on that day it's only a little better than 6 months that's a lot of weight in 6 months. But your young probably will do it. For one reason alone you want it. Reach for the stars.
  • Hello Everyone,
    I'm rejoining this site after not sticking to my goals. I'm also about 8 weeks and 1 day postpartum. I'd like to join in on this as well. My overall goal is to lose about 80 lbs. So losing 60 with a group of other motivated people would be a great experience. Please count me in.
  • michaelatroke
    michaelatroke Posts: 3 Member
    Hi guys and girls iv got around 44lbs to loose :( I'm down 6lbs first two weeks 4x a week cardio and resistance but iv now pulled my back to point I can't stand up straight and shooting pains in my legs! So just trying focus on what I eat and walk everywhere hope your all OK and achieve your goals in the near future xx