I would love to see some before and after photos!

2»

Replies

• jenbar
    jenbar Posts: 1,038 Member
    LOL! so true! so true! I would never had worn those when I was bigger!
    Thanks so much! Still got work to do!
    :heart: :drinker:

thanks blg74! you will! it takes a long time to put it on, so don't get discouraged when it doesn't fall off as fast as you want it to. I wanted to be at goal last Nov. but I plateaued big time. So I figured, I'd ease off for awhile, then start up again full force and put my body in shock! Hopefully I can know the last 15-20 off by summer. And I'd like to be toned by then too.
  • SGFlyinHi
    SGFlyinHi Posts: 469 Member
    Everyone looks GREAT.
    Keep up the AWESOME work!!!!
    :drinker: :drinker: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • jenbar
    SGFlynn, you are like a rock! woo hoo! Way to go!:drinker:
  • Wolfena
    Wolfena Posts: 1,570 Member
    I have one set in my profile...
    and a whole bunch here: http://www.sparkpeople.com/mypage_photo_gallery.asp?id=WOLFENA
  • SGFlyinHi
    SGFlynn, you are like a rock! woo hoo! Way to go!:drinker:

Thanks Jen. I'm getting there. :blushing:

You look pretty good yourself. Great job!!!
    :drinker: :flowerforyou:
  • there are some awesome before and afters on the biggest loser website(www.nbc.com/biggestloser i think). i dont mean the actual contestants but just all kinds of people who lost weight with all different methods and programs. i was like in tears tonight looking at everyones success.
  • jenifergotti
    jenifergotti Posts: 325 Member
    P3260476.jpg?t=1231643616

December 2007

P2181127_2.jpg?t=1231643669

December 2008

Starting weight - 215
    Current weight - 161

You look soooooo much younger! WOW
  • since all have you have made such a difference in your bodys, how did u do it???

share for those of us struggling
  • These photos & stories are great! good job, everyone!

I wonder how these people who've lost 50 lbs in a year (or more) can keep losing without backsliding.

I started working out & food logging on MFP in March 2008. I was doing great until my 4 week summer vacation, where I gained back the weight I'd lost. I didn't food log consistantly again until now--though I've worked out regularly--aeorbics & strength training. However, I'm back to where I started last March.

So.....how do you manage eating habits during vacations & other irregular times? I just don't want to fall that far off the wagon again!

Thanks for any feedback you can give!

Wendy
  • SGFlyinHi
    These photos & stories are great! good job, everyone!

I wonder how these people who've lost 50 lbs in a year (or more) can keep losing without backsliding.

I started working out & food logging on MFP in March 2008. I was doing great until my 4 week summer vacation, where I gained back the weight I'd lost. I didn't food log consistantly again until now--though I've worked out regularly--aeorbics & strength training. However, I'm back to where I started last March.

So.....how do you manage eating habits during vacations & other irregular times? I just don't want to fall that far off the wagon again!

Wendy

Wendy,

I joined MFP in Oct 2007 and by Oct 2008 I had lost 90lbs and reached my goal. Some months were better than others, however I didn't let my 'bad' months discourage me.
    For me it's a matter of I don't want to go back to where I was over a year ago. Now, do I cheat once in a while- of course, especially on vacations. I try not to go overboard and still eat right, though I don't watch what I eat as carefully. I also try to get some exercise in while I'm on vacation, though that doesn't always happen either. I do make sure that I get right back into my healthy eating and workouts as soon as I get back. Also during this past Holiday season I didn't watch as closely, but now I am back into my routines and feel good.

If you have the right mindset, it can be done. You definitley have to be ready for this lifestyle change for it to take affect. I stated that I started on Oct 2007, that's not completely true. I joined this site just to track my calories in 2007, however, I have beeen struggling with my weight for about 12 years now, I was going to the gym, but only 2 times a week, and rarely doing any cardio. I was also not eating correctly as I was only eating 2 rimes a day, usually. In Oct 2007 I had a wake-up call of sorts. I was walking around picking things up and was having a hard time catching my breath. That was when I decided I needed to start taking my health more seriously. At the same time I signed up with a trainer at my gym that wouldn't put up with my lame excuses of why I wasn't doing cardio. Now I had other trainers in the past, but they never pushed me the way that my trainer now does. She is definitley a big reason as to why I have done so well. Now I eat right- 5 to 6 times a day, and work out 5 to 6 days a week with at least 4 days of cardio & 3 days of weights, and yeas I do cardio after my workouts.

Hope this helps you a little. Good luck.

SG :glasses:
  • PedalHound
    PedalHound Posts: 1,625 Member

Wendy

I'm still on my journey but had to write as you mentioned my current "magic number". I've lost 50lbs since June 8th of this past year, so in 7 months. (I have a before pic in my profile.)
    As SGFlyinHi said, you have to be READY. In a really particular way. And you know when you've hit the wall that you're not willing to hit again. My advice to people is to recognize that working out is of COURSE important in this and both cardio and weight training have to be considered for this to really work. Just weights won't get the fat off and just cardio will basically have you a smaller version of where you are now rather than transforming your body composition in favour of lean muscle rather than fat! But eating is the biggest part of this and I'm not talking calorie counting, I'm talking food choices. Eating whole foods every 2-3 hours is what will allow you to win this. The closer you can keep your foods to their natural state the better this journey will go. And honestly if you combine cardio, weights and clean eating you will see magic happen. I have a sweet tooth and even still my attitude has changed so much that almost all the time my worst sweet cheat is 71% dark chocolate and more often than not when I consider indulging a craving I quickly realize I'd rather save the calories for real food that will actually satisfy me. I've had slumps and I'll have more, but I know that the path I'm on is one of forward motion. You can't let lapses run you because they'll keep coming from time to time and that's just life. Same with holidays and vacations... you can enjoy them and decide where your limits are there as long as you know that your choices will either contribute to your goals (be they loss or maintenance) or they'll cause you to have to work extra hard to make up for them. The point around those times is to be at peace with your choice and to always get back on track. The people you see on here who have achieved significant losses aren't perfect. The thing they have in common is that they know how to get back on track and they know how to make the better choice 80% of the time. THAT'S the key and with that you WILL succeed :bigsmile:
  • Fitness_Chick
    Fitness_Chick Posts: 6,648 Member

Wendy
    Hi Wendy:flowerforyou: I think continuing to log no matter where you are, home or away can make all the difference. Continuing excercise is a great tool but it's not really what keeps the weight off but the food choices we make. Preplanning and logging even if only on paper when on vaca if you don't take or have a laptop.

Just some ideas....:happy:
    FC:heart:
  • Fitness_Chick
    Fitness_Chick Posts: 6,648 Member
    The girls above have made some excellent points!! The biggest one of all? You just plain gotta be ready to change. We've all tried in the past and we weren't ready....something clicked last year for me, and I knew...I simply knew I was ready, this wasn't going to be a "I'll try it again thing"...but the real thing. Not a diet but a changing of entire life. Changing how I thought of food, how I purchased food, how I ate the food I prepared, adding in plenty of water, began cardio, strength training, Yoga...and more.

I think if a person isn't ready then it won't take long for them to figure it out. This is serious stuff, it's our life we're talking about!! Oh we all have some fun on here to be sure, but we take tracking our foods and excercise pretty seriously....we have to...to keep in place real changes it's gotta be the real deal.

Diets are temporary, changing our way of eating and living life is permanant. But it's a journey not a destination..... we don't simply arrive. Yes, we get to our goal but then working on maintaining is a process all it's own. It's a lifelong journey...and a wonderful one at that!!:flowerforyou: :heart: :flowerforyou:

• PedalHound
    PedalHound Posts: 1,625 Member
    Diets are temporary, changing our way of eating and living life is permanant. But it's a journey not a destination..... we don't simply arrive. Yes, we get to our goal but then working on maintaining is a process all it's own. It's a lifelong journey...and a wonderful one at that!!:flowerforyou: :heart: :flowerforyou:

Amen FC! :wink:
  • SGFlyinHi
    The girls above have made some excellent points!! The biggest one of all? You just plain gotta be ready to change. We've all tried in the past and we weren't ready....something clicked last year for me, and I knew...I simply knew I was ready, this wasn't going to be a "I'll try it again thing"...but the real thing. Not a diet but a changing of entire life. Changing how I thought of food, how I purchased food, how I ate the food I prepared, adding in plenty of water, began cardio, strength training, Yoga...and more.

I think if a person isn't ready then it won't take long for them to figure it out. This is serious stuff, it's our life we're talking about!! Oh we all have some fun on here to be sure, but we take tracking our foods and excercise pretty seriously....we have to...to keep in place real changes it's gotta be the real deal.

I agree 100%!!!

I went from eating 2 large meals a day, usually junk, to eating 5 to 6 times a day- mainly healthy- choices. This is definitely a lifestyle change. I usually try to log my food either the night before or in the morning to try to pre-plan my day. Do I always stick to what I write down- no, Things do change and thats ok. I just remember to go back and make the changes when I can. I also try to log when I am out of town, though it doesn't always happen. I do make sure to get back to logging as soon as I am back home.

This is my new lifestyle, and I wouldn't have it any other way.

Good Journey!!
  • The girls above have made some excellent points!! The biggest one of all? You just plain gotta be ready to change. We've all tried in the past and we weren't ready....something clicked last year for me, and I knew...I simply knew I was ready, this wasn't going to be a "I'll try it again thing"...but the real thing. Not a diet but a changing of entire life. Changing how I thought of food, how I purchased food, how I ate the food I prepared, adding in plenty of water, began cardio, strength training, Yoga...and more.

I agree 100%!!!

I went from eating 2 large meals a day, usually junk, to eating 5 to 6 times a day- mainly healthy- choices. This is definitely a lifestyle change. I usually try to log my food either the night before or in the morning to try to pre-plan my day. Do I always stick to what I write down- no, Things do change and thats ok. I just remember to go back and make the changes when I can. I also try to log when I am out of town, though it doesn't always happen. I do make sure to get back to logging as soon as I am back home.

This is my new lifestyle, and I wouldn't have it any other way.

Good Journey!!

Thanks to you all. I think the food logging & making better choices are the key for me. I enjoy working out 5+ times per week using cardio & strength--but at over 40 yrs, that's not enough. I have a sweet tooth and also tend to eat in stressful situations. I think I mentally haven't "turned the corner" on really conquering my eating habits. I always want that cookie, piece of cake, etc., etc. I will keep logging and working out and figure out how to change my thoughts & patterns along the way.
  • jenbar
    *bump*
  • watch48win
    watch48win Posts: 1,668 Member
    BUMP!
  • briblue72
    briblue72 Posts: 672 Member
    I completely agree - - you have to be "ready." This is really my only *true* attempt to lose weight, but I was a smoker for about 6 years and quit many times. But I didn't quit for good until I was ˆreadyˆ. I haven't picked up a cigarette in almost 2 years (anniversary coming up next month)!

I went into weight loss with the same mindset. I knew what it took to lose the weight - healthy food and exercise. I think everyone, deep down, knows that diets don't work, that quick fixes don't work, and that fads don't work. It takes conscious effort, every day, to lose weight. I eat most of what I ate "before" just WAY smaller portions! Instead of 6 oreos (or 10 :wink: ) I eat 2. Instead of half a pizza, I eat a slice or two. And I log ALL of it.

I'll be honest, I hate exercising. Hate it. But I love what it's done for my body and I love how I feel after a good workout.

The support of my husband, my friends, and my family (including my MFP family) has been amazing. Their kind words, encouragement, and guidance have helped me immensely. Tell everyone you know about your goals - make them hold you accountable! It'll help!

Good luck to you! and if you have questions, I don't mind answering them. Although I am no dietician or personal trainer, I consider myself knowledgeable. I found MFP on January 4, 2008 and followed the suggestions with blind faith. AND I FEEL GREAT!

Be honest with yourself. Be honest with the food you consume. Be honest with your workouts. Lying won't make the scale change.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!