any other grazers find it hard to log your eats???

I literally just had 2 bites of lasagna and 2 "pinches" of granola…. do I not log? do I guess? do I log 1/16 of a serving?? am I psychotically over thinking it??? HALP!

Replies

• ModernRock
    ModernRock Posts: 372 Member
    I felt like I was grazing too much--not planning my meals--and that was leading to some of the weight gain. Logging everything encourages me to plan ahead and eat meals.
  • Linzon
    Linzon Posts: 294 Member
    I keep a tiny bowl on my scale and just plop in whatever before I eat it, if I'm being nibbly.
  • BioQueen
    BioQueen Posts: 694 Member
    I only graze when I pre-log it, which at that point I'm not sure if it qualifies as grazing lol. But if I graze without logging it first I get a really nasty surprise. But I would definitely log it, that stuff can add up if you aren't paying attention.
  • ElizabethOakes2
    ElizabethOakes2 Posts: 1,038 Member
    My husband is a grazer and he starts in the morning weighing out nuts, dried fruits, chocolate chips, etc in the morning, then at night before bed, he weighs it again and subtracts out what he snacked on. What he DOES forget to log is those 'little nibbles' he snatches off the cutting board when I'm making lunch or dinner.
  • beachbum805
    beachbum805 Posts: 32 Member
    I agree with "should log it"… but how??? Like… how do you determine the calories in 2 bites of lasagna??? lol
  • seska422
    seska422 Posts: 3,217 Member
    I agree with "should log it"… but how??? Like… how do you determine the calories in 2 bites of lasagna??? lol
    You weigh it. If you can't weigh it, you estimate.

Two bites could be 1/4th of a serving depending upon how big the bites were.

I graze a lot less than I used to do because I ask myself "Is it really worth the trouble to weigh this bite and chase down the correct database entry?" and the answer is usually no.
  • lemonlionheart
    lemonlionheart Posts: 580 Member
    edited January 2016

Estimate, and over-estimate just to be safe. I've done a similar thing where I had a couple of bites of a veggie lasagne my housemates made so I looked it up in the database and logged it as 1/4 serving just in case. Do you know the calorie information of the lasagne? Alternately, sometimes on 'snacky' days where I can't be bothered to log the odd bite or nibble I just don't log my cardio and walking either and just call it even, or I 'quick add' a few hundred calories.

ETA: remember that we humans tend to underestimate calories so it's probably going to be more than you think it was!
  • maxally777
    maxally777 Posts: 27 Member
    I graze too and I think it makes it harder to lose because you don't realize everything counts that you put in your mouth...log it and you will see it adds up