What nobody tells you about losing weight

Replies

• nordlead2005
    nordlead2005 Posts: 1,303 Member
    samgamgee wrote: »
    That sometimes it just doesn't make sense! My partner (also logging here) occasionally likes to wolf down a packet of huge triple chocolate cookies as a treat. At 1200 calories a pack on top of his lunch and dinner it puts him over his maintenance, but WITHOUT FAIL he has always lost weight the next morning! It's got to the point where 'magic cookies' has become a running joke with us. Seriously, he dropped 0.8 lbs this morning (he weighs daily). It's not like he goes over his calories too often so maybe the occasional cookie binge is triggering a whoosh or something - it's so funny (and I am pretty jealous).

Also, nobody told me that doing C25K would turn me into someone who craves a run on rest days. WHO AM I?!

I do the same thing with mudslides... So tasty, and they run ~800-1000 calories.
  • Angelfire365
    Angelfire365 Posts: 803 Member
    c_leeee wrote: »
    How much it would help to ease my anxiety. I had no idea it was going to make me feel so much better emotionally. My breakdowns are fewer and less severe than they were a year and a half ago when I first began.

This is awesome!!
  • c_leeee
    c_leeee Posts: 144 Member
    How much it would help to ease my anxiety. I had no idea it was going to make me feel so much better emotionally. My breakdowns are fewer and less severe than they were a year and a half ago when I first began.

This is awesome!!

<3<3
  • misssmadalyn
    misssmadalyn Posts: 360 Member
    How often I look at my knuckles (hahaha)

How tiny I feel next to be 6'2 muscular boyfriend

& same as most , the confidence ❤️❤️❤️
  • urenanadrea
    urenanadrea Posts: 12 Member
    These posts are awesome! Thank you all sharing! I would really love to be able to use again clothes I have been saving because every time I get them out I say to myself, this is sooo cute, I just need to lose a few pounds and I can fit it again!

I am hoping I can do that this time around and feel like a confident hottie!
  • JanetMMcC
    JanetMMcC Posts: 410 Member
    I've started going back to school. One class at a time, but this started one pound at a time so here we go!

Way to go! What are you studying?
  • JanetMMcC
    Thrift store 10 is going to be department store 6 or thereabouts- vanity sizing!

Ayup. When I was in high school, at enforced-on-pain-of-maternal-hissy-fits 125 pounds, I wore size 12 pants. Now, at 145, I'm wearing 10s and even 8s. <eyeroll>
  • JanetMMcC
    Robo_mooh wrote: »
    I've got a painful blister on my foot from walking / running so much! I think it's time for me to treat myself to some new properly-fitted trainers!

By all means! After managing four times around the block running, I'm thinking that at some point (but probably not soon) I may be running enough to need *running* shoes!
  • tzkully
    tzkully Posts: 77 Member
    How much easier a towel stays wrapped around your waist when you get out of the shower!
  • JanetMMcC

That's wonderful!
  • JanetMMcC
    That I'd be so tickled at touching my toes in the shower that I'd come out and show The Man In My Life.
  • bikinivirgin
    bikinivirgin Posts: 57 Member
    I think I notice the cold more but still worth it. I lost my original engagement ring, always get asked if I'm loosing weight more than anything else(main convo) but there is so many good things like I don't chafe as much anymore. I like the mention of the handicap stall I now feel like I don't need it anymore cause I can fit better through the door now. Nice to see others thinking of that too.
  • Robo_mooh
    Robo_mooh Posts: 44 Member
    edited January 2016
    samgamgee wrote: »
    Hehe, for science! Tesco Finest Triple Chocolate ;) 310 calories each, my word.

Might have to go to tescos tonight...
  • bisky
    bisky Posts: 964 Member
    YalithKBK wrote: »
    You will sometimes get annoyed or even angry when people offer you seconds or say you "deserve" a treat. I'm trying to lose weight! Extra calories means more work for me! Back off! (I'm still training my boyfriend about this).

excellent reminder!

• William4MVP
    William4MVP Posts: 166 Member
    myssjaxson wrote: »
    How when you hit your goal weight you don't magically have a perfect bikini body, WHERE ARE THE UNICORNS I EXPECTED??????

Very true lol minus the bikini body part. Just gotta keep working on yourself and make it a lifelong journey ya know?
  • KristinaJeanPhD
    KristinaJeanPhD Posts: 10 Member
    That discovering you have Raynaud's Phenomenon (Syndrome) is not uncommon in people who've lost a lot of weight. Everybody mentions being cold, but apparently being obese (and warmer) just masks the Raynaud's for many people. Once you lose the weight and Raynaud's becomes apparent (it's really hard to miss when your fingers turn deadly white due to lack of blood flow), it's very disconcerting. It also warrants a trip to the doctor to make sure it's not just a symptom of other issues.

I guess the fact that I never felt overly warm even being second category obese should have given me a clue.

Same here! I have had Raynaud's ever since I lost big. Thought it was just me! :smile:

Also, I walked into a store once after losing 80 pounds, and the girl there said "Oh! Our spring collection is really made for people like you." It made me never want to go back to the way I was.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!