Easter Misfit Losers' chatting station

Options

Replies

• Shirley61
    Shirley61 Posts: 7,758 Member
    Options
    Morning

Hubby and I went for a walk at the hocky arena this morning alot of seniors go there, I don't know why
    I didn't think of that earlier this winter.
    Dave started taking some of the wallpaper in our front entrance and is patching some spots and will paint the entrance way. Then the next step will be the large wall that goes downstairs. He said he will rent a steamer to take it off, it was quite a job taking down that little bit.

I have no special plans today I may go out later and get some shampoo.

I found a recipe on Pinterest for raspberry muffins made with greet yogurt and is only 180 calories
    for one. I think I will try it tomorrrow. My oldest daughter and her boyfriend are coming for the
    weekend.

Have a good morning everyone.

Shirley
  • CALIECAT
    CALIECAT Posts: 12,530 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    CALIECAT wrote: »
    What happened to 1/21/16 Am in love he fi st one on this morning?

marie

my that don't make sense does it. don't remember what I was trying to type. Marie
  • lovesretirement
    lovesretirement Posts: 2,661 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Good morning, losers! Happy Thursday!

Late again but wanted to get out to the store early.

Shirley...I used to have wall paper and it gave my husband and I fits taking it down even with the steamer. After doing it in two bathrooms, my hubs refused to do the kitchen. Luckily, I found someone who would remove it and paint so I was happy. When they did it, it took only minutes to get it off!

Steph..that meal sounds great. Still waiting on my vegetti..Amazon is usually right on time but not this week. I hope to get it today.

Janice..I'm still waiting for the first grandbaby. I know they are trying so I don't nag them about it.

Gonna continue purging today and will also make a spinach crustless quiche.

Give it your all today, losers!
    If not now, when?

Connie
  • CALIECAT
    edited January 2016
    Options
    i am trying to lose 5 lbs a month on this high starch plan. seems to be working I have lost 4 Lbs an have 10 days to lose the other lb. for January
    Today meals
    B....steel cuts oats coffee
    l...... bAked sweet potatoes and a green vegies
    S...... beans soup with lots of veggies in it.
    Seems to be my everyday meals But it satisfied me so why not?

if not
    n.gifo.gifw.gif
    When?
    marie
  • eyegirl777va
    eyegirl777va Posts: 1,464 Member
    Options
    Good morning,
    Looks like a day to stay inside, rain, storms and then some snow tomorrow!!!
    I have plenty of inside work to keep me busy for a long time.
    Sounds like everyone is doing well.
    Have a great day.
    Nancy
  • janiceclark08
    janiceclark08 Posts: 1,341 Member
    Options
    Marie-Congratulations on your 4lb loss so far this month. You are doing great sticking to your plan. If you are happy eating the same things and its working for you, thats great.

Connie-I have 5 grandchildren and 2 more from marriage, but technically 3, from my children. Hopefully you will get a grandbaby soon.
    Shirley-I have never ate any greek yogurt, not a huge fan of yogurt, but the muffins sound interesting. I have been wanting some brownies, but I haven't done it yet.
    We are suppose to get 6-12 inches of snow tomorrow, with some ice first. I might get out today and pick up a couple more things, its not mandatory, but I haven't gotten out since Monday and probably wont this weekend if we get all that snow. I am trying to figure out what I want to cook for supper, not sure what I am in the mood for.
    I will check in later, have a good day. Janice
  • rayw89
    rayw89 Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    Stephanie, I will be testing used electronics, mainly phones, to see what their issues seem to be, and then grading them to be sent to the team that repairs/refurbishes them for resale.

I'm really, really, really hoping they reschedule my first day at work, I'm afraid I'll lose my job because of ice and snow. The weather lady keeps using the word "impossible" to describe tomorrow's road conditions. I also hope school is cancelled tomorrow night. Ugh, I absolutely hate icy weather. It's amazing how hard it impacts our daily lives.

Marie, nice job losing!!
    Connie, I hope your vegetti comes today!

I have a ton of homework to complete today, and I may venture out for some milk later. My bedtime is 9:30 tonight so hopefully I'll get decent sleep before tackling the roads in the morning.
    Stay warm everyone!

-Rachel
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    Hello Ray ho are you today.?
  • SeeAhtter787
    SeeAhtter787 Posts: 1,217 Member
    Options
    Hi guys. Sorry I have been quiet again. Been crazy busy as usual. Hubby and I are south again...... I see the knee doc tomorrow morning while the hubby gets "violated". He is getting a colonoscopy while I see my doc. Let's hope all is normal for him. His dad had colon cancer twice and several of his uncles and cousins had it as well. We spent today shopping. Got everything but one item on the list. Okay the list only had 6 things on it but one item was 5 matching little black skirts for the ballet studio. And another item was water shoes for me to wear with my dry suit. Luckily both of those items were on clearance!!!! I'm done with my dinner so I guess I will go back to hubby and laugh at him in the bathroom. I over did the calories today but that's ok. I don't normally have 2 maple bars and a cinnamon roll and a milkshake in one day. However they were DELICIOUS!!!!!!! I feel no guilt or shame in indulging like I did.

Esther
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    Good morning Misfit
    Hello Esther. Good seeing you this morning.
    Just been to the Senior Sneakers group and one of the girl lost her little dog to cancer yesterday. So sad.

Me I am doing find remain the same this morning. But blood sugar and blood pressure Is great. So can.t complain. Hope this fine you all doing great let's see today is grocer shopping day willbechecking there veggies over good thi week I foun out I like Collar greens. I was raise up thinking there was just corn. Peas beans and potatoes. We had potatoes of some kind every night.mostl fried. See you later
    marie
  • lovesretirement
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Good morning, losers! Happy Friday!

Marie..glad your levels are down this morning! Enjoy your shopping.

Ray..hope you made it to work this morning or better than that, they rescheduled your first day.

Janice..did you get everything before the snow?

Nancy..we have the rain, wind, and cold today.

Ruthie, Steph, Esther, Shirley....hope you are doing well.

I went to the gym for training then got in the pool for 45 minutes. After that, I went to the store for a few things. I am finished and in for the day. Still do not have my vegetti yet. This is so unusual for Amazon. The tracking says it's on the way and is supposed to be delivered by US postal service...that's probably the problem as UPS is usually better. Anyway, I have the zucchini and am ready to make the zoodles!

Make it a great day! I hope all of you have a safe weekend!

Connie
  • eyegirl777va
    Options
    Good morning misfits,
    Still waiting to see snow, don't think it is going to happen!!!

Connie, I am anxious to hear how you like the Veggitti. I need something to make
    me enjoy veggies more.

I will probably stay it today as it is cold. Still have house cleaning to do.

Have a great day.

Nancy
  • janiceclark08
    janiceclark08 Posts: 1,341 Member
    Options
    I did get out and picked up some things I needed. I also went in our Goodwill and I got a brand new pair of dress pants, that still had a price tag for $40.00 on them for 3.99, a pair of New Balance tennis shoes that look like new for 3.99 and a couple of short sleeve shirts. I put new insoles pads in the tennis shoes, they were not in them. I always put what I buy in the washer immediately. Not the shoes. Plus I went to Big Lots and found wrapping paper 25 cents a roll, and ornaments 90% off. It was a bargain day. We have not gotten to much snow yet, it started late around 9:00 today, we are still suppose to get 4-8 inches. Its not suppose to stop until after 8 tonight. Gotta run. Janice
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    I* am a bit confused on Rachel you all sound like you are reading her but all I get is the cat no posting at all? I don't see anything that she post. tell me i am not crazy.
    Marie
  • Shirley61
    Shirley61 Posts: 7,758 Member
    Options
    Marie - I guess Rachael's post is not showing for you for some reason.
    I can't believe you lost 4 pounds, that is fabulous. Your plan must be working for you, keep up the good
    work. I have been snacking after dinner lately which makes for the .02 pound gain this week. I have to
    get back to drinking tea at night again. Just a thought, try baking your potatoes or boiling them, that will
    shave off a few calories instead of frying.

Esther- Colonoscopies are no fun, since your hubby has it in the family I am assuming he goes more
    than every 10 years. The prep is much worse than the procedure.

Ray - I am not fond of ice roads or wintry roads of any kind. I hope you had a safe drive.

Janice - Not a lot people like yogurt. I can't eat plain yogurt on its own, but when it is mixed with
    fruit or in something like a smoothie its really good. Just a thought about the tennis shoes you got
    from the Goodwill, I would wash them too. Some people have fungal foot problems, you don't
    want to catch that.

Connie - I hope you get your veggitti, there is a storm brewing over Washington, DC and Maryland
    maybe that's why its late getting to you. As far as waiting for grand kids, we waited a long time too and
    I was giving up having any and then one day the good news came. Same thing will happen to you. <3
    My oldest is 34 and will be 35 and she is not married yet. So not sure what will happen in the future.
    You know what they say, is all about patience.

Have fun today!

Shirley
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    Thanks Shirley your remark about me not getting Ray post I check it out and I did click on unread or something , I I recheck it and now I am gettin her post. Wow had me goingi hope all of you that lives East of us don't get into that big snow storm sounds bad.

It was very windy here which made it very cold when we went to the store.
    Marie
    Mesquite TEXAS SUB . OF Dallas
  • lovesretirement
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Good morning, losers! Happy Saturday!

Snow showers outside my window this morning! It's not sticking as it is 32 degrees and the ground is too warm. Hope all of you are safe and warm. It's a great day for something in a crockpot. I am going to do another crustless quiche today and have a side salad with it. My veggitti is still MIA! :D Hope my zucchini does not go bad before it comes!

Stay strong--bad weather makes us want to graze in the kitchen all day! ;)

Connie
  • SeeAhtter787
    SeeAhtter787 Posts: 1,217 Member
    Options
    Hi everybody. Saw the doc about a knee yesterday. Guess what!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HE SAID AS SOON AS I HIT 225 I GET MY NEW KNEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Nope I'm not happy as you can tell ;) Finally the day has come. This is what I have been fighting so hard to get for 10 years. It is a dream come true. I go back to see him in June. I will be at 225 if I have to starve myself to do it. But it will happen
  • CALIECAT
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Esther we will be rooting for you. Stayed out of that moonshine...................................

Marie
  • eyegirl777va
    Options
    Yes, it is so cold today and a fine day to stay inside. Can't decide what I want to do.
    Not in the mood to cook.

Esther, You can get to 225 by June without a doubt. You have what it takes to get there!!!

Hope you stay warm and safe.

Nancy