UK Ladies - where can I get a good plus-size sports bra?

Options
BigChangeNeeded
BigChangeNeeded Posts: 671 Member
edited January 2016 in Health and Weight Loss
Hi All

So, I'm at the start of all this getting healthy stuff, and I need a sports bra or something super supportive as exercising with my size boobs is annoying and uncomfortable.

I've lost track of my correct bra size, I'm somewhere around a 46 or 48 F or G, I think. I haven't bought a bra in 3 years (I can't stand underwear shopping), and need something to keep these monsters under control as I do aerobics.

Can anyone please point me in the right direction?

(Note to Mods: If this is in the wrong forum, please feel free to move it)

Replies

• firef1y72
    firef1y72 Posts: 1,579 Member
    Options
    Curvissa has some nice plus size sports bras at fairly reasonable prices. Some of them go up to a 50 F for around the £35 mark.
  • vickygumm
    vickygumm Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    M&s x
  • richtodd1976
    richtodd1976 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Why "ladies" that's sexist! But speaking as a man I have no idea, so you might have a point
  • mlinci
    mlinci Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    I buy all my bras in Bravissimo, my size has ranged over the years from 30J to 36HH and various combinations in between, and they have the best stock of large sizes and good customer service.

They have an online shop as well if you are not near one. But, I don't actually own a sports bra, so can't vouch for that specifically.
  • queribus
    queribus Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Panache are fab and keep my massive norms under control. HTH
  • queribus
    queribus Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    *norks*
  • BigChangeNeeded
    BigChangeNeeded Posts: 671 Member
    Options
    Why "ladies" that's sexist! But speaking as a man I have no idea, so you might have a point

Well, fellas can chip in if they like, but they might not understand the sheer joy that a good comfortable bra can bring, and the horror and sadness that a badly-fitted bra can bring, ha ha.
  • cw106
    cw106 Posts: 952 Member
    Options
    D+w sports currently got them on offer.
  • CurlyCockney
    CurlyCockney Posts: 1,394 Member
    Options
    Another vote for Bravissimo here. They have all the major brands and more.
  • FatMoojor
    FatMoojor Posts: 483 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    mlinci wrote: »
    I buy all my bras in Bravissimo, my size has ranged over the years from 30J to 36HH and various combinations in between, and they have the best stock of large sizes and good customer service.

They have an online shop as well if you are not near one. But, I don't actually own a sports bra, so can't vouch for that specifically.

I'm not a lady, but my wife has been getting bras and outfits from Bravissimo for years and is 99.9% of the time very happy with fit.

• sairsyfairy
    sairsyfairy Posts: 62 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    I personally use Enell sports bra's. They make them for both smaller and larger busts. They really helped me when I first started out as they literally stopped everything from bouncing/moving. They are a front closure bra which some love/hate aswell as being a "full coverage" bra too.

They have their own sizing and sizing guide and their customer service is really great with helping you determine which size you need if you are "in-between" two sizes. They wear very well and wash well. I wash mine 5 times a week and it still looks brand new. Great color choices also.
  • DeadsAndDoritos
    DeadsAndDoritos Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    Panache Sport underwired sports bra from Bravissimo. Trust me.
  • runrascal
    runrascal Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    vickygumm wrote: »
    M&s x

I find that M&S are good only if you go for a higher support level than you might think - I found that what felt well squashy in the shop turned very elasticky once I got moving!!